Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iPad

Platform »

The iPad is a series of touch-screen tablet devices developed by Apple. The iPad can browse the web, playback local and streamed content, and run a large variety of third party apps, including games.

Ryan getting an iPad

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Th3irdEye

Ryan mentioned on the latest bombcast that he will probably be getting a new iPad in the next week or two. I thought this was weird since it is so close to new iPad release season (first gen = April, 2 and 3 = March) but then I remembered that Apple released that small, quiet refresh with the lightning connector when the mini came out. There are already rumors circulating about a new iPad coming in March but I'm not here to comment on that. I'm just wondering if you guys think that Apple is trying to move the iPad sales season to the holidays? In any case, I don't think Ryan should be buying anything right now. At lease wait until after march to see what happens. I know I would kick myself if I bought an iPad and a new one came out a few short weeks later.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Vexxan

I've been looking to buy one myself since Christmas but after the rumors about there being a new one in March I've decided to wait until that month passes in case something new is announced.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By alternate

Rumour is they are moving to twice a year product refreshes.

Either way, Ryan is a big boy, he can make decisions like this himself. Maybe he doesn't want to wait for what is likely a small improvement, maybe his old ipad is broken, who knows.

darthslughorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By darthslughorn

I feel like the holiday refresh was only to maintain parity with the new Lightning connector. I feel like Apple will go back to the Spring refreshes, keeping the holidays focused on iPhone.

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Th3irdEye

@alternate: This thread was less about suggesting to Ryan what he should do and more about discussing Apple's release cycle's and what that out of place holiday micro refresh means for the iPad. Ryan's comment just reminded me of this whole situation and got me thinking about the optimal time to buy. I tend to agree with @darthslughorn. I can't see them competing against their own products during the holiday season. Unless I'm thinking about this wrong and iPhone is a completely different market from iPad. I have both of them but I suppose that they are different devices and may appeal to completely different segments of the population.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.