Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Into the Breach

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 27, 2018

Mechs defend Earth from giant bugs in this tactics game from the creators of FTL.

Stability Issues?

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Hey duders,

Played about an hour or so of the game and loving it so far. I didn't get into Advanced War but I'm getting some great shades of FF Tactics and this really feels all the fun systems stuff from FTL with a bit smoother gameplay curve.

Anyway, in the one hour I've played, the game has crashed on my about a dozen times. It's actually been fairly benign considering it loads from steam in about 3 seconds and has always continued from my last turn, but what gives?

I'm going to go ahead and assume this is either a Windows 10 Creators Update issue or something to do with Geforce Experience. I heard disabling some things in the graphics card drivers might help but man, fullscreen, windowed, doesn't seem to change the fact that I crash quite a bit. They already released a patch it seems, but that hasn't helped so far.

Anyway, keep on squishin' them bugs.

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I haven't had any issues with the game on Windows 10 with the Creator's Update and GeForce Experience running in the background. I've played probably about 5-6 hours with no crashes, but it's the GOG version. Have you tried playing it in windowed/fullscreen mode, or disabling the Steam overlay? I've had weird seemingly unexplainable crash problems with random Steam games before where that was the solution.

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mvhvtmv:

I just turned off overlay and big picture and whatnot so hopefully that works. I heard there might be an issue when a system has two non SLI'd cards (which I do). Steam being crummy would be a more ideal issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.