Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 16, 2017

When a new league of supervillains threatens alternate-universe Earth, it's up to Batman's crew of superheroes (and their shaky alliance with Superman's ruthless Regime) to stop them.

Wonder Woman Film Event

Avatar image for deactivated-6082f30752bdc
    deactivated-6082f30752bdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Currently in Injustice 2 there is a Multiverse event where players can unlock gear from Wonder Woman based off of the upcoming film. Highly recommend doing this event because its really easy, and if you are a Wonder Woman player this gear is really great for her.

No Caption Provided

dasakamov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the reminder; totally forgot that this was happening. The costume parts look neat - just wish NetherRealm wasn't so hell-bent on committing to their gear-stats system. Having a guaranteed Complete Epic Set of gear for ONE character only, simply to promote a movie, seems like an poorly-thought-out system when said Epic Set gives you a significant advantage against everyone else in online versis battles.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a flood of WonderWoman versus WonderWoman lobbies as a direct result of this. :b

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ATastySlurpee

@dasakamov said:

Thanks for the reminder; totally forgot that this was happening. The costume parts look neat - just wish NetherRealm wasn't so hell-bent on committing to their gear-stats system. Having a guaranteed Complete Epic Set of gear for ONE character only, simply to promote a movie, seems like an poorly-thought-out system when said Epic Set gives you a significant advantage against everyone else in online versis battles.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a flood of WonderWoman versus WonderWoman lobbies as a direct result of this. :b

I mean they are owned by Warner Bros....

blackmagicwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is brilliant. It hypes the game, it hypes the movie, it hypes up Wonder Woman, win-win all around!...now if only I had a Xbox One or PS4 so I could play it!!!! *sobs*

dasakamov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dasakamov

@atastyslurpee: Not sure where you're going with that statement; like I said in my previous post, my issue is not that WB is promoting its movie, it's that NRS is making one single character definitively better than all other comperable characters by giving away a complete Epic Gear Set (and therefore significantly boosting WW's power level) for no reason other than "MOVIE!"

A unique cosmetic skin or Rare/Epic gear which did NOT give a set bonus would have been a FAR better decision, in my view.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dasakamov: No one cares about gear competitively (aside from cosmetics) and random blues at 20 will be better with the right stats. Wonder Woman is easily bottom five in the game, this does nothing to that (though it's a nice free skin).

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dasakamov: I'm sure WW wont be the only character to receive this treatment though. I love Injustice 2, but I wish all the gear was just cosmetic. I barely pay attention to the stats anyways ( I feel like it doesn't even make THAT much of a difference) I'm applying gear more for the look rather than stats. I know I can use Regen tokens and whatnot to apply a preferred look to a certain piece, but Regen tokens don't just flow like gold does

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dasakamov: I'm sure WW wont be the only character to receive this treatment though. I love Injustice 2, but I wish all the gear was just cosmetic. I barely pay attention to the stats anyways ( I feel like it doesn't even make THAT much of a difference) I'm applying gear more for the look rather than stats. I know I can use Regen tokens and whatnot to apply a preferred look to a certain piece, but Regen tokens don't just flow like gold does

It makes a huge difference! Fight a level 15 with level 20 gear and you'll have see a vast difference in how much damage you do versus how much damage you take. Same goes with a level 1 vs level 20. Stats matter.

Skill can make up for some of that but gear does matter. I'm glad both players have to opt out of stats as I find some of the ability slots almost vital to making some characters play better. I wish you could turn gear off but leave abilities on as an option. I'd be more apt for that but I know that makes variants of characters even larger.

In terms of the WW stuff it's cool they are doing the skin stuff. I've definitely dropped off quite a bit in terms of playing but that's mostly due to life than desire. I think the mobile is less fun than it's predecessor and a lot more buggy. Not as much carry over from console -> mobile or mobile -> as the previous game either.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ATastySlurpee

@zirilius: Maybe so and if that is the case isn't the whole thing broken then. I've played over 100 matches online but its normally always with friends in a room( and were all the same skill roughly) I've played 1 ranked match and got waxed. I've played maybe 10 matches against random ppl and lost to really low levels(5-10) with my level 20 Flash in all Epic gear, but also vice versa has happened as well. I'd assume a lot of variables go into the whole thing, but just seems like you could've had certain abilities unlock when a character hits a certain level and left all the 'stats' out. Its to the point now that I sell all 'Common' gear. I don't even look at it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco
    hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, promotional skins is on par with what was expected of a DC game released shortly before a mayor DC movie.

People complaining about the potential to break the balance of the game are kind of missing the point... The balance was on the brink of being broken the moment they announced stats tied to wearable items and levels, and those being obtainable through microtransactions.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@hermes: The microtransactions are all cosmetic aside from leveling characters which the game automatically levels you for matches and you have to get a character to level 20 first (a fairly significant time investment). There are zero balance impacts other than player matches where everything is comically broken no matter what (and again isn't taken seriously by competitive players). Abilities are fun to mess around with/mandatory to make some shitty characters viable but the gear aspect is an incredibly minor concern other than the cosmetic part.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/add-ons/injustice-2-currency-50000/148616

Credits can be bought with real money, and that credit can be used to buy mother boxes (for a chance to get epic gear) and level up characters up to level 20.

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is sorta exactly what i want, seasonal events that unlocks cool gear.. Sure it might be unbalanced but thats what ranked is for right?

dasakamov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes: Those of us talking about balce aren't missing the point at all. Yes, most gear give stat boosts. It is, however, practically impossible to get a guaranteed complete set of Epic Gear the first time you open a Mother Box (and chances are far more likely that you would need to open hundreds of boxes before you complete a single character's set.) In normal gameplay, you EARN a complete set through natural gameplay and more than a little luck.

Also, there have been several character-focused Multverse challenges before WW's, and not a single one has ever dropped a complete set for completetion (it's always been, "here's an random Epic drop which may not be part of a set for character X").

Again, it's not the movie promo that bugs me, it's the "Hey we're just giving this epic gear away to everyone, because movies".

If they happened to have future events with a guaranteed complete set for ALL characters on the roster, I would be somewhat less grumpy. ;)

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hermes

@dasakamov: I think they are riding the wave of the movie to promote their game, and glaring balance issues aside (which again, were expected once they tie item drops to random chances helped by micro transactions) I think Netherrealm is pretty smart about it. The moment they announced the wearable items, I was sure they and WB would use them as carrots in sticks to renew attention their game at regular intervals (similar to how Diablo 3 seasons work) and to promote their other properties. In this case it is a new Wonder Woman movie, but I doubt we won't see something similar when Justice League or Flash gets near (or even more obscure reasons, like the 25 years of Harley Quinn or the 70th anniversary of Black Canary).

In fact, if they see a spike in activity (which I have no doubt they will) I would expect this to be a more regular thing, like the faction wars mode in MK X... Group the roster in a set of factions, and make players choose one. You can only fight with that faction for one week, and at the end of it, if your faction wins, you get an epic set for a character of that faction.

In other words, I wouldn't worry about WB using the game and loot system to promote similar properties as a one-of thing, because I am fairly sure we will see more of this before Injustice 3 rolls out.

dasakamov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes: Hope your right, and other characters get a chance to win a complete gear set through the Multiverse. I'm just unsure of tying them to movie promos, because there are only a certain number of DC - WB movies coming out in the next couple of years, and the current video game cycle seems to suggest that a new iteration is due out every 1 1/2 to 2 years.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only looked at your avatar when I noticed this thread and thought you were Alex. Then I was wondering if he's arranging a film viewing event for Wonder Woman over at NY for whatever reason.

That's my contribution for this thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.