Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Apr 16, 2013

The DC Universe's most powerful heroes and villains collide in this fighting game from the creators of the Mortal Kombat series.

Who's your main / Discussion Thread

• 175 results
    Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

harle quinn for me. i love her fluidity with combo and special attack chains, i really connect with her. i usually go in for characters who have defensive counters, like smoke was my main in mk9, but with injustice more than any other fighting game i really feel the weight of the pros and cons for each character.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@liquidprince: The difference is you don't have to play whoever you're matched up with and can play them again, also I don't think player matches keep track of your disconnects; don't know why there's a rating associated with player matches though. There's also a noticeable difference in skill level between the two modes. What makes Quinn appealing? She has a below average Super, extremely weak projectiles, and awkward combos that don't really do that much damage relative to most other characters. The dive and shoot is nice but that doesn't redeem her flaws; but props to you for being able to play her well.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@LiquidPrince There isn't any difference really which is why W/L in this game to me means jack shit.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#154  Edited By Undeadpool

I was originally going with Nightwing (Regime skin) as my main, but I've found Sinestro to be more my speed/style, so I'm maining him with Nightwing as a secondary. Wonder Woman's creeping up too, though that could be on the strength of the Flashpoint costume. Since, as someone pointed out, people aren't playing very defensively, her sword/shield stance isn't really worth it.

Having a blast, in any event. The game is still at that stage where people are discovering the ins-and-outs, so it's fun to experiment and NOT just get trounced.

@demoskinos: In MK9, I fought a Rayden who did LITERALLY nothing but the "superman charge." I was Kenshi. I beat him STUPID and received an angry message as a result. Absolutely HILARIOUS. And yeah, might wanna just stick with Ranked matches. I've had no one quit so far, and I've absolutely dominated once or twice.

And even if they do quit, it at least counts against them.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#156  Edited By MrMazz

Starting off with Bane because of the Knightfall skin and I can dig the big brute types. Followed by Nightwing (need to get his regime skin) because he seems fairly straightforward offense heavy with lil def options when he is gotten in upon.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By jadegl

From what little I have played so far, I really enjoyed using Shazam and Raven. I think if I were to play more, I would lean towards Raven.

My husband really likes Nightwing and Green Arrow.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By musubi

@jadegl: Awesome. Another Raven player. =D She is great. One thing I didn't start utilizing until recently was her character power. If people don't know what to look for it can seriously throw people off that she can teleport and call up projectiles from the ground during her "Demon Stance"

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jadegl: Awesome. Another Raven player. =D She is great. One thing I didn't start utilizing until recently was her character power. If people don't know what to look for it can seriously throw people off that she can teleport and call up projectiles from the ground during her "Demon Stance"

I also main Raven but I am terrible at using her power. Any time I have an opening to use it I just try to throw my opponent instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jadegl: Shazam's a lot of fun. I've only given him a couple goes, once through the ladder, but I found success with him early on.

MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I still like Doomsday but I am really having fun playing as Catwoman too.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiimrocktimus: Only if you're playing against people who don't know what they're doing. If you're playing against someone with skill, that strategy will not work for long.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#163  Edited By Undeadpool

@mrmazz said:

Starting off with Bane because of the Knightfall skin and I can dig the big brute types. Followed by Nightwing (need to get his regime skin) because he seems fairly straightforward offense heavy with lil def options when he is gotten in upon.

Nightwing has a LOT of combo variety with his escrima sticks. Lots of great switch-ups from mid to low attacks. Plus his projectile hits low. I haven't really found a great use case for his staff yet besides MASSIVELY extending his range, but also his follow-through. I think the game says it's better for defense, but since everyone's still learning the ropes, the escrima sticks are hard to beat. And yeah, Regime skin is the way to go.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Killer Frost has a no meter 39% combo actually, jump in triangle, square square square, slide, up + x, up + x, square X; she's grown a bit in popularity and you see the slide > up + X etc portion somewhat frequently; still very difficult to win with her if your opponent consistently blocks low though as her overhead options aren't great. Had a nice KotH lobby earlier where I played my 3 different characters rotating and kept winning, I think the participants appreciated losing more since I wasn't just doing the same thing over and over.

Up to about 470 matches played now, Cyborg and Sinestro seem to be the rarest characters. Lex still relatively uncommon and I'm positive he's top 5 so no clue when people will figure that one out. His down + forward X R2 is just insane and completely negates the ranged gameplay of almost anyone; and of course he already wins in mid-close due to the reach on the axe and the charge.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like green lantern and sinestro oddly enough. Maybe its simply because i've always thought the "ring powers" were cool as fuck, so seeing green miniguns and yellow axes and shit is awesome. But they seem to have solid combos and really cool special moves that are useful in a wide range of ways.

Like sinestro i can ALWAYS land my super because i use that prison shackles attack to make them helpless for a second and pop my super then.

I'm by far best with green lantern though. Glad i managed to get the new 52 outfit for him though, since the glowy Tron lines on the rest of his outfits are offputting.

Other characters i enjoy playing as are Super Man and Green Arrow.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm finally getting reasonably competent at Frost, able to pull out the 30% off the slide somewhat consistently (lag dependent) and land double projectile hits (knives in midair, frost spike before they land, 20%); she actually matches up pretty well with Ares compared to Lex and Wonder Woman who are both pretty poor against him, controlling the distance he is away from you and being ready to counter projectiles/get away from the tport become relatively important. This isn't exactly a rock paper scissors setup I have going but it's fun and much more varied even if I lose a tad more as a result.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been having a lot of fun with Catwoman. It is hard to get in with her sometimes, but she has some fun combos if I can. I also like to use Hawkgirl, but her style seems to bring out the rage quitters more often. It's not my fault she can fly and throw her mace!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By musubi

Played about 40 matches with a guy on my friends list. won about just under half of them. Did pretty okay with Superman. His character ability can actually make his super attack hit harder as well as his regular attack which is nutso. Also, I like just having excuses to use that Red Son outfit I have for him. =p

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

"Arrow man yes hurt Grundy."

Green Arrow is my go to main, I've been successful with the Flash and Doomsday also. I suck as Hawk Girl and Green Lantern.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Played about 40 matches with a guy on my friends list. won about just under half of them. Did pretty okay with Superman. His character ability can actually make his super attack hit harder as well as his regular attack which is nutso. Also, I like just having excuses to use that Red Son outfit I have for him. =p

Demo are you playing on PS3?

Robopengy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

After getting a pretty good hang of Bane and Doomsday, I moved onto Black Adam. It's nice to finally have projectiles

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos said:

Yes sir. PSN ID is same as my GB Account. I'm always game to play matches with people.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'm still playin my Nightwing before I jump to other characters. I want him mastered and then I may play Superman or Sinestro. From what I've seen Ares is pretty kickass too so I may go with that.

Anyway, I have been having lots of success with nightwing, I hit a 21 win streak last night and have beat some formidable foes (on ranked matches)

Beat a Doomsday that was 91-9 and then beat him a second time, right in a row to bring him to 91-11

Beat the 11th man on the leader boards 3 times now, his psn name is rent2dam high or something? I know leader board rank doesn't mean much but c'mon, dude is like 750-140 so ill gladly boast I've beaten him 3 times!

Tonight I ran into a tough Harley also (450-114 i think?) beat me in the first match and then about 3 games later ran into him again and got a solid victory

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By LiquidPrince

@liquidprince said:

@demoskinos said:

Yes sir. PSN ID is same as my GB Account. I'm always game to play matches with people.

Cool. I'll add you later so you can kick my ass.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Getting to a high skill level with Frost now as well, first character I play semi-generically (since there isn't really another way to play her) and go after combos as much as possible etc. Frost is great against all non top tier characters but terrible against the top few and pretty much can't beat a good GL/Superman to save her life; Lex by comparison matches up well with GL, Superman, and most other characters if played correctly. It is difficult to beat a good GL with Lex but still plenty doable (15-10 or so) with liberal use of the R2 missiles and controlling his approaches; but with Frost you have to be able to land the slide or at least make them block your slide and GL will stop the slide every time with the low hit intro combo of doom.

Batman and Aquaman are both good characters but they're not obviously overpowered like Superman, GL, Grundy, and Raven are and thus aren't necessarily subject to nerfs in the future. Lex is overpowered in similar ways but very uncommon and rarely played correctly so he'll be safe for some time. In addition to just being good Superman and Lantern have easily the best mechanic in the game. Deathstroke is straight up OP against some characters and utterly terrible against others.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Foot- Foot- Footdive finally makes its way into Injustice.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I've come to the realization that Frost is an "easy mode" character; while she's not as good as the others it is still moderately shameful to use her. The execution level on the combos is so low and the intro into them is so easy to use and land that it's a fairly trifling experience. She's not generic yet but I'm sure she will be in a while; to give you a sense I can pick up Frost first match of the day and beat a good 300 win player of an above average character but with Lex the execution level and timing is much more challenging so it takes 3-4 matches for me to get up to speed and even then I'm rarely perfect (nigh unbeatable when perfect with Lex granted, 5-10% of the time), with Wonder Woman there's a ton of positioning that you have to do continuously and you have to pay attention to what your opponent is doing at all times. But with Frost it's just slide as much as possible, use projectiles a lot at range, maybe vary the distance you have from your opponent to lure them into the slide; every slide is 30-33% damage when it lands, if they block it you're safe from almost every combo, only thing they can do is avoid it or interrupt it; only 4 or 5 characters have a good move to interrupt it with.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Fought a few Lobos today, he doesn't appear to have any super broken abilities so that will likely limit him from being top tier (e.g. Aquaman's ground projectile, Superman's Super/air laser, Frost's slide, Green Lantern's anti air grab, Raven's ranged grabs, Lex's missiles, Grundy's grundiness); I almost feel inclined to just be a training dummy for a round to see if they pull out anything interesting.

Beat Spectre yesterday who's 1700 - 300 with Sinestro of all people (could well be the best player considering who he's using), pretty fun match. I don't really feel that I'm particularly competent but I'm likely a top 20 player nonetheless, 200-25ish over the past several days. Of course my Lex game is getting lax as I play Frost more frequently to be safe, Lex is just a counter to good characters at this point.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Catwoman atm. But I really like the batgirl dlc atm so who knows .

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@moody_yeti: Worth noting is that Catwoman is quite possibly the worst character in the game; but the remarkable thing is that she's still plenty playable and effective; she just doesn't have very strong anti ranged nor anti air gameplay and speed doesn't really make up for this. She's also destroyed by Wonder Woman and Grundy, though reasonably even with the other pure melee characters (haven't seen a good Lobo vs Catwoman, I suspect Lobo also beats her pretty handily). The game is very balanced except for the top 6 or 7 characters who need some tweaks; Batman is the only character that's hard to spot precisely why he's overpowered and might never get the nerfbat as a result (it's basically "his combos are too good relative to other characters," how do you nerf that?); and there's plenty of Catwomen out there with 3:1 win loss ratios.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.