Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Apr 16, 2013

The DC Universe's most powerful heroes and villains collide in this fighting game from the creators of the Mortal Kombat series.

The Mortal Kombat Team Has A New Fighting Game

Roldan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Roldan

Please let there be some Black Adam action!

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I'm down with this. I rather have NetherRealm take a break from Mortal Kombat. Don't get me wrong, Mortal Kombat was one of my favorite games last year but I don't want to see them ruin all that goodwill by pumping games out too quickly.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Ravelle

This looks epic but have to see some actual footage for a final opinion, I don't care much about DC characters besides Batman really. Would've been cool if we had an Marvel vs DC game like this.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Not feeling this. I've got practically no interest in DC characters and the trailer didn't make the fighting look all that interesting. Hopefully it turns out to be a good game.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mrfluke

ed boon is a genius

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By MEATBALL

Really want some Swamp Thing.

saddlebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By saddlebrown

@Brodehouse said:

@crusader8463 said:

STOP ANNOUNCING EVERYTHING! What's the point of E3 if they announce all this stuff before?

To give retailers and journalists a bit of time to spend with the games, not just to say "WE'RE MAKING THIS" and then driving away. The majority of the stuff shown at E3 were announced the year before anyway. The only people getting mad about 'E3 not having enough new announcements' are crazy people.

Yeah, but that's what the pre-E3 embargos are supposed to be for. Show off the game to journalists and retailers, let them figure out what they want to cover and be informed, but leave surprises for the public. A new game announcement should be a big deal. E3 used to be full of surprises. Now everything gets leaked, revealed, or announced days (or weeks) in advance, and E3 has lost a lot of the magic and excitement that comes with the not knowing. A lot of people miss it. I don't get how that makes them crazy. What's the point of E3 if you already know everything going in?

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By cmblasko

Unless it is referencing something I am unfamiliar with, it seems like a strange name for a game involving DC Comic book heroes.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#59  Edited By MeatSim

I think it's a good thing they take a break from Mortal Kombat even if is the same style of fighting game.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ravenlight

@Paindamnation said:

So will this be another Marvel Vs DC nerfed fatalities game?

This is what I wanna know. Can we finally decapitate that Superman prick?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By AngelN7

Call me crazy but I'm having a Deja-vu with this announcement I could have sworn that I heard about this game before... maybe from that time someone said to be working on the Marvel vs DC fighting game? I do like the look of the characters but I didn't get to see much of Harley Quinn : (

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By penguindust

I don't know. If the fatalities are things like punching someone into orbit, it could be cool. I don't necessarily want to see Wonder Woman rip some guy's head off with her lasso and spin it like a yo-yo...okay, maybe I would enjoy that.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By Pop

No PC with this one either? God damn it! Well it looks good, I don't know if the FGC will like it, maybe if you can turn off background stuff and transition between backgrounds.

barrbarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By barrbarr

I'm really excited for this. The only things that I don't like from this trailer is Batman's cowl, and the fighting stance that characters are in. It's the same issue I had with MKvsDC I feel that the superheroes's fighting stances look really awkward.

Seraphim84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65  Edited By Seraphim84

The New 52 look'll do well in this game. I'll have to see what kind of story they cook up for all this.

Also, I know it's just a growl, but that's totally a Kevin Conroy Batman growl.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66  Edited By kennybaese

Cue nerd rage at Wonder Woman's pants.

I'm not sure I'm thrilled with the Batman design, but the character design definitely seems like a cross between the new designs in the relaunch DC did in September and a more Mortal Kombat-y armored warrior design. I dig it.

If they have a story mode in this ala Mortal Kombat, I will be all over this game. I didn't play MK v. DC, but I loved the story stuff in Mortal Kombat. As someone who will never be good enough to hang online and things, the fact that a story mode in a game sold me on the game is something else.

mandrewgora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mandrewgora

well this looks great.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TooSweet

Looks cool too me. Need some of the Marvel Family in there with Black Adam. Deathstroke would also be good. Also some JSA would rock. Love DC! SHAZAM!!!

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#70  Edited By willin

Why isn't this MK vs DC 2?

trucksimulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By trucksimulator

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD EEEEEEEEEEEEE

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like it could be fun. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the game.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Holy shit. Feel free to take my money at any time.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By august

@AngelN7 said:

Call me crazy but I'm having a Deja-vu with this announcement I could have sworn that I heard about this game before... maybe from that time someone said to be working on the Marvel vs DC fighting game? I do like the look of the characters but I didn't get to see much of Harley Quinn : (

There will never be a Marvel vs. DC fighting game.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#75  Edited By biospank

But could not the throw up the air stuff be greifed to death? Either way it looks epic.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By zityz

That looks awesome. I will probably play that but my two WTF? moments is how can batman be kicking the shit out of the Flash when flash is waaaay faster than batman and HOW DID BATMAN JUST KICK A DUDE 200FT THROUGH A BUILDING?

Game looks badass though. Hopefully it plays well.

solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By solidlife

Making it a T rating just sends me down the what IF loop of if it was an M

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@rebgav said:

@august said:

@AngelN7 said:

Doesn't that depend very much on whether Disney and Warner Bros happen to love money?

I imagine licensing for all of that would be an absolute nightmare for literally every party invovled.

saddlebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80  Edited By saddlebrown

@rebgav said:

@august said:

@AngelN7 said:

Doesn't that depend very much on whether Disney and Warner Bros happen to love money?

Yeah, but they don't want those brands mixing because the perception is that if you see a DC character beating the shit out of a Marvel character, DC looks cooler and Marvel looks weaker. You'd have both sides striving to ensure that their brand is cooler than the other brand. It was hard enough to get DC to agree to let their heroes bleed a little and get a little vicious in MK vs. DC. That's why crossovers are so hard to arrange. Brand image protection.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AngelN7

@august said:

@AngelN7 said:

A game that can only benefit both companies and make fanboys go nuts? yeah why would they make that

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ShaggE

Sold. MK vs. DC was a lot of fun.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By august

@rebgav said:

@august said:

@AngelN7 said:

When Coke and Pepsi make a drink together then maybe Marvel and DC will make a high-profile big budget game or film together.

There's been some crossover comics but those are low risk and for the hardcore fanbase anyway.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jace

Any game with Flash as a fighter is kind of stupid to me. They have to nerf him into the ground to make him close to the same level as other super heroes. Oh well, the game looks neat.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By MrMazz

Im in

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By TyCobb

@zityz said:

That looks awesome. I will probably play that but my two WTF? moments is how can batman be kicking the shit out of the Flash when flash is waaaay faster than batman and HOW DID BATMAN JUST KICK A DUDE 200FT THROUGH A BUILDING?

Game looks badass though. Hopefully it plays well.

Because in all the comic books and cartoons, Batman has always been able to go toe to toe with Superman. Also, this is a fighting game and it needs to be balanced =P

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#88  Edited By bennym6

that's great! :D

primalmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By primalmaster

Not a big fighting game fan, but I'm actualy curious about this one.

shtinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By shtinky

Speaking of Ryan (Mac Donald), why hasn't he been in any GB videos yet? He was always my favourite member of the GameSpot staff.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#91  Edited By onan

So this is basically DC Universe Vs Mortal Kombat again, except they're stripping out the MK guys.

Main problem still remains, though: Power imbalance. It's worse in DC than in Marvel simply because their primary characters are so... well, they've got Superman, who can pretty much kill anyone with one arm tied behind his back, Batman, who's just a regular dude, and the Flash, who shouldn't ever even get hit.

Are they going to bring back that stupid "Rage" mechanic that leveled the playing field, allowing Batman to go toe to toe with Superman? I guess they're going to have to at least do something like that. I mean, Harley Quinn vs Wonder Woman? Wonder Woman is bulletproof, and bullets are all harley has. She definitely has no chance putting her in a full nelson or whatever it was she tried in the trailer. She's a pushover even for Batman, all she generally has is thugs and hyenas and I doubt she has that here. Harley vs Superman? That just gets ridiculous at a certain point.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#92  Edited By EnchantedEcho

Looks interesting, I really enjoyed playing Mortal Kombat and hopefully they have improved their online stuff over MK9. Excited to see what Jeff and Co. think of this at E3.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By freakin9

Seems fairly silly. definitely not what i want. I'm surprised they included stuff like background transitions, as you'd think they'd want to make people forget about MK vs DC. Whatever they hoped to convey by the name I don't think is working, would expect a name change before it's release.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#94  Edited By Zippedbinders

@august said:

@rebgav said:

@august said:

@AngelN7 said:

When Coke and Pepsi make a drink together then maybe Marvel and DC will make a high-profile big budget game or film together.

There's been some crossover comics but those are low risk and for the hardcore fanbase anyway.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit exists, so it proves that Disney and Warner are willing to compromise. I'm also pretty sure fighting games don't have the same budget as higher tier AAA games, its a completely different model and set of priorities.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I thought Mortal Kombat vs DC was a pretty weak idea, but having the Nethereal guys making a standalone DC fighter could be really cool. I'm also glad to see them taking a break from MK for a bit. As amazing as the last one was, it'll be nice to see them doing something a bit different for a change (even if it is another fighter).

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Meowshi

All these characters are armored up. No tights in sight except for Harley.

Looks alright, I guess.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#97  Edited By jkuc316

BATMAN + MORTAL KOMBAT?! HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!

Is what I think 90% of duders would say

VeRKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By VeRKK

Great.. Another T rated game with DC characters... No thank you.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By super2j

i like that they put a little dragon ball z in DC. Batman kicked a dude through a office building... my batman fanboy side is annoyed but my dragonball z side is loving it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.