Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Insomniac Games

Company »

Insomniac Games was founded in 1994, and for a decade developed titles exclusively for Sony platforms such as Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, and Resistance. In 2013 they released their first multiplatform game, Fuse, on PS3 and Xbox 360, and in 2014 released their first current-gen title, Sunset Overdrive, exclusively on the Xbox One.

So now Insomniac has pulled a Bungie?!

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Keeng
    http://www.industrygamers.com/news/electronic-arts-signs-new-publishing-agreement-with-insomniac-games/  

I imagine this article isn't lying. It's actually more crazy to me that this is a completely new IP. The reason being, Insomniac doesn't necessarily stick to one type of game. Resistance is a shooter and Ratchet is an action platformer, but there really isn't a good reason to assume this new game will be either, right? Should we be expecting an Insomniac RPG? It seems bat-shit crazy, but you never know. Of course, the first person shooter genre outshines all other types of games on the 360 so maybe it is another FPS? As long as this doesn't negatively affect the odds of an excellent Resistance 3 (which I feel it will, unfortunately) I'm all for it. I would love to see one of their games enjoy a Call of Duty-esque level of success. They deserve it.
    someonehere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By someonehere

err that article is about bungie and bungie only

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Insomniac? I'll be praying for a new Twisted Metal.

zander1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zander1123
    @Keeng: More than likely it will have no effect what-so-ever on Resistance 3 because the multi-platform game is being developed by their North Carolina studio, while Resistance 3 is being created in their main studio, which is based in Burbank.  

So you can rest easily. 
    Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeffery

Insomniac pulled a bungie? 

You made a typo. 

Its Brad pullde a bungie.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Kornkaos said:
    " @zander1123: I'm not sure... usually when a company chooses a publishing partner it applies to all studios not just select ones, as far as I can tell, if sony doesn't own the liscences for the Resistance of Ratchet and Clank games they can bring it to the 360. I don't think sony published any of those games so... "
    they did publish them
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Ineedaname

Can't help but think Sony should start retaining some products/companies if it wishes to make console sales.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Keeng
    @someonehere: Thanks for catching it! I was pasting that URL for a different post I was working on. I've fixed it now. 

@Jeffery: Wait...what? 

@zander1123: More information about that has come out in the last few hours. Since Sony owns the rights to all the current Insomniac games, all of their current franchises are still PS3 only. Ted Price has also said that Resistance 3 is still a thing and there are more Sony exclusives coming. I guess this new game is an experiment of sorts then?
    jrbl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jrbl1

It is a good move for insomniac.  They will grow their fanbase.  They seem to be remaining true to their Sony fans by not multi-platforming their current IP's.  So it is good for them, just like it may be good for Bungie.   Bungie I can't blame for wanting to go multi-platform.  The Halo haters grow and grow everyday.   I say good for both of them. 

Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lambert

Insomniac was always an independent studio. Bungie was owned by Microsoft.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Keeng

Insomniac was indeed always independent. This situation is certainly not them leaving Sony. 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By Icemael
    @Lambert said:
    " Insomniac was always an independent studio. Bungie was owned by Microsoft. "
    Bungie became independent three years ago, yet made Halo: ODST and Halo: Reach last year and this year, respectively, so this is really no different Bungie saying they're going multi-platform. Both companies have been independent developers making console-exclusive, first-party-published games.
    yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By yani

I think this is great.  The Ratchet and Clank series are some of my favourite games. I can only hope that whatever multiplat game they make is as good as those games and sells well.  Kind of a shame that 360 only users don't get to mess around with Mr. Zurkon, oh well.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Keeng

I really, really wanna know what kind of game it is. It would at least be nice to find out the genre. They're games are so different from one another that there's no predicting it.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Cube
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " Insomniac? I'll be praying for a new Twisted Metal. "
    What? Incognito made TM.
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Cube said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " Insomniac? I'll be praying for a new Twisted Metal. "
    What? Incognito made TM. "
    Ugh, I get them confused...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.