Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iPad

Platform »

The iPad is a series of touch-screen tablet devices developed by Apple. The iPad can browse the web, playback local and streamed content, and run a large variety of third party apps, including games.

Ipad: So useless but why do i want one?

rapsney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By rapsney

For the life of me I can not imagine a real use I would have for an IPad.  Its not portable.  Its not a real computer.  Yet, I find myself yearning to hold it in my meaty grasp. I have caught myself inventing reasons that I NEED to have one.  I pray to the tech gods to give me the strength to resist its shinny exterior and hold out for revision 2.

rapsney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rapsney

For the life of me I can not imagine a real use I would have for an IPad.  Its not portable.  Its not a real computer.  Yet, I find myself yearning to hold it in my meaty grasp. I have caught myself inventing reasons that I NEED to have one.  I pray to the tech gods to give me the strength to resist its shinny exterior and hold out for revision 2.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By angelkanarias

I feel the same way, but don't. They just sold it as being a laptop when it's just a giant old itouch.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By yakov456

I only like it for one simple reason. It reminds me of something the crew would use on Star Trek TNG. To run a diagnostic test on a warp drive or something. If you really think about it, we take current technology for granted.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Because you are a trend loving sheep douche.

Nah jk.  You just like gadgets.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Brunchies

I also feel the same way but I don't want to spend 500 dollars on a bigger Iphone.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Steve Jobs has been sending you subliminal messages for the past 3 months, you can not resist.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @rapsney said:
    " For the life of me I can not imagine a real use I would have for an IPad.  Its not portable.  Its not a real computer.  Yet, I find myself yearning to hold it in my meaty grasp. I have caught myself inventing reasons that I NEED to have one.  I pray to the tech gods to give me the strength to resist its shinny exterior and hold out for revision 2. "
    I guess I can understand why you would say it's not portable or a real computer, but it really is both those things. It's super portable compared to a laptop and is much more computer-esque than things like the iphone. Apple's graphic that they made with it between the iphone and imac seems spot on. It incorporates some of the best features of those devices and finds a nice middle ground. I wouldn't call that useless, especially with the ever-expanding app store. I'm starting to sound like an Apple fan... oh god what's happening here?!
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Skytylz

It's only $500 for "We Rule".  That's why.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By DukesT3

If you got the money and a good job, then why not? But yea try really hard to hold out for next years version if you want on... or wait till people start posting it up on craigslist in the coming months for a cheaper price. 

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By demontium

www.tested.com

Spongetwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Spongetwan

I dont think that the iPAD is useless. can someone list the reasons that the iPAD is useless? That way we can wither agree with or refute the claims. it seems to be a more convient way to access the web.I know that my iPHONE has changed my life completely. I will have to see what impact the iPAD has but I thinking that i might have a hard time putting it down. 

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FirePrince

It's awesome.But shit.It's awesome to have.But still shit. 
    DONT GIVE IN!
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Whisperkill

Its okay. Most self engrossed, smug douchebags are naturally attracted to apple products. Its not your fault. 

Blame the government. 

By the way that was sarcasm.... mostly

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @Whisperkill said:
    " Its okay. Most self engrossed, smug douchebags are naturally attracted to apple products. Its not your fault.  Blame the government.            By the way that was sarcasm.... mostly "
    So... that's why the GB crew uses Apple gear? Ouch.
    Digi7alS3lf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Digi7alS3lf

Marvel Comics, iBook, Sketchbook Pro, Monkey Island. All of that, on the go. That's why you want it. And that's why i'm probably gonna buy it to. 
    And for me, the fact that i can go to my client and show some sketch in an attractive device that loads instantly and has WiFi to look for docs on cloud storage, if i need to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.