Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 03, 2011

With art design by legendary animator Michel Gagné, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet sees players investigating the source of an ominous corruption spreading through the galaxy from within their small but powerful flying saucers.

Game Length Question

HelliSkelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HelliSkelli

Since people have already 100% it on the day one release, is this game fairly short?   How long do it take to get to 100%?   I am mostly curious as I love the look, concept and gameplay of the demo but worry $15 maybe steep for something that maybe 5 hours long.  Then again, I loved Limbo.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Luke
    @HelliSkelli: The game is easily beatable within 5 hours if you use a guide... which I actually posted on another certain Achievement hunting web site :)   

If you're going to go for all the Achievements, you would probably clock-in about 10 - 15 hours.  The variable is because of Lantern Run (Multiplayer Mode), which is very luck dependent with the layouts.  
    gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gunstar

This last boss is hard as fuuuuuuuck. And I beat Hitler on Super Hard in Bionic Commando: Rearmed.

Pyroph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Pyroph

No it's not. Use the normal weapon, not the saw.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bwheeeler

I don't understand why they would tell you to use the saw. It's ridiculous. The one weapon you should absolutely not use they tell you to use.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Rafaelfc

i've played just a little and am already at 50% completion... goddammit, I really like this game...  
    need... more... shadow... planet...

helios1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By helios1337

I find 4-5 hours for a $10-15 game perfectly acceptable. Most $60 games are only 6 hours in comparison. Limbo being under 2 hours for that price was a kick to the balls though.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Enigma777

@gunstar said:

This last boss is hard as fuuuuuuuck. And I beat Hitler on Super Hard in Bionic Commando: Rearmed.

I don't remember that....

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gunstar

I used the saw. The whole time. I didn't even attempt to use anything else. Sigh.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ares42
    @Helios1337 said:

I find 4-5 hours for a $10-15 game perfectly acceptable. Most $60 games are only 6 hours in comparison. Limbo being under 2 hours for that price was a kick to the balls though.

You must be buying the wrong 60$ games :P anyways, I wouldn't say it's the price that's the biggest problem, more the fact that in summer-dulldrums a 4-5 hour game won't really put much of a dent in the boredom.
    haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By haggis

5-10 hours is probably enough to tide me over until Deus Ex comes out. I'm still a little wary of paying $15, though. Yes, I'm cheap. Still, I paid more for a used copy of Modern Warfare 2, and the single-player in that isn't much longer than six hours... Damn it, I'm going to have to get it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.