Just got an iPad!

#1 Posted by Hizang (9358 posts) -

So I went out and bought the new iPad today, spur of the moment kind of thing. So I would like some recommendations for games to play that look good and play good on he iPad, keep in mind I have an iPhone already.

#2 Posted by Kidavenger (4168 posts) -
#3 Posted by Niall_Sg1 (379 posts) -

One of my favourite iPad games is Eufloria, which is actually a PC game ported to the iPad. Also worth checking out field runners, and of course plants vs zombies.

#4 Posted by MEATBALL (4231 posts) -

Hunters 2 is a pretty cool turn-based strategy title.

#5 Posted by Sgykah (103 posts) -

Galaxy on Fire 2 and such.

#6 Edited by Ben_H (3938 posts) -

Ticket to Ride, Carcasonne and other board games like that. They're great on the iPad.  

Puzzlejuice. I really enjoy playing it. It's quite goofy.  

Gta3 is actually really good for having touch controls.  It runs at solid 60fps on the new iPad (I just like goofing around on it more than anything).  

If you like tower defense check out Kingdom Rush. It's a ton of fun and actually challenging unlike most tower defense games.   

And lastly, Battleheart. It's a strategy game of sorts. I think it's also on iPhone but it works way better on iPad. 

There's a ton more games but those are the only ones I've gotten to play so far because I'm so busy with finals right now.

#7 Posted by Azteck (7416 posts) -

Super jelly. ):

#8 Posted by ckeats (496 posts) -

Ghost Trick, Fairway Solitaire HD, Carcassonne, and Ascension

#9 Posted by xxxlynchxxx (169 posts) -

I'm a DrawSomething sucker. RealRacing2HD looks really great on the new screen.

#10 Posted by Tamaster92 (296 posts) -

infinity 1/2 are great

#11 Posted by 71Ranchero (3399 posts) -

The War of Eustrath. It plays like Fire Emblem but its Mech based. Pretty sure its a remake of an old PC game.

Loading Video...
#12 Posted by animathias (1272 posts) -

If you got the new iPad (or maybe even the iPad 2) the TellTale adventure games are fantastic on a touch screen. They just don't run as well as I'd like on the original iPad.

#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19301 posts) -

The only game I played on an iPad is Mirror's Edge and it was soooooooooo much fun

#14 Posted by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -
Loading Video...
#15 Posted by Hizang (9358 posts) -

I played a bunch of Minecraft pocket for some reason, also PVZ is still PVZ.

#16 Posted by Brunchies (2501 posts) -

Superbrother sword and sorcery, game's the shit.

#17 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3858 posts) -

GTA 3 is pretty good, but those damn touch screen controls take some getting used to.

#18 Posted by MikkaQ (10296 posts) -

If you haven't already sunk entire days of your life into Sid Meyer's Pirates! then you can do it on the iPad now. It's a decent enough port and it's awesome to have a version of that to take on the go. Scribblenauts on the iPad is better than the iPhone and DS versions for obvious reasons, and if you use a bluetooth keyboard with the iPad, entering insane strings of words into the game is a snap.

#19 Posted by zidd (1931 posts) -
#20 Posted by GS_Dan (1435 posts) -

I just got a Transformer Prime today :D

#21 Posted by Hizang (9358 posts) -

Anybody reccomend me Max Payne or Dead Space

#22 Posted by Bribo (716 posts) -

Gridrunner, Goat Up and 5 A Day.

#23 Posted by dagas (3483 posts) -

Infinity Blade for sure! It's only a buck for the first game now. It's good on the phone but I bet it's even better on an iPad.

#24 Posted by TheHBK (5670 posts) -

Max Payne and GTA.

#25 Posted by Hizang (9358 posts) -

So spent most of yesterday messing with it, gotta say the best games are simple ones. There's this open world game set in Rio that is kinda cool but controls iffy.

#26 Posted by Jackel2072 (2510 posts) -

The one downfall of my iPad is I hate most mobile games. Granted I really didn't buy it for games. But still I find my self looking for something. I need to just find something that plays to the strength of the iPad and not a port of something like say max Payne P.S. Typing on this thing is a real breeze!

#27 Posted by jimi (1149 posts) -

Most board games are pretty baller on iPad, especially ticket to ride.

I'm still wondering whether to invest in one, I wouldn't use it for games though.

#28 Posted by CommonReason (125 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Anybody reccomend me Max Payne or Dead Space

Both are worth it. Dead Space for the iPad is fantastic though.

#29 Posted by PandaBear (1484 posts) -

The calendar is cool. So is Safari.

#30 Posted by Jackel2072 (2510 posts) -

Found a game i like and could not recommend it enough. The Pinball Arcade I normally dislike the idea of video pinball, but this one is just done so well! ahh memories.

#31 Posted by mandude (2827 posts) -

I hear Eufloria is meant to be out on iPad soon (now?). Get it, get it, get it, get it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.