Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

Hosting a race this Saturday at 2ish PM MST

• 59 results
    maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Everyone should have the CTS-V. The Cadillac offer just gave you free tracks you'd otherwise have to buy.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I slept right through my alarm and woke up 2 hours late, GG Australia.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Uploaded a short video of why I crashed out at the start of the race:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks everyone who showed up! I'll definitely do one again next weekend since (if?) Daddy PsEG is gone again. I would do one again tomorrow if there's anybody who'd join, probably Spec racers and Radicals on Okyama or something :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'm always up for a race.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By IroN1c

@khann: Obviously cut the course. What were you thinking.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By IroN1c
    @khann said:

The Caddy is only free if you used that free 3 months from Cadillac offer though (right?). Not too sure how many people here took advantage of that.

Thats what I thought as well, but some many people now have said it is free that I don't know what to believe anymore. And I guess there's no easy way to check.

@maxx77 said:

Everyone should have the CTS-V. The Cadillac offer just gave you free tracks you'd otherwise have to buy.

If that's the case, I think right now we should stick to a car/track combo everyone can drive for maximum attendance. If we are down to a core of regular racers we can think about racing paid content. Multi-class racing is great as well so we can use a slower and a faster car, though I think we need at least 6 cars per class do make it worthwhile.

So here's a suggestion: MX-5 and Cadillac CTS-Vs on Summit Point Raceway. 30-45m of racing. The track is a lot of fun, hard to master but easy to learn. I had some multi-class races on it in the Cadillac Cup and that works fine, there's a long enough straight for the faster cars to pass, a very interesting middle section and that son of a bitch uphill left hander that almost always fucks up your car balance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds pretty good. Maybe even consider swapping out the MX-5 for the Spec Racer or something. That's a pretty fun little car and a nice change of pace from the MX-5 if you're not quite willing to step up to the Cadillac.

Hasn't got much power and is fairly heavy, but it's purpose built so it still feels like a proper race car.

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann: Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. Pretty much everyone hates the MX5, including me, but the Spec racer is actually easier to drive, I think.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By IroN1c

@khann: Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. Pretty much everyone hates the MX5, including me, but the Spec racer is actually easier to drive, I think.

I've never driven the Spec Racer, I just thought about the lowest entry barrier possible since every rookie can just drive the MX-5 under racing conditions in the Mazda Cup and for the Spec Racer Cup you gotta at least have a 3.0 SR, right?. But honestly, I don't care that much about the cars driven as long as we get the most people in there and that they're happy and stay on board for further races. I usually really hate the Skippy but I had fun yesterday regardless.

Also thanks for understanding my post, man what the hell did I even post there. Typing posts that early never goes well :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.