Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

Hey guys, check out this other league (it's cool I swear)

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By slowbird

We like crashing, right? But we also like regular "serious" racing too, right? (no? ok just stick with me for a minute here)

The Giant Bomb Racing League is pretty good at both of these things, to be sure. But what if you could supplement your GBRL Friday/Saturday/Sunday activities with some SERIOUS OVAL RACING on Mondays and CRAZY CRASHING on Wednesdays?

"THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY RADICAL!" you shout.

Well, I've got good news. There's already a league for that! It's called the Roadkill Racing Series and it's a highly awesome league run by cool people. (No, I'm not talking about me, and no I'm not a paid spokesperson.) Anyway, you should go here and sign up! It will be awesome, I promise.

Monday is currently reserved for the Roval Championship featuring the B-Class NASCARs on ovals and also the road course layouts of those same ovals. But in just a few weeks, it will become YOUR HOME FOR ALL THINGS IRWINDALE. Three races per night, with different types of cars, including some figure-8 races, on a three-week rotation so that there are 9 weeks with 9 series each racing three times! You can join any or all of them as you like.

Wednesday is a special and amazing series called CRASHCAR in which the goal is to win, but not really because the real goal is to crash into anyone and everyone as soon as the green flag drops! Points will be awarded to whoever gets the most incident points. Yep, that's a real thing that happens. Also there five different random cars each week, with at least one free car included!

Okay that's way too many words for this dumb post I wrote, so again you should go to the league and sign up!

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/LeagueView.do?league=543

Also, you could post in the league's forum thread if you want (pro tip: ask for a specific car number, all the cool kids do)

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/450/3170317.page#7818548

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I applied. I don't have many premium ovals (just what's BOMBCAR asks for) but I'll jump in from time to time. I'd like to do some oval racing with a faster car so I guess a buying a couple ovals and a Class-B car is justified.

This better be rad, though. I'm taking your word on this being rad.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse: oh god now I feel the pressure of living up to my claims D:

it's totally rad, but for some reason we've had a slip in attendance recently and need more cool people to join us. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It sounds like a lot of fun, but the races we do in GBRL already drain me enough, so I can't really do much more.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: That's alright, I know the feeling. I get overwhelmed sometimes by trying to do too many races. Plus you've got that crazy time difference to deal with too.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd really like to do the B-Class Ovals as I want to drive some proper NASCAR races so bad, but 4:00am is too early :/

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I was hoping this would be about a Twitch plays iRacing league. Now I want to see a Twitch plays iRacing league. Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.