Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Inside

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 29, 2016

A game from Limbo developers, Playdead, set in a dystopian environment.

Mere hours until PS4 release, still not listed on store?

rpoland123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The PS4 version of this game is slated for an August 23 release. With the way digital games are instantly on demand in this day and age I would assume this would mean at the stroke of midnight. I, however, can't seem to find the game on the PSN store. Now, I must admit, I've never been so hyped about an indie release that I want to get it exactly at midnight so perhaps this is par for the course. Can someone offer some insight into the reason there is not a listing for this game. Maybe it won't be available until later in the day? I don't know, I just would like to play it ASAP. Thanks

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smaller digital only or indie games sometimes don't go up for pre-order on the store. There is still a totally good chance it will show up on the store at Midnight Pacific.

rpoland123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zella: Midnight Pacific? That sucks cause I'm on the Beast coast. Thanks for the hot info though!

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpoland123: Could be Eastern too but the midnight stuff is kind of varied with the PSN store I find. Sometimes things will unlock/become available at 12 pacific and other times eastern. Also not everything will come up at midnight, that is usually just for the bigger name stuff. Store normally doesn't fully update until sometime mid day on the Tuesday.

rpoland123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zella: Well, fingers crossed I won't have to sleep one more night without experiencing this masterpiece for myself!! If that does happen I can only imagine what horrendous nightmares will haunt my sleep!!! (Drama queen) Seriously though, I am really excited for this game. It looks exactly like my kind of crazy/creepy.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PSN store typically updates every Tuesday but that doesn't necessarily mean midnight. I notice it will usually update around 8AM-12PM EST time. Unfortunately the store update is no where near consistent.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bigsocrates  Online

The PSN store typically updates every Tuesday but that doesn't necessarily mean midnight. I notice it will usually update around 8AM-12PM EST time. Unfortunately the store update is no where near consistent.

This has been my experience too. Their backend seems...not good. Sales, for example, can take hours to propagate (with the first titles appearing on sale around noon or 1PM and other titles reduced prices showing up over the next several hours.)

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Unless it's a game that is up for pre-order and they specifically say it will be available to play at midnight, then it won't be. You won't see it in the store until the store updates sometime tomorrow. Usually in the afternoon, EST. That's what I've seemed to notice anyways.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ericjasonwade said:

This has been my experience too. Their backend seems...not good. Sales, for example, can take hours to propagate (with the first titles appearing on sale around noon or 1PM and other titles reduced prices showing up over the next several hours.)

Yea what he/she said. It will update tomorrow but do not count on midnight.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in Central time zone, and the store is usually updated around noon for me, like others have said. I do wish they were more uniform with preorders and predownloads. A good example are the Resident Evil 4-6 Remasters. If I remember correctly, RE5 didn't have a preload, but RE4 (which comes out next week) and RE6 did. It's super useful when they do, especially for someone with pretty crap download speeds like me.

rpoland123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks everyone for the useful/disheartening information. I really hope that you're all wrong but if not I guess I'll survive one more night.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Holy shit.... I thought this was "console exclusive" to the Xbox One. Man, I sure feel out of touch now...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.