Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 03, 2011

With art design by legendary animator Michel Gagné, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet sees players investigating the source of an ominous corruption spreading through the galaxy from within their small but powerful flying saucers.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet comes to Steam ina week. Thoughts?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BisonHero

Man, fitting that game's name into the topic title really wastes a whole bunch of space. Damn you, topic title character limit!

Anyway, now that people have had quite a few months to let their thoughts on this game gestate, what was your lasting impression of the game? Should I convince three of my friends to buy the game along with me, so we can have ridiculous Lantern Run shenanigans?

Also, for those that care, doesn't look like it will have Steam achievements, because it is using Games for Window - LIVE.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205730/

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

GFWL means i wont be buying it, at least on steam.

Otherwise, it looks fun, although not my type of tea.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Phatmac

Looks decent. Not really in the mood to go out and get it.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheKramer89

How are they gonna do lantern runs without Will?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Dagbiker

@TheKramer89 said:

How are they gonna do lantern runs without Will?

FUCK. Will isnt even around and hes still screwing up everybody.

MrBoBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MrBoBo

Games for windows is shit. I wish it would just die. Everyone loves steam. Everyone. Barring anti-drm internet hero's and pirates. So basically everyone that matters.

Fuck GFWL.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By ez123

It's a great game, I got it when it was on sale for 600 pts. For 11 bucks, I'm not sure. It's fun but short. Though, Lantern Runs seem to increase replayabilty, I only did the campaign. Also, GFWL has real achievements so it's great. Microsoft Flight, AoE, Bulletstorm, Dirt 3, I had zero problems with any of those.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By BisonHero

@ez123 said:

It's a great game, I got it when it was on sale for 600 pts. For 11 bucks, I'm not sure. It's fun but short. Though, Lantern Runs seem to increase replayabilty, I only did the campaign. Also, GFWL has real achievements so it's great. Microsoft Flight, AoE, Bulletstorm, Dirt 3, I had zero problems with any of those.

It's 11 bucks because it automatically includes that Shadow Hunters co-op DLC thing with every copy of the PC version.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By alternate

Didn't realise this was coming out. Seen zero promotion for it.

monkfishesq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By monkfishesq

It's officially out now. I saw someone buy it then immediately say that they couldn't login to GFWL to play the game.

I went to check the GFW marketplace program for the PC to see if I could login. it INSTANTLY told me my ID/PW were wrong. Did I mention that this is my main XBL account? And at the top of the login screen for the marketplace is my XBL Avatar and username.

I am logged into xbox.com with the same account with exactly 0 problems. When people say they hate GFWL. It's not just hyperbole. It's fucking continuing and never ending first hand fucking proof that the entire system is a huge pile of super shit. Every single help article that Microsoft provides is just an endless stream of broken URL redirects or just straight up missing pages. If Microsoft themselves have abandoned supporting GFWL except for a moderator on the forums that just regurgitates the same bullshit excuses. Why the fuck do they keep subjecting us to it?

e: Holy shit I managed to login. The first thing that I see in the marketplace tab?

"Great Games, Great Prices: Now on Xbox.com"

Microsoft themselves have fucking abandoned the program and just redirect you to the xbox website.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By alternate

@MonkfishEsq: I know. I bought it. Tried to play it and GFWL kept crashing (because I had not accepted the latest T&Cs and the PC client didn't know what to do so just hangs). Eventually solved it but while googling to see if anyone else was having the problem - number one forum advice - the warez version is already out and cracked to run without GFWL Another great consumer experience for the legit gamer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.