Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: Second Son

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 21, 2014

Set seven years after the events of inFamous 2, Second Son stars a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, who fights back against government oppression and must face off with his own brother in the process. It takes place in the city of Seattle, Washington, the first real location used in the series.

*SPOILERS* - Which ending should be considered canon?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Poll *SPOILERS* - Which ending should be considered canon? (57 votes)

Good Ending 84%
    Evil Ending 11%
    Other Motherfucker! 5%

Which ending do you think Sucker Punch should consider canon in the inevitable sequel?

• 
    DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DarthOrange

I personally thought that the good storyline was pretty dumb overall where the whole time Delson never really seems to care about any of the people in Seattle and wasn't only in it to get the rocks out of his grandma's legs. He never seemed to express a greater sense of worry for what was happening to the other conduits around the world.

I felt the evil story was leaps and bounds better. I think this one should be made canon as it would leave the world in an interesting place going forward where Delson, Fetch and Eugene could be the villains of the game. Delson was never particularly interesting so I wouldn't mind jumping to a new protagonist for the next game.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I don't see how it could be anything but the good ending. The evil ending is laughably bad. In fact almost all of the evil story stuff in that game is kinda terrible.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how it could be anything but the good ending. The evil ending is laughably bad. In fact almost all of the evil story stuff in that game is kinda terrible.

You're kinda terrible! But seriously though I would love to hear you expand on why you think that, I personally felt it was better.

The evil ending has him with the conduits on his side while the DUP is still trying to fight him off. From a gameplay perspective this opens the door for some enemy variety that was sorely missing from Second Son. Both inFamous and inFamous 2 had several different types of enemies that they threw at you (everything from homeless trash people of full blown monsters) while Second Son just had you fighting the DUP who all had the same concrete power. Keeping the evil ending as cannon could have you fighting different conduits as well as the generic DUP soldiers. Maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@darthorange: The whole setup for the game is that he's doing it for the tribe. He doesn't like how that lady treats him after taking over seattle and becoming a hugely superpowered dick... I mean, if this was canon he'd have like a million powers. (he mentions shaking all of the conduits hands as they left the prison) Anyways. The way he reacts to her disappointment is not by arguing why he did the things he did, he just murders everyone. He MURDERS EVERYONE. The only way this ending would be ok is if Delsin was the main villain in the next game, and something tells me you don't get Troy Baker to be the main character in your game if you plan on making him a huge piece of shit in the inevitable sequel.

Goldone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

IMO the good ending is canon because that story as a whole worked better than the evil one for me. I didn't really like a lot of the evil story personally. In the good I felt that the relationship between Delsin and his brother made more sense, him helping his brother when he loses his powers, the scene where he dies and tells him how proud he is of him, exposing the DUP at the end after everything she'd done all seemed to fit together.

Then I played the evil story and it was kind of a bummer, in that I don't understand why his cop brother helps him get his powers back or why he's proud of him as he dies, Delsin has been running around killing people for twirling signs around or busking for money, he's kind of a dick. I understand budget and time constraints likely get in the way of them creating 2 entirely different stories depending on the good and evil choices but it was strange to see what I considered the "good" cutscenes playing out while being a massive douche.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

@goldone said:

IMO the good ending is canon because that story as a whole worked better than the evil one for me. I didn't really like a lot of the evil story personally. In the good I felt that the relationship between Delsin and his brother made more sense, him helping his brother when he loses his powers, the scene where he dies and tells him how proud he is of him, exposing the DUP at the end after everything she'd done all seemed to fit together.

Then I played the evil story and it was kind of a bummer, in that I don't understand why his cop brother helps him get his powers back or why he's proud of him as he dies, Delsin has been running around killing people for twirling signs around or busking for money, he's kind of a dick. I understand budget and time constraints likely get in the way of them creating 2 entirely different stories depending on the good and evil choices but it was strange to see what I considered the "good" cutscenes playing out while being a massive douche.

Pretty much all this. The part that I kind of enjoyed about the evil ending is when he goes back to the tribe, and the old woman tells him to go away because he's been disowned for the things he did; they don't consider him one of them any more. I wish that they had done a little bit more with this; maybe have scenes with his brother play out differently enough that at the end his brother just says goodbye, or maybe just doesn't say anything.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've not played through the evil side yet but the good story never really sat with me.

For starters, Delsin kind of acts like a dickish kid in a playground and develops an immediate social conscience after finding out within minutes he has the conduit gene. It'd suit me much more if he just went around playing the villain. Especially as the only voice of reason he has is his brother who, ultimately, just goes along with his brother because, lets be honest, if your kid brother was doing this stuff, you'd watch his back before some serious shit went down.

And look what that got him.

Also, in the good ending they talk about how conduits and normals get along in the end. This never happens. That's why they'll keep making inFamous games. And there's not one decent conduit in the bunch aside from Cole. Kuo and Knix in 2 switched turns being bad / evil markers and every other conduit in the games is generally in opposition. As for the Second Son crew, you have a smackhead serial murderer, a nerd with no social skills and anger issues, a petty crook and a sadist. I care not.

Sucker Punch will inevitably set the next one X years after this with a new, totally different threat which won't bear any connection to this game. That's a pity because at least the Cole two had through-lines. Cole kicked this whole conduit thing off and then went back in time to ensure he became strong enough to fight The Beast in 2. In this game, any filling in they need to do is in crappy flavour text during load screens. All-in-all, its not very well written or paced but I suspect that's what happens when you hit a console early on.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

They should still make a game based on Infamous 2's evil ending. They can still use Delsin if they wanted. Imagine the powers he can absorb in a world full of conduits.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He probably got them all when he was hi-fivin' folks at Cardun Cay.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They'll probably decide depending on how many people got which ending. That's how they handled it with inFAMOUS 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.