Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Apr 16, 2013

The DC Universe's most powerful heroes and villains collide in this fighting game from the creators of the Mortal Kombat series.

Question from a Noob

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I downloaded this for PS4 cause it was on sale with PS Plus and i have a question about combo attacks. I was going through the tutorial and i'm having trouble nailing the 3 button combo attacks. I don't play a lot of fighting games so am i not pressing the buttons fast enough or is there a pause between each press that i'm missing?

Warren2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Warren2007

@jedted: it can vary depending on game/character, try hitting the buttons a bit faster than you are now, if that doesn't work try pressing the next button just as the previous hit lands.

for Injustice specifically, it might be easier to use the d-pad rather than stick for the directional combos, just because it's easier to time your own presses that way.

Don't get frustrated, fighting games are really annoying to learn but once you have the timing down, you won't even remember having this problem

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

With Injustice, you're probably not entering your inputs fast enough, I don't remember strict links in Injustice. Keep practicing!

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having the same problem! With all the Injustice 2 talk after its launch, I decided to play the first game on PS4. I can't seem to execute any of the combos that require more than two button presses. There's a combo for Batman that's square, square, forward, back + a button and the game doesn't seem to register any of the button presses after square, square as part of the combo. It's so frustrating because I try different tempos of button presses without any results. I had to skip so much of that part of the tutorial. :(

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah in this game you don't time your button presses with the animation but just hit them in sequence relatively fast. You can also check your options menu and toggle the "release check" type options which affect how your inputs are received (may help or not but worth a try).

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360 said:

Yeah in this game you don't time your button presses with the animation but just hit them in sequence relatively fast. You can also check your options menu and toggle the "release check" type options which affect how your inputs are received (may help or not but worth a try).

Thanks for the tips! I'll give them a shot. I have been ignoring the animations as I tried different input speeds, but with no success. Maybe the option tweak you suggested might help, so I'll look into that and keep trying.

scrappypixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By scrappypixels

I actually found that the tutorials are quite helpful for understanding the timing and then going into single fights against the cpu can help.

Like a lot of people have said a lot of it is getting it done quickly

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrappypixels said:

I actually found that the tutorials are quite helpful for understanding the timing and then going into single fights against the cpu can help.

Like a lot of people have said a lot of it is getting it done quickly

I had to skip a few of the combo tutorials because it wasn't helping me in understanding the timing. It just showed the combo, explained a little about it, but didn't give any information on the timing. Actually, I didn't see anything in the tutorials that covered button timing. Did I miss something?

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DarkeyeHails

I constantly struggle with this problem in fighting games. My instinct is to go faster but I would swear that leads to button presses not being recognised.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@darkeyehails: There are some things that have specific timing windows, like meter burning specific specials. Some require a press of the MB in step with the special input, some require it during (in a window of time). Strings, for the most part, are all about quick inputs.

This is why they call NRS games' fighting system dial-a-combo. You put it in quickly and see it play out. As you get better, you learn how slow it will allow you to input it so you have more control instead of frantically pressing the buttons ahead of time. This also allows you to react to situations while you're attacking.

Hit confirming is a technique that involves this, where you input part of a combo to see if it lands, and only continue it if it connects, so you don't get punished in the long recovery frames of a blocked long combo.

For beginners though, start fast and learn to slow down, rather than the opposite. As you play, messing with your timings will naturally help you understand your boundaries, and thus allow you to read the situation better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.