Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

Backlog -2: inFAMOUS & Heavenly Sword

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad2b9eed0cdd
    deactivated-5ad2b9eed0cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided

With inFAMOUS and Heavenly Sword falling I think it’s safe to say that it’s been a pretty decent week in the world of backlogging. Neither game took a ton of time but both have been staring at me for a couple of years, begging to be conquered.

inFAMOUS: When inFAMOUS came out I never actually had a PS3. I remember it came out right around Prototype and I was in the camp that thought both were pretty much the same game. They were both 3rd-person action games that had you running around a city doing missions and wearing a hoodie. What I didn’t realize at the time was that inFAMOUS, while similar looking, plays about a hundred times better than Prototype. I had no clue this game was so great but finishing it and knocking it off my backlog has me wanting to pick up the sequel when it drops a little in price. Very impressed and very happy that I decided to give it another shot.

Heavenly Sword: All I can really say about Heavenly Sword is “WOW!” I remember seeing the commercials for HS when it came out in 2007 and thinking that it looked pretty awesome but since I didn’t own a PS3 I kind of forgot about it. About a year ago it dropped in price and I decided to add it to my collection for when I had nothing else to play, forgetting just how amazing this looked when it was released. This weekend I was reminded. In my opinion Heavenly Sword is one of the best looking games from this generation of gaming, which is almost impossible to believe considering it came out over 3 and a 1/2 years ago. The gameplay can get a little redundant but for a 6 hour game I feel that I got my moneys worth ($20) out of it. I’d love to see a sequel come out one day.

Now that I’ve notched off 2 quick games I think I’m going to check out something a little more robust – Yakuza 3, I choose you!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad2b9eed0cdd
    deactivated-5ad2b9eed0cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided

With inFAMOUS and Heavenly Sword falling I think it’s safe to say that it’s been a pretty decent week in the world of backlogging. Neither game took a ton of time but both have been staring at me for a couple of years, begging to be conquered.

inFAMOUS: When inFAMOUS came out I never actually had a PS3. I remember it came out right around Prototype and I was in the camp that thought both were pretty much the same game. They were both 3rd-person action games that had you running around a city doing missions and wearing a hoodie. What I didn’t realize at the time was that inFAMOUS, while similar looking, plays about a hundred times better than Prototype. I had no clue this game was so great but finishing it and knocking it off my backlog has me wanting to pick up the sequel when it drops a little in price. Very impressed and very happy that I decided to give it another shot.

Heavenly Sword: All I can really say about Heavenly Sword is “WOW!” I remember seeing the commercials for HS when it came out in 2007 and thinking that it looked pretty awesome but since I didn’t own a PS3 I kind of forgot about it. About a year ago it dropped in price and I decided to add it to my collection for when I had nothing else to play, forgetting just how amazing this looked when it was released. This weekend I was reminded. In my opinion Heavenly Sword is one of the best looking games from this generation of gaming, which is almost impossible to believe considering it came out over 3 and a 1/2 years ago. The gameplay can get a little redundant but for a 6 hour game I feel that I got my moneys worth ($20) out of it. I’d love to see a sequel come out one day.

Now that I’ve notched off 2 quick games I think I’m going to check out something a little more robust – Yakuza 3, I choose you!

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By GoofyGoober

You don't wear a hoodie in InFamous and to be honest, what started out as a addicting open world action game quickly became a stale boring repetitive open world action game. Glad you enjoyed it tho. As for Heavenly sword, that game is one of my all time favs. I love that game.

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By IceColdGamer

Maybe I'll pick up Heavenly Sword. I've never really played it but I remember the commercials like you said. Next time I'm in EBGames I'll have a peek and see if it's less than 20 bucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.