Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infinity Blade

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 09, 2010

Infinity Blade is the first iOS game to use the Unreal Engine. The game pits players against a variety of massive foes on a quest to slay the God King.

is it too early to think about this for the kinect or the move?

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By suikoden352

i was watching video for this earlier and it got me thinking about back at E3. sony's move demo showed a knight with a shield and sword fighting a computer enemy. same as you are doing in this game. kinect showed you fighting with your sensei in a attacking and swiping/cutting manner and dodging like in this game. do you think this game would do alright as atleast a downloadable motion control title for the ps3 or 360 or does it need to be expanded more to be worth the time and money for being on a console? i do think it would need some expanding but chair does good work and i would trust them to do it right on any platform they choose and clearly they have on the iphone/itouch/ipad so far.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DriveupLife

I think it's pretty adaptable to kinect. You've only got a few ways to respond to an enemy: dodging, blocking or parrying, then attacking. Could be done pretty easily

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By suikoden352

the more i think about it, the more i would like to see it come to kinect and or the move. even if they choose to keep this one on the iphone then maybe the sequel? idk but seems nifty though.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jayross

Move: yes 

Kinect: eh....

DeadDorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeadDorf

Perfect for Kinect.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

Mmmm, I think with the Kinect there would be too much input lag which would make it incredibly hard to parry/dodge properly.  It would make much more sense on the Move because of the incredibly high level of fidelity there.  Of course if you're putting it on a console, you might as well go whole hog and make it into a real game.

FokisMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By FokisMoney

funny you should ask that, it was originally a kinect title and if kinect sells well (it has been) they said they would release it on kinect (me thinks they will)

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/114/1140285p1.html

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Royale

if they do release it with the Move or Kinect... will it be a $10-$15 XBLA/PSN release?

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Jayross

Haha, it's funny that this was supposed to be a Kinect title... that would have been the one hardcore game for Kinect.. but it's on iPhone now. 

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ch3burashka

Infinity Blade is good on the iPhone because it was made for the iPhone. A straight-up port wouldn't be as good as it is now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.