Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

One race for $10,000

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By datarez

This is pretty awesome. In the iRacing NASCAR Drivers World Championship series the 18 race season over the year has come down to 2 points between the top two drivers in the last race, Ray Alfalla and Tyler Hudson. Ray has won the championship the last two seasons. The winner of the championship wins $10,000. One race for all the marbles is kind of the coolest thing. Tuesday 9pm eastern at www.iracing.com/live

I've raced with Tyler before I think, but it was a long time ago. I don't think I've raced with Ray before. I'm kind of rooting for Tyler for nothing else to have a different winner. I haven't watched but a couple of the DWC Oval races this year. I watch most of the DWC Road races and Greger just ran away with that one again.

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

iRacing has become as absurd as EVE. At least this slightly makes more sense.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3 MattyFTM  Moderator

From the title I thought you meant there was a race that cost $10,000 to enter. I know iracing's payment structure is pretty crazy, so for about 5 seconds that made complete sense within my head. I was thinking about how Drew should enter, and claim the money back from CBSi in expenses.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By slowbird

Oh man, I've watched a few of the races this season and I gotta watch this one. Alfalla was leading by a bunch until he had problems in the last two races. I hope it comes down to a pure battle of speed and not a strategy game or bad luck befalling either one of them.

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
    RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

With prizes that large and 1 dude having won several of them, i'd really like to see their at-home racing setup. I have to imagine they invest a chunk of their winnings back into a rig. Are they just racing in full cockpits now?

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By datarez

Ray has posted some videos from in the past. He was racing on 3 27" 120 htz monitors and a G27. I think he was just racing on a desk though. I'll see if I can find it.

Found one:

Loading Video...

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@datarez said:

Ray has posted some videos from in the past. He was racing on 3 27" 120 htz monitors and a G27. I think he was just racing on a desk though. I'll see if I can find it.

Found one:

Loading Video...

Man oh man, that move at 14:15. That's moves that I dream of being able to pull off.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This is amazing. I have never witnessed professional racing in a racing game before. This feels like an actual NASCAR race. My urge to buy a racing wheel and Track IR is at heroine withdrawal levels.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that was entertaining.

That was a big gamble for Ray on the long fuel strategy, too bad it wasn't closer at the end. Tyler was racing it up the whole time trying for the win and I thought he was going to get into a wreck a few times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.