Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Apr 16, 2013

The DC Universe's most powerful heroes and villains collide in this fighting game from the creators of the Mortal Kombat series.

worth it just for the single player content?

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think the game looks great but I'm really bad at fighting games so any sort of multiplayer doesn't interest me at all. I really enjoyed the story in mortal kombat and felt like the single playing content was worth it, do you guys think this will be the same?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It probably won't be as good as MK9 due solely to the number of characters but it could still easily be the second best single player fighter ever; they do seem to have 250+ challenges again and those are amazingly fun. Also I'm guessing they'll have adaptive difficulty so if you really suck at them the game eventually takes pity on you.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@pompouspizza: They do seem to have a ton of single player content. Assuming you're not worried about multiplayer I'd say wait until this drops down to $40 or something then unless you're just dying for something new to play.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Single player is comparable if not larger in scope than the MK9 equivalents. I certainly think it's fair. Plus now you can do a single fight against a bot if you like! That's something MK9 didn't have.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

For me Fighting Games are at their best when playing against other people. If you are going in for Single Player only, I think it would get boring kinda fast after you finish the Story Mode.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Heck no, Jeff mentioned it but the story mode cut scenes looked really bad. Went back and played Mortal Kombat which came back in 2011 and I think those cutscenes in the story mode looked better. Story is fair comic book story, it feels like it was ripped right from the "Crisis on Two Earths" storyline.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones

<p>Idk, those mk cutscenes are pretty low in quality too, these ones don't seem much better or worse. However, the absence of Mark Hamill doing the joker is a fucking bummer. The guy who is joker isn't bad though,he just has too much to live up too</p>

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

<p>Idk, those mk cutscenes are pretty low in quality too, these ones don't seem much better or worse. However, the absence of Mark Hamill doing the joker is a fucking bummer. The guy who is joker isn't bad though,he just has too much to live up too</p>

Yeah didn't Mark Hamill say something like Arkham City was his last rendition of the Joker. Also believe the original voice actress from the animated series for Harley Quinn is no longer doing voice over work for the character. Yet Kevin Conroy is still milking that sweet, sweet, sweet batman money.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@i_stay_puft: I do believe Harley has anew voice but hats off to the new actress because I cannot even tell the difference. Also I think I'm hearing Booker Dewitt coming from Nightwing....Could be wrong though.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: I do believe Harley has anew voice but hats off to the new actress because I cannot even tell the difference. Also I think I'm hearing Booker Dewitt coming from Nightwing....Could be wrong though.

Probably that Troy Baker guy I've heard in plenty of anime so he starts sounding like everyone else.

Jorrus_Mavok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Jorrus_Mavok

Harley Quinn was voiced by Tara Strong, who also did her voice in Batman: Arkham City. Arleen Sorkin is the name of the voice actor who did Harley Quinn in the Batman cartoons from the 90s. She also came back and did her voice in Batman: Arkham Asylum and the DC Universe Online game.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mrfluke

the credits list high voltage software as part of this game, methinks they did the cutscenes as they are low quality compared to MK's stuff.

but yea the story was rock solid, a fun ride, it was like one of those Animated DC Movies.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By jay_ray

The story is good, especially if you like the DC universe, but you can beat it in a day or two on medium. The other single player stuff is cool but really if you have no interest in multiplayer I would wait for a price drop.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@i_stay_puft said:

@sackmanjones said:

Yeah didn't Mark Hamill say something like Arkham City was his last rendition of the Joker. Also believe the original voice actress from the animated series for Harley Quinn is no longer doing voice over work for the character. Yet Kevin Conroy is still milking that sweet, sweet, sweet batman money.

He said that he'll return to the Joker if someone makes an adaptation of "The Killing Joke". He also did say last year that if they come up with something fun in the Arkham series, he may return. It's mostly about preserving the role's legacy and not overstaying his welcome - he didn't want to return for City until they paged him the script.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@ghostiet said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@sackmanjones said:

He said that he'll return to the Joker if someone makes an adaptation of "The Killing Joke". He also did say last year that if they come up with something fun in the Arkham series, he may return. It's mostly about preserving the role's legacy and not overstaying his welcome - he didn't want to return for City until they paged him the script.

Besides, while Mark Hamill does make for a superb Joker, there's still been plenty of great alternatives throughout the years. John DiMaggio from Under the Red Hood is the most recurrently brought up alternative, and for good reason. Michael Merson made for a great turn as the Joker in Dark Knight Returns as well, as did whomever voiced him in Lego Batman 2.

I've always found it annoying how so many people tend to scoff at the idea of a Kevin Conroy-less Batman or a Mark Hamill-less Joker whenever it comes to voicing the characters. I should note that I'm not directly referring to anyone in here or anything, but it's still a common sentiment that those two characters apparently begin and end with Kevin and Mark., and I've always found that view point to be a little close-minded.

I'm always interested in whenever we're getting a new voice actor for the roles because of how much of a rarity it can be. I'm really curious to see who'll they get for Batman: Arkham Origins; it's the beginning of his career after all, so I wonder if they'll just lighten Kevin's voice up a little or will go with a different voice actor altogether.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Winternet

Didn't Jeff say in his review that the story mode was the least interesting part of the game?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Didn't Jeff say in his review that the story mode was the least interesting part of the game?

It's pretty neat. That's about it. The comic tie-in was clearly leading up to this huge battle that will eventually happen and cause the start of the game, but it actually has very little to do with the game. It serves as backstory, since the story takes a turn that leads up to something else entirely.

It's not bad. If you like superheroes, then you will probably like this. The actual "story" of it isn't bad, but the singleplayer does seem a little pale in comparison to the rest of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.