Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 16, 2017

When a new league of supervillains threatens alternate-universe Earth, it's up to Batman's crew of superheroes (and their shaky alliance with Superman's ruthless Regime) to stop them.

Anyone Getting This That is Somewhat New To Fighters?

CoffinVarnishh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CoffinVarnishh

I have always dabbled with MK and SF games but I am going all in on I2 with purchasing the ultimate edition and plan on playing for a long period of time. Anyone else doing the same or at the very least looking forward to next Tuesday?

Acornactivist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Ive always liked fighting games, but at a very casual level. Really enjoyed the first game, so much so that I'm probably going to get the ultimate edition. The fact that I'm not that into DC says even more. The system felt fub to get into and enjoy, but still has a high skill ceiling I can work towards.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ripelivejam

i keep trying fighting games lately and keep falling off. even got a damn hori rap 4 (wise purchase i know). i feel im probably too dam old to juggle (heh) all the movesets and metagame shit. my memorys too shitty or something and i just cant internalize any of it, at all, everytime i load sfv or something i feel like i should just be spending hours in the training mode trying to get even partially decent. but they feel so cool and fun.

i should not get this. maybe im just not a fighting game guy.

ps. karin is pretty damn cool, all things said.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Injustice 2, by all accounts, is going to be a great place for inexperienced fighting game players to jump into the genre. Netherrealm has always maintained a commitment to creating great singleplayer content, but it really sounds like they're going above and beyond for this game. The Multiverse features are like the Mortal Kombat towers on steroids (or Venom, if you will), and look to offer basically unlimited opportunities for new players to hone their skills.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Netherrealm's latest fighting games are very newcomer friendly. Good choice

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Fredchuckdave

No but I was when I bought Injustice 1, having only had previous experience with KoF XIII. Peaked at like 40th on the ranked leaderboard for Injustice 1, but win rates were normal-ish for that game so that was like 85%; which is good for almost any fighting game but for MKX it became 95% instead (on average amongst top 200-300 players) ; which is quite a leap; over 1000 games the guy with the 95% win rate only loses 50 times compared to 150 times for the guy with 85%, 3 times as many. Hopefully its more in line with the 85 figure, but we'll see. 95% is such a comically high number as to trivialize the experience; though it does make playing online less stressful I suppose.

Singleplayer content will be awesome just like always; though I like both MK9 and MKX's singleplayer better than Injustice except for just the story. Also the MKX Very Hard comp only cheats a little bit as far as input reading and so on, Injustice's was just straight up bullshit most of the time.

I'm excited but will probably split a bit of time with Nioh Way of the Demon while working; once I'm done working I'll put more time into Injustice.

Oh right the cast is kind of terrible, DC does have some cool characters to use but they picked a whole bunch of lame ones.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum kind of. I wouldn't say I am a fighting game expert by any means, but do consider myself fairly experienced with them and interested in them. While I am planning to grab Injustice 2 at launch I don't plan on going too deep into it. Both Injustice 1 and MKX I enjoyed but never to much of a competitive degree, the general play style for them also tends to really go against what I enjoy and am good at in a fighting game. With that said NRS games let you do dope combos and look great so yeah I still find them fun. Only planning to do the single player stuff and the occasional lobby with duders.

I will also be the one to plug the official unofficial Giantbomb Fighting Games Community/Thread: Fighting Games General EX Plus α

You can find links to the different PSN/Steam/etc. groups and a link to our discord server there. We are pretty active, with game lobbies running every night or two. Pretty varied interests in games too, lots of Guilty Gear players, SF players, NRS players, etc.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Me exactly. My friends and I got really into Injustice GAU on a casual level and we're hyped for this release. I've only ever dabbled in fighting games but I'm building my own fight stick for this one. It's part of a separate project too, but still. I'm going to be playing this a lot and trying to actually get good.

Also, the gear concept is amazing for the longevity of the game. It's crazy to think how changing some gear pieces may open up possibilities for new combos. The progression is a nice welcome, I think too.

I'm intrigued by this whole AI spectate mode deal they got going on. I'm not too privy on it but if it means a buddy and I can set up two teams of three, then adjust sliders for play style and watch the teams duke it out, there's going to be a lot of fun to be had.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9  Edited By spiceninja

If it's anything like the previous MK games or Injustice (and I think it is) then it'll be a great place to start. Pulling off special moves are super easy in these games but the overall gameplay is very difficult to master. They're a great starting point.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like Injustice 1 and MKX, I'll wait a year and get the complete edition with all characters and skins for like 30 bucks. I couldn't imagine buying these games day one only to be nickle and dimed for the games life span.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played fighting games my entire life but I never once got into all that hit box/frame counting type stuff(I was an adult before i even knew those were things lol), so i guess technically i am a novice. I want to get injustice 2 but since there is no pc version i may skip it, don't feel like paying for online again.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@ripelivejam: Don't feel bad for buying 1 fightstick. I'm a scrub at all fighting games (except maybe Divekick for a bit there) yet keep buying them. I also own 3 fightsticks, 1 of which I modded heavily and one of them being a PS3/Xbox360 version of this https://www.hitboxarcade.com/ which is my go to controller when I'm scrubbing it up.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean i'm getting it next Tuesday, but I'm not new to fighters or Netherrealm games. And yes I'm stoked

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not new to fighters but I do suck at them, so I guess that counts. :P

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oh right the cast is kind of terrible, DC does have some cool characters to use but they picked a whole bunch of lame ones.

Yup.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not new to fighters but I'm horrible at them. I only get the Netherrealm games because they have decent campaigns. I'm terrified of playing online though so I never do.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By SSully

@theht said:
    @fredchuckdave said:

Yup.

They have Swamp Thing, so you both are blowing smoke.

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nefarious_Al

Not new to fighters but I bought the 100 dollar edition to kill some time until Guilty Gear and Tekken 7 come out. I have a problem I know, hope I like Supergirl or Scarecrow.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The GB FGC is growing by the day! Other than the thread @zella mentioned, there is also a GB FGC Discord which you are more than welcome to join! Relevant links are in the thread.

As for Injustice 2 I'm kind of boned since it's not on PC (yet). Interested in playing Black Adam though.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Honestly the NetherRealm fighting games are still some of the best fighting games for new and veteran players, they have a lot of depth but are super approachable mechanic wise. Plus they usually do some kickass story modes which is a big deal for me. The Injustice games aren't my favourite (MK will forever be my personal choice) but I probably will pick up a copy.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I am a casual. I play singleplayer or some local if I'm around someone who wants to. I'm an MK guy so I'm interested but the last Injustice was just okay I thought. I thought the story was dumb and the gameplay and stuff didn't grab me. I do think the loot part of this game looks awesome and I'm very interested in that because it will just add more choice and progression to the game. If I'm playing singleplayer balance is not some big worry.

Netherrealm kills every other fighting game developer when it comes to singleplayer and an overall package I think so this should be another fighter a casual player can really enjoy.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ssully: A lot of em are like, D-tier characters, but it is kinda cool for there to be Brainiac, Grodd, Scarecrow, and Doctor Fate in this thing.

I'm slowly warming up to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.