Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

2016 Road Warrior Events - Petit Le Mans - Sept 24

• 112 results
    datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Car list for 24 hours of Spa: Audi R8 LMS / Mercedes AMG GT3 / BMW Z4 GT3 / McLaren MP4-12C GT3 / Ford GT GT3.

It's August 6-7 so start looking at schedules!

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to Spa next weekend. We're looking at racing the Audi right now. #survive

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm feeling confident about this one. WE GOT THIS.

Phouchg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By Phouchg

Thought I'd come back here and check how you all are doing. See you're doing the 24 hours as well. Might not be in the same split but I wish you guys luck. We will have a BMW in first or second split and hopefully survive the whole race this time. :D

Met datarez in a race a couple of days ago. Hope I made a good impression by getting my only win that week in that race. ;) <3

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phouchg: Congrats on the win, yeah you did well. I had a pretty horrible week as far as incidents. In those early laps stuff happens in front of you so quickly it can be hard to avoid sometimes. We're not sure if we want to try to play the iRating game to get a lower split or not yet. ;)

Are you racing in VR full time now? The last week or two I finally got used to it to where there wasn't anything I needed to get used to. Before, there was always some little thing that I had to re-learn a little.

Phouchg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@datarez Thanks! I had a lot of problems with incidents at first as well. Dropped down somewhere in the 2500 but managed to get back up to 3080 when I got used to the traffic at the end of the week.

Yeah I'm using VR full time. I started using it and have never looked back. Was incredibly scary in the beginning when handling traffic but after racing more it just feels natural now. Sometimes someone do a move that I can't possibly see in my mirrors but I'm getting better at predicting that as well.

I started using that voice attack plugin by Egil on the forums to have a bit more control and easy access to stuff so now it just works for me. :)

Hydranockz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if this is the active thread or if you guys are catching up on sleep but just wanted to pop in and say congrats again on a great race. I had a great time watching it. @datarez was really good at talking on his own and driving around on double stints. The whole team were great to watch and the gaming/racing chats were always interesting to listen to.

shorthair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Has there been any thoughts to a highlight reel being made and put up?

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydranockz Thanks and thank you for sticking around in chat for so many hours of it.

@shorthair There was but unfortunately it seems that "archive streams" button didn't stay selected for the gbracing twitch channel so it's gone into the ether now.

I was really wanting to get a replay of a pit exit crash I saw at about hour 16. You exit the pits a very high speed into traffic that is also at a very high speed. The person joining the track can't see who is coming so it's on the people on the track to move over if someone is coming out the pits. Well the person on the track either did not or had lost it and just annihilated the car coming on the track and both cars went flying.

I also forgot to check the replay but in our race a team wrecked in the last hour and dropped from 9th to 19th and didn't get to finish the race across the line.

It was a really fun race. 24 hours is a long time and always a challenge and we learn new things as a team each time for sure. My big one this time was QUALIFY. We started 52nd out of 56 cars and that put us probably over half a lap down by the end of the first lap. We did get a little damage early on that we took an extra minute to fix on our first pit stop so we were quickly two laps down and that's mostly where we stayed, then every so often losing another lap on pace. The top two to four teams were super fast and out of the league of the rest of the field. We were running low twenties to high teens based on when we were in the pit cycle for the first half of the race. We got into a single car accident that required a 13 minute repair but kept at it and moved our way back up through attrition and bit of racing. We ended up in a group of 6 cars that all shared the same lap for a while. In the end we finished 14th and it was a lot of fun. I did 239 laps, which came out to 9.56 hours, all in VR and I survived to tell the tale.

Thanks again to the team (@iron1c, @khann & @sebw) and everyone who showed up to watch or tweeted. Here are a couple screenshots of what the stream looked like. Sorry I didn't get any when I was actually driving in VR though.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just under two weeks to the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta. The spreadsheet has been updated so sign up if you haven't. It's a 10 hour race so 3-4 drivers per team preferred.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated the first post with car details. We'll be racing the Mercedes GT3 with either one or two teams and will be streaming over at twitch.tv/gbracing.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to get hype, but like being 5 seconds down is really bad.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.twitch.tv/gbracing We have the green flag!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.