Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Into the Breach

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 27, 2018

Mechs defend Earth from giant bugs in this tactics game from the creators of FTL.

Patch adds grid notation

matthewgm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By matthewgm
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

It's cool, i'd rather a gif or something of the entire round? With the waiting between moves removed.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By development

@mikemcn: yessss. Since my first finished battle this is all I wanted. I want to see how fast this battle would have really looked, compared to how slowly I played it. It would really add sooo much to the experience for me.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

I'm really interested in this, but it still seems very difficult to post puzzles for people. For the most part you need to not only know the map / turn order, but also the mechs/abilities/upgrades/pilots, so you need at least 4 screenshots to really communicate all the information. I'm mostly hoping they publish or allow you to share single turn challenges in-game. Going through full games is fun, but solving a single very difficult turn is really the best the game has to offer, and typically in a run I'll only have that happen once or twice an island at most.

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By ascagnel

@mikemcn said:

It's cool, i'd rather a gif or something of the entire round? With the waiting between moves removed.

Frozen Synapse had a really cool feature where it could upload a shortened clip of the match to YouTube as a 30-60s clip. Here's a sample of me playing a buddy from when that game was new.

GIF export would also be great for sharing on Twitter.

Edit: and just thought of this -- if you could somehow encode a turn's data in a URL, and then let you share it like a chess puzzle.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By gkhan

@ascagnel said:
    @mikemcn said:

Frozen Synapse had a really cool feature where it could upload a shortened clip of the match to YouTube as a 30-60s clip. Here's a sample of me playing a buddy from when that game was new.

GIF export would also be great for sharing on Twitter.

Edit: and just thought of this -- if you could somehow encode a turn's data in a URL, and then let you share it like a chess puzzle.

It could probably be done, but it's a tricker than a chess puzzle. There's way more data in a single Into The Breach screen than in a chess puzzle. You would have to encode the every enemy position/type/health/next turn action, every friendly position/type/health/customizations, the entire environment (which island, all the buildings, all the building healths, all the mountains with their health, all forests, deserts, etc.), all coming environmental effects (lightning strikes, floods, fires, whatever). Like, there's a BUNCH of data in that screen, more than you maybe realize. Even compressed, it's probably at least a kilobyte or two of raw bytes (which becomes bigger when encoded), which makes for a hell of a URL.

The way to do it, rather, is to have a button in game which is like "upload this turn", which gathers all the data, uploads it to a database, then generates a shortened link which you can click on or paste into your game. However, it's a lot to ask for the Into The Breach devs to develop and host a thing like that.

matthewgm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By matthewgm

@ascagnel: God, I loved Frozen Synapse. I want to get back into it at some point, especially since the sequel is apparently vapor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.