Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Intellivision

Platform »

The Intellivision by Mattel Electronics was a system known for its unique controllers and cutting-edge graphics in the early 1980s, but it was ultimately overshadowed by the technically less powerful, Atari 2600.

No Intellivision love?

zaldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zaldar

This was the system I had before I got a sega genesis - I skipped the Nintendo generation completely. I loved it. Played some of the games again on my ps2 with intellivision lives! They still hold up! Night stalker is especially great still. Didn't have burger time or beauty and the beast on the disc though which was a mistake as those were two of the best games.

It would be really interesting to see where the people who built that system and those games ended up. They really did some good work.

multithreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Intellivision was my first gaming system, so it definitely has a special place in my heart. SNAFU was the first game I remember playing. In the last year I purchased one of those dollar store versions that hook up to modern interfaces, however, I don't think I've ever set it up. I have two boys (5 and 7) and they think the controller is hilarious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.