Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

Seriously Sony?

Rovium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seriously Sony are you making new games that are certainly beautiful but how much would a remastered/remake of the first inFamous be?

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I would really like a new entry into the inFamous series, actually. They were always really solid and I really even liked Second Son despite its brevity.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Yea, Ghost of Tsushima is cool and all and I'd gladly play another game like it (though honestly I don't see a reason to return to Tsushima itself or any of those characters) but Second Son was overlooked and the original inFamous is still one of the more immediately playable games of the third person action boom despite coming out near the very beginning. It's story and voice acting is charmingly insipid, too!

I was never the biggest fan of inFamous 2 which I know makes me a bit of a weirdo, there were just way too many water hazards and having The Beast so present in the narrative was lame to me. Again, though, big fan of 1 and Second Son, clever powers and simple but endlessly fun gameplay loop.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

The only Infamous games I played was the third one and its spinoff. I never played the first or second game. I was more of a Prototype 1 and 2 person back then. But, I too would love a new game in the series and think its well over due. Until then, the closes we're going to get is Forspoken, which is coming out in a few days. Hopefully, they cleaned some of the issues up with that game before it drops.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nodima: my thoughts pretty much echo your own , i liked tsushima but didn't love it as much as other ppl seemed to , and i don't exactly need a sequel for that in my life. also similarly i wasn't as high on infamous 2 as i was the first , sure it was still a good game but part of me always felt weird about the cole redesign i think , that n the secondary element stuff in that game didn't do much more me at all i guess. that said the 'clean slate' of a character we get from second son i was find with all that in so idk. still some of the best early fun i had when i for my ps3 ( used Just before slim released) was monkeyman-ing around that world n grinding on train tracks . along with that it was interesting seeing the ex-husband play the flipside of things at the same time when he was home for a week during his year of deployment (army). i don't think i've seen another game since those really do what i loved about those games, i tried prototype (1) n that just never hit for me either.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vastly prefer Ghost of Tsushima over inFamous I felt the latter was grey and unfun, Spider-Man & Wolverine fill that superhero void and are much better games.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possible remaster aside, I doubt we’re seeing a new one in a long time, since just last year Suckerpunch said that they (or any external studios) are not working on Infamous or Sly Cooper.

I did enjoy Tsushima and will likely play a sequel too, but I wouldn’t mind seeing a new Infamous either. They could probably pull off some really neat powers with PS5.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tsushima was a huge hit both commercially and critically, especially in Japan (which Japanese companies like Sony overweigh compared to the raw numbers done worldwide) so it is getting a sequel. I liked that game enough to platinum it, very rare for me, but I haven't even bothered with the DLC yet. That was because of price upon release but now it's on PS Plus, which I have, so I have no specific reason for it. I just, like a lot of other people, got my fill with the first game. But that won't matter.

However Sony should just give inFamous to another studio to make a game. They did it with Sackboy and that worked fine. Maybe Sony thinks that Spider-Man fills a similar niche of open world super hero games, but Spider-Man is about melee combat, not shooting, and Spider-Man will always have a limited power set because the character is so established. It also does a lot of stuff inFamous didn't, like the stealth sequences. They're different games.

I think they should just hand inFamous to another developer and either go forward with Fetch from First Light (She is by FAR the best inFamous protagonist) or just come up with someone new (there have been three inFamous protagonists so far so it's not like adding a 4th would change much.) Cole is yesterday's news and the character wouldn't work great in 2023 and Delsin was a dud. Move forward with Fetch or try to build a whole new character.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was always more of a Prototype guy :P

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You must hate computers.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Infamous 1 and 2 were excellent. Open worlds that weren't too big, really fun traversal, solid story and characters, and some of the best combat of the era. I heard someone compare Forspoken to Infamous and my eyes lit up, but it just made me realize how much I want to play those games again.

They're hard to go back to because of the PS3 frame rates, unfortunately. I'd love seeing some of those gigantic battles at 60fps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.