Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

Good Driving Habits

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Which car do you all believe creates the best driving habits? The reason im asking this is because i raced a full season of the skippy series, then got promoted up to C license and i dont really believe that the skippy promotes driving habits that translate well to other cars. Its almost like the skippy is its own beast. Recently ive been driving the spec racer ford and i feel like its been teaching more. its easier to lock the tires up on braking, your punished for getting on the throttle too soon, and you can actually heel and toe and achieve good results/lap times.

Dont get me wrong, i love the skippy, this is just an observation ive made while translating to C licensed cars. the truth is i wish i had spent more time racing the spec racer ford.

What do you all think?

DavyC412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depends on what kind of car you want to drive. GT cars (except the mclaren) or the V8, the mustang is probably good practice (or at least i was way back when i drove it, dont know what it feels like now) because it reinforces the slow in fast out and late apexing thats very useful in GT racing, since if you drive to hard into a corner, youll instantly know it because youll push off the track. if youre lending to open wheeled, or prototypes including the radical, star mazda or radical seem like wise choices.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Whatever you do: Do not believe the McLaren. It's all a lie.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By liako21

The Mclaren really feels like its on ice at times. I think it will be a lot better when its gets the new tire model.

Have any of you tried the RUF?

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mouse

@liako21: We all pretty much love the RUF. We did a 100 minute race with the Track car and have a GT series about to begin.

The RUF is awesome.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Mclaren has the new tire model now! Feels waay better, but a bit sensitive on the curbs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.