Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: Second Son

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 21, 2014

Set seven years after the events of inFamous 2, Second Son stars a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, who fights back against government oppression and must face off with his own brother in the process. It takes place in the city of Seattle, Washington, the first real location used in the series.

Time of Day, HUD on/off, and 30FPS Cap options to be added.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By strainedeyes

We also want you to know that we listen to your complaints. Some big, some small, but we take them all to heart. We never want to lose sight of how important it is that we listen to all of you. We can always be better.

So to say thanks, not just for all the support but also for your passionate requests to make the game better, we’ve started work on a few small features which we’ll be delivering in the weeks to come.

Change Time-of-Day

Once you beat the game, a new entry will appear on the options menu to allow you to select the time of day! A very popular request indeed, and one we’re excited to enable for you all.

HUD On/Off

Especially for those amazingly talented screenshot taking folks, we’re including an option to let you turn the HUD on and off.

Cap at 30FPS

Internally we prefer the unlocked frame rate, but we recognize that some players find it distressing. So we’ll provide a way to ensure the game is not bumping up over 30FPS, if that’s how you prefer to play.

Playstation Blog

Nice to see them adding some requested features. I've had a few screenshots that were ruined by the reticle.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First console game to have an option for FPS cap? Neat, will probably give it a try, even if I'm happy with it's current state as well. Daytime change is also welcomed, especially when I originally thought that there would be some sort of dynamic day/weather change happening in the game constantly.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very happy to hear about the day night option. I remember them saying there'd be no cycle because each part of the story is tied to a time of day. And since they put so much effort into the night time it was a shame it was only in the game twice.

The HUD is also a nice welcome and the fps lock is cool. I probably wont use it, but it's cool they put it in.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@glottery said:

First console game to have an option for FPS cap? Neat, will probably give it a try, even if I'm happy with it's current state as well. Daytime change is also welcomed, especially when I originally thought that there would be some sort of dynamic day/weather change happening in the game constantly.

BioShock Infinite on PS3 had it as well. Wish more games would give the option (when possible), because it's always nice to have more options at hand. Plus even if a console game may occasionally rise into 40+fps, that usually also means there's chances it's going to dip at sub-30. So being able to lock it down tight at 30fps would be preferable more often than not.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@yummylee said:

@glottery said:

BioShock Infinite on PS3 had it as well. Wish more games would give the option (when possible), because it's always nice to have more options at hand. Plus even if a console game may occasionally rise into 40+fps, that usually also means there's chances it's going to dip at sub-30. So being able to lock it down tight at 30fps would be preferable more often than not.

Actually, all the Bioshock games have had this on console as far as I know.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@glottery: The Saints Row games have the option to turn V-sync on or off. Still doesn't do much.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It always bums me out when open world games don't just have a day/night cycle. Even more so with this one considering it's a next gen game.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zeik

@steadyingmeat said:

It always bums me out when open world games don't just have a day/night cycle. Even more so with this one considering it's a next gen game.

Having a day/night cycle wouldn't make much sense in Second Son, since the story takes place over the course of only a handful of days. Unlocking it for post-game stuff is a smart compromise.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By strainedeyes

@steadyingmeat said:

They do it so they can construct their story/cutscenes around the right atmosphere. I don't see anything wrong with it.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By GunstarRed

Glad about this as the game looks way better at night with all of the neon everywhere. Not sure about the FPS option though as I never really had it drop all that badly. There were only a couple of occasions where it slowed down pretty drastically, but I guess it's nice to have the option.

I will be able to take much cleaner photo's also. Imagine this without the HUD ruining it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@glottery said:

Killzone Shadow Fall also had a 30 FPS cap added later via a patch.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Don't have the game and only watched some of the quick look but the hud definitely stood out as being a little crap. Always like the option to turn the hud off

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Steadying

@strainedeyes: Plenty of other games have already solved that " problem " while still having a day/night cycle. I do like that they're patching this in, though at least, 'cause I'm not a huge fan of how the game looks after you beat it.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steadyingmeat: Like which though? The reason for there not being a day/night cycle was that they wanted the story to flow along and have things happen during certain times of the day, without doing things like constantly jumping in time or telling you "come back between 22:00 and 06:00 to start this mission".

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

GTA V did handle time shifting pretty well though. It was a little off putting on my third play through where I was following traffic rules and hanging out/calling friends a lot so I could wring every bit of dialogue out of it but when you were speeding through it I really dug how some missions would start with a scene of several days passing by.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.