Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

The Giant Bomb Racing League

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jams said:

@riddles said:

@jams said:

Had a terrible race experience on an oval track. I'm pretty sure I didn't hit anyone but definately got hit and over braked a couple of times. I lost .05 on my safety rating and I feel like ass shit now. I think iRacing might be too stressful for me.

I think only losing 0.05 SR counts as a a good rookie oval race! Especially this week when its the really small oval. I got stressed at first too though, but you soon get used to it :)

Thanks. That actually makes me feel better. There were some real aggressive drivers on that course that I had enough trouble just staying on the track and letting them pass (so that they wouldn't slam into me). I did over brake coming in and out turns twice that caused me to spin out but nobody ran into me. The worst part was somebody in the chat saying, "Yeah #15 ran into me to" When I clearly never ran into anybody but was only ever ran into from behind.

First rule of iRacing - Don't listen to dildoes in voice chat.

SeniorBanana80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By SeniorBanana80

How well does this game work with an X360 controller? Is this a race for racing wheel owners? (Don't buy a racing wheel).

Im dumb and iRacing has monthly fee, I'm out. GL All.

hailthesmoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally interested.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

Depending on the break down of members location maybe we could run a Europe and US race schedule separately with races at region suitable times. Then end with one huge EU VS US Showdown.

Just a suggestion though, obviously i have no idea on the breakdown of user numbers and locations so this might not be possible or wanted.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@davvyk said:

Depending on the break down of members location maybe we could run a Europe and US race schedule separately with races at region suitable times. Then end with one huge EU VS US Showdown.

Just a suggestion though, obviously i have no idea on the breakdown of user numbers and locations so this might not be possible or wanted.

I certainly can imagine having a separate race schedule intended mainly for European time zones -- if we have the numbers, it makes the most sense. I think the next test will be 3-5 PM EDT on a Sunday, which would be ~8-10 PM for the UK, so if that gets a decent and separate attendance, we'll know what's up.

Also going to reiterate to everyone in general, especially since referral credits are being devoted to this cause now (and that's awesome, thank user composite because he's awesome), that I am more than happy to set up whatever events you think would be awesome. Any time slot works, since I can designate admins and turn race control over to somebody else without an issue.

Basically, I can make it so that all I am is the shady promoter. I promise not to run through a field and out of town mid-race with the purse.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

@pseg said:

I promise not to run through a field and out of town mid-race with the purse.

You're making iRacing sound like Eve Online ;-)

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@pseg said:

@davvyk said:

I certainly can imagine having a separate race schedule intended mainly for European time zones -- if we have the numbers, it makes the most sense. I think the next test will be 3-5 PM EDT on a Sunday, which would be ~8-10 PM for the UK, so if that gets a decent and separate attendance, we'll know what's up.

Looking forward to that test race, that time is way better :D

composite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am ready to race.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By datarez

I'm going to miss tonight. Fri & Sat nights can be bad for me as I tend to go out. Have fun and burn some rubber though.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget to post a recap of today's race for those who will miss it ;)

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#61  Edited By slowbird

@datarez said:

I'm going to miss tonight. Fri & Sat nights can be bad for me as I tend to go out. Have fun and burn some rubber though.

What is this "go out" you speak of?

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're less than an hour away from our first test race! I don't know when registration will open up -- might be as soon as it starts, or maybe it'll let you join early. This is a learning process!

Anyways, hope a bunch of you are able to make it. I'll try to record a race recap for those of you that can't be there (which will be easier if the race properly ends after 22 laps, and not 60 minutes of racing which I'm hoping is instead a time limit).

mrGREEK360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pseg: filled out the google application and applied to the league. I have real life track experience at Canadian Tire MoSport which is also in iRacing, and TORONTO Motorsports Park - CAYUGA with my STAGE 3 APR 2007 VW GTI MKV. I am using a Logitech G27, so if you can let me in that would be great.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By trace

@mrgreek360: You're in! Sorry about the silent treatment, I had just figured you hadn't been able to fill the extended app out yet and was waiting a few days before I poked you about that.

NOTE TO ALL: If you can't find the test session in league sessions, please check hosted races. I'm still new to this frightening world and may have knocked the race out of league listings with an edit I made. Sorry about that!

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Jams

@pseg I cant see it anywhere

AndrewPerkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@pseg: I can't see it either.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If its in hosted, it wont show up till the server actually goes up. Just have to wait and see.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The race is now up in hosted! Sorry for the confusion! Go go go!

slothlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interested in joining.

Spottty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang. Just missed it! Watching Cars with the kids. Just signed up too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well that was a lot of fun. I had a pretty hilariously bad race. Pulled a 2 second gap at the start then spent the next 3 laps spinning on every second corner. Spent the whole race then catching Bret (not sure of their GB name), spinning out, catching Bret, etc. Think I got 3rd after the leader DCed.

Look forward to the next event. I want to try and get some more races in beforehand this time. This was only my second race back from a 1-2 year break and it sure showed.

morello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the race guys, and thanks to PsEG for arranging it all and putting it on. Shame I didn't convert pole into a win! Or a podium. Or a fastest lap. Lots of fun though! Well done everyone.

fleabeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was fun! even though I crashed before the race even started D: and then hit someone on the last lap, sorry about that!

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By trace

Glad it sounds like everybody who attended had fun! I know I had a lot of fun driving with everyone, and hopefully didn't ruin too many races. We will definitely have to do this again. Almost wondering if I should set up a race next week even though I'm not going to be here.

Like I said in-game, suggestions for different cars/tracks is more than welcome here. I heard a lot of requests to step away from the MX-5, and some requests for the Legends car. There was also a suggestion post-race, but I didn't catch it in detail.

So, in summary:

• Victory slams are hilarious
    • Mr. Trace Evans is a real goof who spins on the pace lap
    • Miatas sure are slippery
    • Wheels sure were getting knocked out of alignment
    • Slowbird sure is murdering his Internet right now, because he totally won that race legit

This link might bring you to the official results, if you have a member account to iRacing.

Final side note, unrelated to the race:

Membership Validation

As far as I can tell, the following members have not filled out the extended application or posted in this thread to prove they are Giant Bomb members:

• Brian M.
    • Justin S.
    • Shane D.

If one of those three is you, you were all accidentally accepted without the necessary proof you belong to Giant Bomb, thanks to a lovely glitch with the league system. I'll make sure all three of you have been contacted through iRacing to provide your information, but please fill out an extended app and post in this thread by the end of next week so that I don't have to remove members under the assumption that they're not "one of us". Thanks!

In addition: @slothlike: You provided an invalid iRacing name on your extended application. I think I know who you are, but if you could either PM me your user name on iRacing or submit a corrected extended app, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann said:

Well that was a lot of fun. I had a pretty hilariously bad race. Pulled a 2 second gap at the start then spent the next 3 laps spinning on every second corner. Spent the whole race then catching Bret (not sure of their GB name), spinning out, catching Bret, etc. Think I got 3rd after the leader DCed.

Look forward to the next event. I want to try and get some more races in beforehand this time. This was only my second race back from a 1-2 year break and it sure showed.

Yeah, that was me. I was waiting for you to catch me, but you never did, thank God :D DID I MENTION I HATE THAT CAR?

Also, your 3rd was legitimate. Slowbird was 4th. He should be faster next time, I guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I don't remember the MX5 being anywhere near that slippery last time I raced it. The lift-off oversteer was ridiculous. I imagine you could dial quite a bit of that out if you weren't racing fixed setup, but yeah, slippery.

Being an open-wheel fan, I'd love to get some Skippy racing happening at some point.

Spottty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Spottty

Just had a random race with Andrew P (I was the guy in the yellow/green MX5). First time I have ever lead a race and man I was nervous. Probably caused my spin.

Ended up 2nd, which compared to my first few races im counting as a first!

Can't wait to see this league up and running. I love racing but none of my friends do so this is perfect.

fleabeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By fleabeard

Here are the race results

Start TimeTrackSeriesHosted Session Name
    2013.08.11 1:00 AM GMTMazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Full CourseHosted iRacingThe Race to Raise Rabies Awareness
    Fin PosDriverStart PosCar #Out IDOutIntervalLaps LedAverage Lap TimeFastest Lap TimeFast Lap#Laps CompInc
    1PsEG4450Running0101:46.101:43.762229
    2SkullcrusherMountain7440Running-54.4001:48.801:46.7172217
    3Khann280Running-57.14001:49.101:44.182232
    4Slowbird3890Running-1 L2001:46.501:44.714216
    5TheeDew5770Running-1 L001:49.301:44.1102132
    6Morello120Running-1 L101:51.401:44.0192120
    7captainduncan13150Running-1 L001:55.101:51.1182120
    8maxx7712130Running-1 L001:56.201:49.8142121
    9SamuraiGarrin11570Running-2 L001:58.001:51.5102033
    10Jams157750Running-2 L001:58.701:52.1182026
    11HayFourZee9110Running-3 L001:58.501:45.981928
    12marcmann214510Running-4 L002:02.001:55.8131833
    13Dark1010Running-6 L002:08.701:51.8111629
    14fleabeard89090Running-6 L002:10.601:52.041639
    15AndrewPerkins61432Disconnected-15 L002:09.201:47.61716

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to do this but. I have my doubts about being able to actually attend cause my schedule sucks.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL RADICAL

:D

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Learned a lot about racing with you guys. Had a lot of fun on that one. Sorry about the wrecks I caused. One guy asked why he hadn't spun out almost the whole race. That's because I was spinning out for the both of us. You're Welcome.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jams: That was me - thanks for taking one of the team :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to do this but. I have my doubts about being able to actually attend cause my schedule sucks.

Well I don't think there's actually any kind of points tally or anything. Just throw your name in and show up when you can.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Woo look at me all down the bottom there. I actually started to keep up when my steering disloged itself to a 15 degree right angle, was like I was doing ovals again.

Man that setup was like ICE, I don't remember them being that loose on the corners at all.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everybody, I just found this Cadillac promotion for 3 months of free iRacing in case you're curious about it but don't want to shell out the big bucks just yet.

https://cadillaccupracing.com/

Only works for new members though.

AndrewPerkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By AndrewPerkins

Well... that was a tough track! It is constantly trying to throw the car off balance. Sorry to whoever was in second early on! We touched when I was trying make a pass into T1 and that caused us to spin. The subsequent collisions really missed up the car and my night was done.

On the bright side, I was able to get into the next MX-5 Cup and took my first victory in that!! Silver linings to everything!

morello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewperkins: That was for the lead actually! I would have given you a little more room, but with that corner whenever I went too off-line I just slid off. You should have got a tow back to the pits, that's what I did and ended up finishing 6th. Well done on the MX-5 Cup win though!

AndrewPerkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morello: I think you gave me enough room. I looked at the replay and I slid out and tagged you... my fault! I should have gotten the tow, you are right. Instead I tried limping back to the pits and after limping back AND the repair time I was already two laps down. When I came back out I couldn't get into a rhythm for some reason. I learned me lesson, though. This morning I did another MX-5 Cup race and after passing for the lead in that one the guy that I was passing turned into me to spin me around (it looks AWEFUL on the replay). I took the tow back to the pits this time and when I got back out I was still on the lead lap and managed a very good sixth.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann said:

Yeah, that was me. I was waiting for you to catch me, but you never did, thank God :D DID I MENTION I HATE THAT CAR?

Also, your 3rd was legitimate. Slowbird was 4th. He should be faster next time, I guess.

stop trolling! :P

In fairness though, PsEG did make up a 22 second gap to be right on my bumper. I'm totally okay with losing to him. The rest of you, though, that's another story :P

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slowbird said:

@skullcrushermountain said:

@khann said:

stop trolling! :P

In fairness though, PsEG did make up a 22 second gap to be right on my bumper. I'm totally okay with losing to him. The rest of you, though, that's another story :P

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

All I know is, that was an amazing pace lap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxx77 said:

Seriously, why was that pace car so damn fast?

AndrewPerkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann said:

@maxx77 said:

It may have seemed fast because there were some people, that were warming their brakes and tires up by speeding up and then NAILING the brakes. I noticed in my mirror this was causing some big gaps to appear and probably caused people to go VERY fast in order to close the gaps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann said:

@maxx77 said:

It may have seemed fast because there were some people, that were warming their brakes and tires up by speeding up and then NAILING the brakes. I noticed in my mirror this was causing some big gaps to appear and probably caused people to go VERY fast in order to close the gaps.

I dunno. I was on the front row with Morello and was having trouble keeping up with the pace car, sticking to the right, and actually staying on the damn track.

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@khann said:

@maxx77 said:

Because he was driving a Mustang and knew it!

morello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the pace car was too quick for comfort with cold tyres, at least around the bends, and especially if you wanted to try and warm the brakes and tyres. Seemed to slow down (too much) up the hill. We should really have just ignored it.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've noticed the pace car speeds before, it's definitely not an isolated incident. I dunno why they set it that fast, but I'm guessing it would be an okay speed for some of the other cars. It just doesn't work out too well for the Mazda.

SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann said:

@andrewperkins said:

@khann said:

@maxx77 said:

I dunno. I was on the front row with Morello and was having trouble keeping up with the pace car, sticking to the right, and actually staying on the damn track.

Yeah man, I was right in the middle, and in 4th gear for the 2nd half of the track. Pretty nuts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.