Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 16, 2017

When a new league of supervillains threatens alternate-universe Earth, it's up to Batman's crew of superheroes (and their shaky alliance with Superman's ruthless Regime) to stop them.

Injustice 2 Combo Lab - Firestorm Day 1

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

Edited By StarvingGamer

Alright had a night to sleep on it, remembered b3 was a thing, remembered overheads.

Firestorm seems like an interesting character? Needs to burn meter to get any real damage but has decently safe offense and solid footsie tools. His zoning is fairly lackluster unless her burns meter for that too, and his mobility isn't so hot. Lack of a crossup is a real fucking bummer. The strategy for him seems to be maybe use his corner carry to pin the opponent down where he can finally take advantage of restands and his 112 string which is +3ob.

Overall he seems middling at best but also I don't know shit about Injustice so maybe he's the bomb diggity. I'll let other people figure that out though, for now I think I'm going to some other characters a spin. Maybe I'll just play Deadshot and be a jerk online since I do like zoning and now's the time to abuse that shit.

Woo another NRS game time to dust off the old capture card.

I kinda skipped the original Injustice so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect coming into Injustice 2. The combo system seems more... restrained? There are generally fewer ways to get popups (and I somehow forgot to do any combos off of raw overhead? great), and a lot more reasons to spend meter mid-combo. Honestly, this makes it feel like there's less to explore in the game from a combosmith standpoint, but I'll keep poking away at it and see if any character strikes my fancy.

Firestorm seems very basic. His zoning is meh and his mobility is not great but he was a good jumping-off point. His main combo extender seems to be his meter-burn ground laser which, sadly, has to be targeted as well. It puts the opponent into a capture state for free shenanigans. Of course everyone has the universal wall-bounce for 2 bars but outside of that, there doesn't seem to be much juice for him mid-screen. It's all very basic, but maybe there's something about the combo system that I'm just not seeing yet. Tomorrow I'll try to resist the siren song of Persona 5 and dig into another character.

Punching Joker feels nice tho.

Also the netcode seems like butt which is shocking given how good I hear latter-day MKXL netkode is.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@starvinggamer: Help me pick a new character, Wonder Woman too different; triggers me too hard to play her as mid tier when she was top 10 before. Also zoning probably mandatory. Netcode seems good to me.

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Well, who even needs humans right:

Loading Video...

I can't even tell if the AI cheats, it's just so ridiculously good that the input reads aren't as obvious or something. Best player in the world would drop some of these half the time at present, shit is ridiculous. Much as I'm not really enjoying playing the game that much (I'll find someone fun eventually); I am incredibly impressed by the AI systems/saltybet mode and the intricacies therein. The normal AI is much more difficult than any previous NRS game and it makes sense since that's the best way to get loot but the Very Hard AI is just fucking insane; at least for some characters. There's some theoretically possible Poison Ivy combos in the game that I feel like only exist just so the AI could possibly do them; since probably no one else will for quite a while at least.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Give me the cheap stuff!

Also IJ2 looks real good in motion.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: I'm not sure why Robin has a sword, but he seems pretty dope with it, and he has tools to get in on zoners. Also, please, netkode.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Zirilius

@hippie_genocide said:

@fredchuckdave: I'm not sure why Robin has a sword, but he seems pretty dope with it, and he has tools to get in on zoners. Also, please, netkode.

Damien has a sword in the comics since he was mostly raised by Taliah Al Ghul and the League of Assassins. He's also the worst Robin but then again I'm partial to Dick and Tim.

Edit: @fredchuckdave It's pretty cliche but I'm loving Supergirl right now. I'm still working on learning the combo strings but I have a decent W/L ratio and have even made a couple people Rage quit with her. Plus that laser eye march is quite possibly the best thing in the game to me. Just note you it can be Clashed so using it against someone in their 2nd bar isn't as advisable.

I also like Black Canary a lot and she seems to have a high skill cap. Her combo strings just look so damn cool too.

I've yet to play around with too many of the new characters but Robin messes me up all day every day. He has some combo strings that can take 60% of your bar away if they have 3 bars of super.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Hurray for vital anti-zoning abilities (note: not actually that great but better than nothing) being locked behind 15 hours of progression:

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uppercut, the combo starter dejour:

Loading Video...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Didn't even realize f3 overheads are like +6 OB jesus

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@starvinggamer: Pfft only scrubs block, learn to mash at every available opportunity for no reason.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AI Doing more work:

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Hood:

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.