Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Apr 16, 2013

The DC Universe's most powerful heroes and villains collide in this fighting game from the creators of the Mortal Kombat series.

What should this have been called?

• 78 results
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I like the name. The implication of Superheroes being modern Gods that are accessible to the modern person is a cool perspective.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@brendan said:

I like the name. The implication of Superheroes being modern Gods that are accessible to the modern person is a cool perspective.

And it's a pretty accurate description with DC. The only DC character more godly than the ones in the game is Dr. Manhattan.

They should put Dr. Manhattan in this game...

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The Crying Sugar Cube Leprechaun.

Or the one it has is fine.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I actually like the original name quite a lot. Though I have no idea how it translates to the overall game as I dont have it yet, but its a cool name.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just "Gods Among Us" would have been good.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrock said:

Batman Vs. Superman.

I was gonna say Batman vs Deathstroke. That was my guess as the most common two characters used online. Did it turn out to be true? haha

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman: Arkham Multiverse - Fighter Edition

pyrrhus19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke: Down, Forward, Y - The Video Game

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

DC HEROES UNLEASHED!

Or, DC STORM

because storm is the worst word to use.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God Damn Batman:The Game

Seriously, I love the name Injustice. This is obviously a bit of an Elseworlds kind of tale, as opposed to DC vs MK which could actually be considered canon if they wanted to. Gotham by Gaslight wouldn't have been better if it had been called Batman Vs Jack the Ripper. I like vague names. More to the point, I like evocative names. Injustice: Gods Among Us doesn't sound like a fighting game. It doesn't evoke any specific genre at all. When people that don't know what it is see the case, they'll likely be intrigued. It's a name that has a better chance of hooking in casual gaming fans, because they won't know right away that it's a fighting game. They might read the box and get hooked into the concept, even if they aren't fighter fans. Giving it a name like DC vs MK had would make it sound like it's a fighting game and nothing more, when it seems like they actually have a story to tell in this one, so I like the fact that they went with a title that makes you wonder what the game is about.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mpgeist

<p>I think the name is fine. The tone of the game as it is, I'm willing to bet DC didn't want something immediately recognizable anyway.</p>

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Injustice" is fine but the subtitle is not great.

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman vs Ares vs Bane vs Batman vs Black Adam vs Catwoman vs Cyborg vs Deathstroke vs Doomsday vs The Flash vs Green Arrow vs Green Lantern vs Harley Quinn vs Hawkgirl vs The Joker vs Killer Frost vs Lex Luthor vs Lobo vs Nightwing vs Raven vs Shazam vs Sinestro vs Solomon Grundy vs Superman vs Wonder Woman

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Aquaman Vs. The World: Redemption.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

DC Punch Time Explosion

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@brendan said:

And it's a pretty accurate description with DC. The only DC character more godly than the ones in the game is Dr. Manhattan.

They should put Dr. Manhattan in this game...

Just because Watchman was published by DC doesn't mean those characters are part of the DC Universe, which they are not.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@ll_exile_ll: I'm on mobile so I can't reply directly but I think you missed that that was a joke. And the Watchmen heroes were all originally going to be established DC heroes (for instance Dr. Manhattan was going to be Captain Atom who has the exact same origin) before DC got nervous it would ruin those heroes. I understand that they're not part of the DC Universe but they're still DC-published characters based almost entirely on actual DC Universe characters.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By Nictel

"Batman and Superman fight it out together with some other people you might have heard of or seen in a recent movie"

@pudge said:

Injustice League. I think someone already said it, but that is the perfect name for it. It's not hitting you over the head with the DC connection while still connecting the dots for slow people. I don't mind the title as it is, but I have to imagine that some people out there will have no idea that this is a DC Fighting Game.

How does that tell me its about superman vs batman? I'm not into DC but I like seeing batman and superman fight. So anything that is like something from the comics I wouldn't know.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLA: Justice Lords

Justice Lords was the name of the corrupt Justice League from the animated series A Better World that the plot of this game very closely mirrors.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@mariachimacabre:

My bad, sometimes it's hard to detect sarcasm with just text.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#71  Edited By Hailinel

@serhulse said:

Aquaman Vs. The World: Redemption.

Aquaman: Stop Judging Me By That Stupid Old Cartoon!

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@nictel said:

"Batman and Superman fight it out together with some other people you might have heard of or seen in a recent movie"

@pudge said:

Injustice League. I think someone already said it, but that is the perfect name for it. It's not hitting you over the head with the DC connection while still connecting the dots for slow people. I don't mind the title as it is, but I have to imagine that some people out there will have no idea that this is a DC Fighting Game.

How does that tell me its about superman vs batman? I'm not into DC but I like seeing batman and superman fight. So anything that is like something from the comics I wouldn't know.

Justice League was a cartoon for a decade, if you like Batman and Superman you should know what that is, and the name would make sense.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pudge said:

@nictel said:

@pudge said:

Justice League was a cartoon for a decade, if you like Batman and Superman you should know what that is, and the name would make sense.

Yeah, Justice League is a very well known group in the DC Universe. The only problem is the Injustice League is also a thing and could confuse DC fans into thinking it centers around that group.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

I think the "Gods Among Us" part is what really makes me scratch my head. Injustice is a great title. If it were called DC Heroes: Injustice, DC: Injustice, or DC comics: Injustice (or even fuckin' "DC fighting game") it would make more sense. Personally, I don't really care, but I hope sales aren't horrible due to a head-scratching title.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By toowalrus

Unpopular opinion thread:

Injustice is a fine name, and the box art is fine, too.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

BatmanBatmanBatman or B4tm4n.

Sword5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice: The Fall of Superman

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.