Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iPad

Platform »

The iPad is a series of touch-screen tablet devices developed by Apple. The iPad can browse the web, playback local and streamed content, and run a large variety of third party apps, including games.

iPad Responsible For American Unemployment - Confirmed!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Sup fools,

Jessie Jackson's kid has confirmed the reason for unemployment is not due to bad government or corporations, but rather the iPad.  He then goes on ranting about China and all the usual stuff.  Regardless, the fool doesn't realize if the iPad was made in America it'd be way more in price and no one would buy it....he also forgets that millions and I mean millions, buy the iPad and they are giving growth to the economy.  

The iPad is the top selling, highest reviewed, and most magical tablet in the history of humankind...because of this, people are willing to spend $500+ to help grow the economy.  Boarders closing?  Their fault.  Authors are still being paid so there's no added loss to cloud books (or e-books as some people call them).  People lost their jobs at retail?  Their fault.  Industries dying due to not being able to evolve?  Your loss for not diversifying your industries.  

But hey, dude makes a point.  Why blame the government and the corporations when it's the iPad that's killing America!  

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By melcene

That's ridiculous.  But I'm not surprised, given who's saying it.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FourWude

He's right, Apple sucks, and iTards are ruining the economy. Thankyou Steve "ruined the" Jobs.

You hipster iTards, with your fancy gizmo's and whatchyamacallits. If you want to help the economy drive an OldsMobile and put on an old transistor radio, usually located in the glovebox of the passenger seat. 

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By yinstarrunner
    @FourWude said:
    "

He's right, Apple sucks, and iTards are ruining the economy. Thankyou Steve "ruined the" Jobs.

You hipster iTards, with your fancy gizmo's and whatchyamacallits. If you want to help the economy drive an OldsMobile and put on an old transistor radio, usually located in the glovebox of the passenger seat. 

"
    This, iDevice users are pretty much the scum of the earth.  It doesn't surprise me that they would start ruining America with their bullshit.
    jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By jorbear

Steve Jobs is a double agent of the Chinese Government! I knew it!

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By McGhee
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Sup fools,

Jessie Jackson's kid has confirmed the reason for unemployment is not due to bad government or corporations, but rather the iPad.  He then goes on ranting about China and all the usual stuff.  Regardless, the fool doesn't realize if the iPad was made in America it'd be way more in price and no one would buy it....he also forgets that millions and I mean millions, buy the iPad and they are giving growth to the economy.  

The iPad is the top selling, highest reviewed, and most magical tablet in the history of humankind...because of this, people are willing to spend $500+ to help grow the economy.  Boarders closing?  Their fault.  Authors are still being paid so there's no added loss to cloud books (or e-books as some people call them).  People lost their jobs at retail?  Their fault.  Industries dying due to not being able to evolve?  Your loss for not diversifying your industries.  

But hey, dude makes a point.  Why blame the government and the corporations when it's the iPad that's killing America!  

"
    A cursory google search has told me that the iPad was indeed assembled in China, but the various parts are made all over the world.

Little is truly "made in America" anymore, especially electronics.
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mr_Skeleton
    @McGhee_the_Insomniac: Didn't Apple had some problem with people killing themselves at their factories in china?
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By McGhee
    @Mr_Skeleton said:
    " @McGhee_the_Insomniac: Didn't Apple had some problem with people killing themselves at their factories in china? "
    The Chinese company is Foxconn. They make all kinds of electronics including the iphone.  http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/02/ff_joelinchina/
    Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Poor kid, he awoke one day and realised that black people have it kind of alright these days. Now it would seem that, in his desperate struggle to fill his daddy's shoes, he has turned to attacking the iPad. He wants to usurp Kanye West's throne, to seize the crown which can only rest atop the head of The Voice of a Generation.

Insane? Kinda, yeah.

Sad? Very, very sad indeed.
    phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By phish09

Wow.  A pretty educated debate going on here.  Plain to see you all obviously mastered in Economics at top Ivy League schools.  Guess you don't need any further input here.

Anyway, if you kids are denying that the current American consumer pattern of buying up all these electronic gizmos and gadgets that are being manufactured in China, India, etc...then you are obviously blind to the truth.  I'm not saying to stop buying these products, as damaging the American economy has been a part of the American lifestyle for years and it would be incredibly out of character to start purchasing products that are built by your fellow Americans.  I'm just saying that you can't deny that most of your consumer goods are being manufactured overseas and, as many threads on here have stated, the job market in the States is suffering badly for it. 

@KaosAngel said:

"Sup fools,

"

Um, I'm sure you're probably aware of this, but Apple is a corporation, and Apple is the corporation he's pointing his finger at here, as well as the consumer purchasing these Apple products.

I'm not trying to hate, I just picked up a 4G iPod touch myself, but then again if I were living in a country with as horrible an economic situation as you've guys got going on, I'd have probably thought twice about it.

Parkingtigers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Parkingtigers
    Does it really matter who makes, sells or buys any product?  It's time to get over these ridiculous national obsessions.  Buy American!  Buy British!  Our jobs are being sent to China/India!  Yeah ... and?  A guy in China needs a job, and to earn money to feed his family, just as much as someone in the west.  Who came up with this ridiculous idea that a Mr. Smith (whom you've never met) in your home country somehow needs or deserves a job more than a Mr. Chen (whom you've never met) in China?

Vague and arbitrary geographical locations of a person is not  a value of their personal worth.  If you want your own situation to be better, then work towards that.  But don't begrudge someone on the other side of the world doing well.  Because newsflash: he's the same as you, and doesn't deserve it any less than you.

@Mr_Skeleton said:

" @McGhee_the_Insomniac: Didn't Apple had some problem with people killing themselves at their factories in china? "

This was already addressed, but it's worth pointing out that this story was a fine example of the media blowing up a story into a big thing without stopping to look at the facts.  Suicides happen everywhere, but the per capita suicide rate of the Foxconn factories (which had something like 300,000 employees) is lower than that of the average UK city.  Media outlets just looked at the numbers of deaths, singled out the highest profile client of the factories, and turned it into an attention-getting headline.

But then "Apple factory workers kill themselves" sells more papers than "Giant Chinese factory has lower suicide rate than Barnsley".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.