Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Apr 16, 2013

The DC Universe's most powerful heroes and villains collide in this fighting game from the creators of the Mortal Kombat series.

Injustice Is Now An Official EVO Game

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jewunit

The tournament organizer for EVO, the biggest fighting game event in North America, recently announced that Injustice: Gods Among Us will be the ninth game in the line-up.

Additionally, the EVO organizer noted that stage interactions and stage transitions will be allowed and testers on the game will be allowed to compete.

I think this news is quite exciting. Judging from the competition in previous tournaments, players like Tom Brady and REO will keep things interesting. Where is your hype level/Sinestro-style mustache at?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

Every registered Injustice player at EVO should get a shirt of Raven.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thephantomnaut: Sort of like KOF XIII players got that Mai shirt? I like it!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@jewunit said:

@thephantomnaut: Sort of like KOF XIII players got that Mai shirt? I like it!

I still haven't wore my shirt as protest to last year when some players registered for the shirt although the actual turnout was around 70%.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

looking forward to watching some crazy injustice play.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping high level play of this game is more fun to watch than MK. It can be cool to see the flashy combos but beyond that, not a fan of spectating. It's all about the Melee/UMC3 with a dose of TTT2/AE.

donfonzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stage interactions on? That will be pretty interesting, although in my opinion they should be turned off. Transitions are cool in my book.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@immortalsaiyan: KoF XIII is the best game to watch (and play of course, just no one does :( ). Testers don't have that much of an advantage (if any) anymore, that was mainly a first couple of weeks thing. Would be really neat if a non top tier character wins it though, but I doubt it.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortalsaiyan: KoF XIII is the best game to watch (and play of course, just no one does :( ). Testers don't have that much of an advantage (if any) anymore, that was mainly a first couple of weeks thing. Would be really neat if a non top tier character wins it though, but I doubt it.

I don't understand the game all that much, or follow the scene at all so that makes it less intresting to watch for me. I don't know much about AE either but follow the scene, somewhat, TTT2 is the opposite. I enjoy playiing KOF13 as the game is a fantastically designed fighting game, just not very hype for it at evo. I have been playing too much smash lately to pay much attention to FGC in general.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MikeFightNight

I was already surprised by the eight games at EVO already! The more the merrier! I'm just hoping they can run all nine games well and give each their time in the limelight. I heard SG fans moaning about this but while Skullgirls is not an official EVO game they will still have the final 8 of their side tournament streamed on the big screen. So that's awesome. I've seen some high level Injustice play from testers of it at the last major, it was fun to watch. I'm more interested in seeing which of these games will survive till next EVO. No way 2014 will have nine games again with an unofficial side game.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Awesome. Can't wait to see it. This is the most fun I've had with a fighting game since MvC3, which I still play quite a bit. That and Persona 4.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thats pretty awesome. This is the first fighting game i've had in years so it's cool to see it being successful since i really enjoy it.

Surprised they're allowing the interact-able backround stuff though. Hell when i play against my brother couch versus we've banned us playing the map "Watch Tower" because there's respawning flying robots you can throw at each other and it always turns into spam throwing those damn respawning robots.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By musubi

@clonedzero: You do know you can straight turn that stuff off at the stage select right? You can turn off stage transitions as well.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero: You do know you can straight turn that stuff off at the stage select right? You can turn off stage transitions as well.

Yeah but its just easier to pick a different level, and we like the throwable stuff and transitions, just not when they respawn like that in Watchtower.

Like Atlantis throneroom is a great map cus when you back your enemy into the corner they got a great high damage interaction they can do with the water tanks, so it's risky to push them to the edge. And most maps its pretty fair and limited what you can do, its just Watchtower has those damn respawning robots so someone can throw one every 3 seconds its nuts. Thats all.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Will Divekick make it to evo?

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have watched a few Level Up WNF tournaments and the game is a lot of fun to watch and seems very competitive.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I will watch the top 8 with interest.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I fought 30ish matches yesterday, 7 Green Lanterns, 5 Supermen, 5 Batmen, 5 Deathstrokes, 5 Aquamen, and one Grundy to go with one Lobo match and a few other matches; Frost is only good against Batman and Grundy out of the top group so was a lot of Lex. Top Tier needs to be nerfed badly if this is how it's going to pan out, the interesting variety of characters to fight is fading quickly and it's becoming like any other fighting game in the sense that it's the same thing over and over. Lobo is a solid character but has nothing to compete with the top guys, so already he's fading in popularity even though people paid money for him.

Deathstroke is not a top character he's just really easy to play badly. Both Grundy and Deathstroke are sort of broken beyond repair, either they get nerfed so badly they're unplayable or they just win every melee encounter or ranged encounter against most characters; would be better if they were removed from the game entirely, neither adds an interesting element to gameplay. I'm roughly 110-20 against both characters combined and it's boring fighting them almost every single time.

Batman still doesn't strike me as broken in any way, he just has really good and varied combos; ideally the game would be tuned so that most characters had that as well; so I don't think the solution is to nerf him specifically but to buff everyone else to that level; probably a pipe dream. Every other top tier character has busted abilities to one degree or another, GL's instant AA/ground grab into combo, Superman's Super/air laser, Aquaman's ground projectile, Raven's instant grab (not quite as good as GLs but relatively close), Lex's missiles, and Frost's slide.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Petiew

@fredchuckdave: Top 8 is referring to the final few matches that'll be played on the stream, the top 8 players left in the tournament, rather than the tier placings of the characters. Unless there was a deleted post or you're replying to a comment from a different thread.

From what I saw at Civil War the game looks fun enough to watch, unless it's on at a terible time I'll probably gve it a look.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@petiew: Ah, I misinterpreted the post but in a different fashion; has since been remedied; apologies to @starvinggamer

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@fredchuckdave: Gas baggery at it's finest. It's way too early in this game's life span to judge whats imba. You're throwing words around like ''broken beyond repair'' and ''busted abilities'' when you clearly don't know when these words actually applies. Playing 5 games with a character doesn't give you shit in terms of knowledge in a fighting game.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@troispoint: Yo dawg, I've played over 1000 matches and I'm a top 5 Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman, and Killer Frost; I've been top 40 in the world on the ranked leaderboards I know more about this game than you ever will. I've beaten 80 of the top 100 players and have a thorough knowledge of the distribution of characters and how they are utilized in addition to how to beat them or conversely why you can't beat them with certain characters. I've beaten the best Aquaman, the best Green Lantern, the best Sinestro (who's number 3 or 4 on the leaderboard at 1800-350ish), the best Green Arrow, the best Joker, the best Grundy, and at least a top 5 for essentially every other character. If you want to play some time I can absolutely annihilate you. I've gone 50-2 in Ranked matches in a day before, why don't you give that one a shot bud.

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@fredchuckdave: Justin Wong early in MvC3 said Sentinel was ridiculous and overpowered. Turns out he was completely wrong. Your skill level changes nothing to the fact that you're talking out of your ass.

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is EVO?

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: dude, i'm not questioning you but you probably ought to upload some match footage if you are gonna keep making statements about your prowess. maybe just so people know to take you seriously and to trust your opinions on the subject. you obviously don't speak softly but maybe its about time you show us how big your stick is. yeah, that was really bad i'm sorry.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medalofmode: Biggest fighting game tournament in the world.

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casper_ said:

@fredchuckdave: dude, i'm not questioning you but you probably ought to upload some match footage if you are gonna keep making statements about your prowess. maybe just so people know to take you seriously and to trust your opinions on the subject. you obviously don't speak softly but maybe its about time you show us how big your stick is. yeah, that was really bad i'm sorry.

Lol at this point, I wouldn't even use online match footage to judge skill. Online's really just a tool for research and some practice imo. Doesn't really mean too much to me what the ranking is. Clearly fredchuck's amassed quite a bit of knowledge of the game through that much grinding. The only way I can see fredchuck justifying his "confidence" is to see how well he does againt people with a similar knowledge of the game. In this case, the testers/pros themselves since they're probably the only ones that have played the game as much as fredchuck. TL:DR get some consistently fair competition and be successful against them, or get off that high horse!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@troispoint:

Accepting that I could be wrong, several of these characters are insanely popular relative to everyone else. In the tournament I would be surprised to see one of them not win; now due to skill a guy like the Sinestro I played could potentially win with just an above average character but if the field is already narrowing in a game with no objectively bad characters then we have an issue. The only top character who hasn't caught on is Lex. Lex doesn't really play for combos and most of the other characters can get you into 30-40%'s easily, Lex has to use meter to get above 25% most of the time but as specificied below there's really only one reason to use his meter at present. However Lex has very good map control so assuming you execute (not necessarily easy) you should be able to prevent most approaches and continually land decent chunks of damage with only a few hits; eventually landing a down back triangle and linking that into missile spam to basically win a round for you.

@casper_:

I would I just don't have a proper setup to do so, one of the 75 or so hate messages I've gotten (to go along with 10-15 positive ones, not everyone is a douche) was a guy saying "Caught your spam, say hello to youtube" so I was excited to see if he actually uploaded something but it was just a weird bluff; the match was essentially a perfect demonstration of how to beat Aquaman (250-50) with Lex and demonstrated why Aquaman's spike is overpowered (cut into Lex's charge mid motion, almost every other ground projectile doesn't track very well), why Lex's missiles are batshit insane (land it once and you can land it 3 more times while they're in recovery, 56% damage for 4 bars of super; can easily become 70% depending on what your next few moves are), and how a well played Watchtower match goes (acccepting that watch tower is by far the worst map for environmentals most of the time you can still control who gets to use them and how)

@churrific: I have o.O Again the problem is the overusage of those characters (which eventually happens in every fighting game, was surprised it took a full month in this case) and the game was starting to feel like a job so I stopped for now, might go back once I cease having an actual job but I really wanted to play some other games/watch baseball. I'm semi-tempted to buy Batgirl since she'll probably be a top tier character (Lobo definitely isn't, though he's good/playable like most characters, already kind of rare to see though).

Over my last 5 days or so I fought say 85% people with over 400 matches played and maintained the same 5-1 win loss ratio; it's just playing against say Green Lantern and Superman over and over, both of those characters played well are extremely difficult to beat with Frost and Wonder Woman so I have to play Lex to stand a realistic shot at victory and that's just kind of tedious. Wonder Woman is the most fun to play at this point since it's always a challenge no matter who you're fighting (even if you dominate a match you still constantly have to think about what you're doing to succeed); but it's so seldom that I get to use her since she only matches up well with 1-2 top tier characters and like 6 or 7 characters overall (Frost plays well against Batman, Raven, Grundy, Ares and almost everyone who's not top tier, Lex plays well against everyone except Raven and Ares, though the edge is still in Superman/GL's favor it's just like a 55/45 matchup which is perfectly acceptable)

Notes: Logged on for the first time since Monday, can still do Frost's meterless 42% with ease so not getting too rusty, Spectre is now number 2 at 2370-470ish, entirely possible he's the best overall player considering he's not playing a top tier character; Kesunne and Kenpachi are the other particularly good players in the top 10 and Kenpachi at least plays Green Lantern/was a tester; everyone else is at or below my skill level which is solid but not extremely so; only thing that makes me particularly unique is proficiency with 3 very different characters.

I'm still 80th at 680-190 (60 of those losses are "quits," if someone quits on you manually without DCing it counts as a loss and a streak break for you so despite having 5 or 6 25+ ranked streaks mine is still only listed at 15; this is also why everyone's rating sucks and there's no trend in rating in the top 100; wouldn't be surprised if Kenpachi/Spectre/Kesunne have over 300 quit-losses a piece, patch didn't fix this...). Might play some player matches to knock off some of the rust/ see how bad KotH rooms are (Player matches are god awful for the most part unless its between friends or mutually respecting people). If I was worse or a spammer or something my record would probably be like 600-400, you can verify this if you want; PS3 leaderboards, Valgresas. If I just used Lex I might be like 750-120ish but again I find that to be dull and tedious; not to mention somewhat unfair to newer players to always be tossing out your best guy.

Played a few matches, in KotH there was a guy who played several different characters, only problem: his top 5 played characters were Grundy, Superman, Batman, Aquaman, and Green Lantern... I played a grand total of 3 ranked matches, one against a 500 win Joker that I won from 65%-1% (30% combo + super) down; too satisfying of a match to not end the day with; I've had several 1% losses including one against Spectre but it's typically around 15-25% left on their side.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.