Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iPad

Platform »

The iPad is a series of touch-screen tablet devices developed by Apple. The iPad can browse the web, playback local and streamed content, and run a large variety of third party apps, including games.

Reports Suggest iPad 3 Announcement Next Month

• 170 results
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Branthog

@Detrian said:

@patrickklepek said:

Yeah, I guess Apple isn't a big deal in video games. I should probably delete this.

Also, of course the news section reflects my own personal thoughts, feelings, interests. I run the news section.

Better start covering some games instead of getting sassy then.

The guy gets one year older and suddenly he's got an attitude! :P

Seriously though, talking iPad isn't too unreasonable on a slow news day. What's lame is that All Things D and others felt it was such a newsworthy thing to report. I mean, everyone knows about the iPad 3 being announced then as well as the improved screen. It's been known for months. We all kind of know how the Apple timeline and product release announcements work. That isn't to slag on Patrick for including it here. It's to slag on the shitty Verge/GDGT/Engadget/Gizmodo need to constantly be putting up new articles, even if it's about the most mundane, obvious, uninteresting, common-knowledge stuff. (For tech sites, all of those sites have become almost nothing but cell phone websites. That's ALL they talk about. All fucking day long. An endless stream of the most trivial "news" updates about a product that you buy once every five years or so).

halfdane1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By halfdane1975

Great article Pat...I'm thinking about picking up one of these. I'm anxiously awaiting more specs on the ipad!

originalgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By originalgman

So when does the Apple numbering convention get unwieldy? When they start using Roman numerals?

beomoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By beomoose

And the browser will still stink

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By murisan

Fuck the haters. Thanks for posting stuff on a slow day.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156  Edited By MysteriousBob

What the hell has this got to do with video games?

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#157  Edited By Legend

Great article. Always be testing.. wait! This isn't Tested!!

holybins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By holybins

@Branthog said:

What's lame is that All Things D and others felt it was such a newsworthy thing to report. I mean, everyone knows about the iPad 3 being announced then as well as the improved screen. It's been known for months.

Nothing has been "known". Just because yourself and many others have been submerged in Apple rumors for months doesn't not mean any of those rumors are true. Just look at the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S rumors before launch - there were a lot of them that did not turn out to be true.

A site that is a bit more reputable/solid than most Apple rumor sites and a confirmation from the well-connected Jim Dalrymple is a bit closer to the announcement being "known" than any of the previous rumors.

PXAbstraction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159  Edited By PXAbstraction

Aside from the fact that rumours are not news, Apple doing the same thing they've done for the last two years is a big story now? Funny how we never see stories like this in the press when the next Droid comes out (or anything else for that matter). Also yeah, Tested does this type of article and pretty much talks about nothing but phones and tablets anymore (with nearly everything being compared to and dismissed against Apple anyway). Not that iOS isn't a viable gaming platform but since Whiskey has one site that's essentially dedicated to mobile stuff, isn't it OK for people to know they can go there for that content?

Also, if you're one of the people like me who is getting a Vita, iOS isn't a factor in that decision. They're two very different gaming platforms and someone who is getting a Vita is either already invested in iOS or doesn't care about it. That something else is coming out around the same time as an Apple product is no sign whatsoever that it's automatically lost.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160  Edited By Peanut

I still don't get how people can deal with this shit on a yearly basis and how Apple gets a full pass. I've owned a single Apple product in my life, an iPod Touch I bought about 2 years ago...and not only does the piece of shit not hold a charge anymore, it's entirely fucking obsolete. I bought my fiance an iPad 2 at Christmas and now a new one is on the way. How the FUCK is this OK with people? How do people think it's perfectly fine to spend $600+ on something that's going to be replaced a year later?

Flip this to say a Nintendo handheld, where people get super fucking ENRAGED at spending $200 on a device that "might" be upgraded within 2 years and only aesthetically. I get you can do a shit load more on an iPad or iPhone, but you're also only paying a fraction of the price.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By TurtleFish

@Peanut said:

How do people think it's perfectly fine to spend $600+ on something that's going to be replaced a year later?

This is the technology train in general. The XBOX 360 or PS3 was technically obsolete the moment the specs were locked in. Or look at something completely unrelated to gaming -- look at cars or appliances: next year's model is always a little more polished, perhaps some different features, etc.

The difference is that most people don't go back to the local Home Depot to see just how 'obsolete' their current fridge is, and computer technology is still progressing so fast, even six months makes a huge difference.

It's just a question of priorities. I don't understand why people want to buy a new Call of Duty or Madden every year, or who (for those who can afford it) buy a new car every couple of years - but, for some people, the changes are worth it.

JGH

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#162  Edited By Gav47

@MrCleanTrousers said:

Sucks reading this on an ipad 2...

Its still worth 350-400, sell it before the official announcement if you want the iPad 3.

It'll be interesting to see how Apple will handle another resolution for their app categories. They already have normal apps and Universal apps that will work on all iPod touchs, iPhones and iPads, what will they do for this new res?

Also, lol at some of you guys, the comment section is incredibly similar to the one on the article about Steve Jobs death, never change GB community.

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#163  Edited By ICF_19XX

@BestUsernameEver: I get it.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By bennyboy

@Nicholas said:

@bennyboy: Well excuse me to fucking hell. I was just saying that I may have said it differently. Perhaps I would have said "soon" instead of "quickly".

Jesus fucking Christ.

Uhm, dude. I was sympathizing with you and agreeing with you about his awkward sentence structure man. Calm down?

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#165  Edited By ICF_19XX

@bennyboy: I'm sorry. You're right.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#166  Edited By Captainlunchbox

How did the iPad 3 beat the 3DS redesign to the rumor mill? I mean, if this is true it'll even be beating it to the market. I am amazed.

Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Thor_Molecules

Give it a Retina display, and i'd sell my iPad 2 off in a heartbeat.

smallville123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By smallville123

Ughh i HATE apple rumor stories.../

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By jetsetwillie

@Smallville123 said:

Ughh i HATE apple rumor stories.../

why did you click on it then?

BloodRavyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By BloodRavyne

Patrick you dumbass. THIS IS NOT VIDYA GAEMS. Its like I'm really on /v/!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.