Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

The Giant Bomb Racing League

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hey guys, don't forget we're racing the Jetta in about 15 minutes! We're racing at Lime Rock this week, so no excuses :D 40 minutes of practise, 5 minutes of qualifying, then we race.

DavyC412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

gonna miss the one today.... might have missed it anyway because i thought it started at 9 instead of 8. really sick, blegh!

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#3253  Edited By slowbird

Okay, I'm lazy and didn't do this for a while, but here are the final manufacturer standings for BOMBCAR! Now, before I show you the results, I should mention that Chevy led for quite a while due to Ironic's mid-season win streak, and had a rather large advantage during that stretch...but also, it's very important to note that Chevy only had TWO cars for the final race, which really hurt them when combined with Ironic's bad finish. And so, without further ado, I present you this chart.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron1c: it's okay this is the only thing Ford will win this year in the entire world, probably :/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IT'S DW12 AT RICHMOND TIME

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's up guys? You need a break? No interest in Jetta/DW12? Is it the tracks? The 4-week "season"? Do I talk too much?

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sorry I missed tonight's DW12 race. I hope it was good despite what sounds like a bad turnout. I can't be home the entire weekend usually, but I at least try to attend two of the weekend races whenever possible. Not sure what's up with everyone else though. If you don't want to buy the Jetta, totally understandable. It's fun but it does cost money. Outside of these four races, I'm not sure when I'll ever drive it again.

The DW12 though... no excuses. Just buy it. You'll love it no matter who you are, I promise. At least when it comes to oval racing. I'm not totally into road course racing it, but on ovals that thing is a beautiful beast. It goes so damn fast and has so much downforce you'll probably never touch the brakes. It's almost like racing in a fantasy game like the Wipeout series. It makes all other cars (besides the F1) seem like they're from a bygone era of racing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a preliminary schedule for FD and GBGT. As you can see, things will be changing a bit for Formula Duder next season, where we'll be running 3 different cars. Any thoughts/ideas are welcome.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann said:

Here's a preliminary schedule for FD and GBGT. As you can see, things will be changing a bit for Formula Duder next season, where we'll be running 3 different cars. Any thoughts/ideas are welcome.

No Caption Provided

I'll be making my announcement on the Meme Motorsports drivers for next season before Suzuka.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3261  Edited By Mouse

I like the schedule; can't argue against anything really. We're at the point now where there has to be some good tracks left out, but I think everything you chose fits pretty well (GBGT is almost completely refreshed; great!). I hope people can understand why FD will have three different cars. We'll have 3 mini-cups running at once and combining for an overall championship. That's going to be great! Each car is really different, so you have to adapt each week if you want to win the championship. It's something different for us and that's needed for our fourth season. I can't wait. :D

I suppose my only thought for a change is possibly the Jetta. We're already doing a cup with it right now, so maybe using the MX-5 instead could be good. I'd like to know what people think of the Jetta, especially since our ongoing cup is having some poor attendance.

Also, since FD might make it difficult to do teams next season, what about doing teams in GBGT? Manufacturer's championship. Naturally, we'd have to have an agreement to pick a car and stick with it all season. Perhaps the top 2 finishers in each car scores points for the team (to make it fair). I'll definitely be in the RUF all season. I'd also suggest maybe not including the Ford GT when/if the GT3 variant releases, simply because it's probably going to be buffed for it's first season, and that's kind of shitty and unfair of iRacing.

Woo! :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse: Yeah, glad you brought that up with the Jetta because I was having similar thoughts myself. I'd be fine with the MX5. It's a fun car to drive and it's free.

As for teams... I like teams. I don't see why we can't have both driver pairings and a manufacturer championship in GBGT. I've decided I'll be on team RUF this season.

At the moment I have no issue with adding the Ford GT when it is available, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Also I totally messed up the dates in that chart. GBGT will be Friday, FD on Sunday.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khann said:

...both driver pairings and a manufacturer championship....I'll be on team RUF this season.

Oh? :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Khann and Mouse gon' tear up the track. (if you're suggesting we should team up)

ConnorPOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3265  Edited By ConnorPOZ

Not a huge fan of the 3 car idea. If thats the case I will probably only be racing in the 3 SM races this season

I would also love to do GBGT but I play hockey on Sundays, oh well, not much can be done about that. just kidding I just saw that GBGT is Fridays. Probably won't compete this season since I've never driven those cars, but that will give me a good goal for next season if I stop doing FD with the car change.

Riley (AtlusChi) and I will be announcing our exciting new team very soon, probably once I figure out which series/ if any we are racing this season.

EDIT FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME: FD is a Sunday so regardless of the car situation I won't be able to attend. All the more reason to start up GBGT!

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regarding FD:

I'm not a big fan of the 3 car setup either - FD was the one continuously successful series we had and it enjoyed some good racing, also since it already has Formula in its name I associate it with open-wheel racing. Also switching every week...I don't think that would be popular. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I'd suspect we would be looking at a similar attendance as the current mini-cups. And if that's the case I won't bother anymore, since it's too frustrating to stay up/get up until 3am for this.

Regarding GT: Sounds way better! Teams! Whoooo! I hate to break the tradition of opening with Daytona but oh well, that's a very minor complaint. Furthermore, I don't like that the last race is a "short" one as the finale, but again, very minor complaint. As for the Ford GT, I don't mind letting it in as sons as it is available. If it's incredibly OP we can balance some ourselves (fuel) and new cars always motivate/get new people. So I'm all for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the fact is that no series is really maintaining popularity as the season progresses. The 3 car idea is an effort to try and negate some of the burnout that happens with a 3 month season by changing things up a bit more often. It also opens up the possibility of someone being better at one car than another, which could give them an opportunity to get a bigger haul of points in a particular car. The championship is still an overall thing.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3268  Edited By slowbird

I think BOMBCAR's schedule will be similar to the previous one, but I need to cut one track (and Charlotte will go from 2 races to 1) so, here's two questions:

Which of the following would you absolutely DEMAND to keep on the schedule?

1. Talladega

2. Darlington

3. Phoenix (we'd run with the cones this time)

Second question...which road course should we race?

1. Keep Watkins Glen!

2. Suzuka East!

3. Sonoma (nobody will pick this but me)

4. Some other road course!

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3269  Edited By Mouse

@slowbird: My votes: Darlington>Phoenix>Talladega and Sonoma/Watkins(cup)>SuzukaE May I request putting the road course in the middle of the season this time (race 5?).

@iron1c: I think FD was popular because of the time slot more than anything. In any case, we'll do this for one season (3 months) and if it doesn't work out then we'll go back to a single car. It's something fresh and different; give it a try! :D

ConnorPOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse: Will bombcar be replacing the FD time slot? And while I'm one of the ones that doesn't like the 3 car idea I agree that it's at least worth trying for a season.

Also something I was thinking, would we ever consider doing something like the Sports Car series with Prototype and GT3 cars? I've also never driven any of those but have started getting into the real life counterpart. The only downside I can think is it might need a pretty solid attendance to work due to the fact that its basically multiple races in one and having only 2 cars in the same class would be no fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connorpoz: BOMBCAR will be in the FD timeslot, on a bit of a trial basis.

And yeah, attendance is the only reason we don't have a prototype/GT series.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, prototypes would be cool someday.

If it were up to me, Formula Duder would use either the Radical or the HPD, because those cars are fast with downforce (like open-wheel cars) but have fenders and are slightly less fragile. But yeah, maybe someday we'll have enough people to do a multi-class race.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slowbird: I bet the Racial would be pretty good for FD. We should run it during one of the break weeks as a little "test" for the following season.

Looks like I will be moving to a new apartment this weekend, so if that happens I won't be racing. Hopefully I'll have everything sorted by this time next week so I don't miss the opening of the season.

Avatar image for thesupernatural
    TheSupernatural

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't be racing Formula Duder if the cars aren't single seaters lol. I might do the SRF races and I'm definitely excited about the SM races, but I'm not spending money on getting the Jetta because it's a car that I don't have the slightest interest in driving.

I'll probably end up focusing more on GBGT this season anyways. Been enjoying the RUF a lot more lately, although that might have to do with getting into the lower splits.

Also, don't we have the Aston Martin coming to GT3 in the next update? That could make things even more interesting

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesupernatural: We might get the Ford GT3 but no Aston Martin. I doubt we'll see those anytime soon.

Anyway, it's a shame people aren't enjoying the Jetta. More reason to go with the MX-5 I guess (since it's free: no reason not to join those races!)

TheSupernatural

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the MX-5 either lol

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3277  Edited By slowbird

HPD! IT'S OPEN-WHEEL IF YOU CRASH HARD ENOUGH :D

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3278  Edited By Mouse

Well it's a good thing I'm not in charge of FD or I'd just cancel the whole thing at this point. No one's happy or willing to try something new. :S

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse: I think we're trying new things left and right all the time and people like the classics. As someone that likes to experiment as well that's kind of disappointing, but I also get where they're coming from. Many people don't put as much time into it as others do, so they like to learn a car and stick with it over several months. Nothing wrong with that, I guess. Also not having a dedicated open-wheel series, even though that was always our main thing? I dunno...

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron1c: So you're saying we should run the Skippy. It's our classic open wheel car. :D

(Star Mazda, Skippy, Spec Racer would be rad, by the way.)

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse: The Skippy had it's two seasons, I'd say we run the SM again. Judging by the comments that were made here, people are still interested. Also we haven't done a full season in the "new-new" Star Mazda yet.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3282  Edited By Mouse

@iron1c said:

Also we haven't done a full season in the "new-new" Star Mazda yet.

That's true, though the Skippy is different/better now as well. Anyway, if we did the same thing again I'd be fine with it. It's up to @khann if he wants to change it, but I think we'd be missing out on some good Spec Racer Ford battling.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mouse said:

... but I think we'd be missing out on some good Spec Racer Ford battling.

Between the 4 of us. Yes. :(

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3284  Edited By Mouse

@iron1c: In our little off-season cups, yep. It's a fun car..

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3285  Edited By IroN1c

@mouse: Not doubting that in any way, just don't think it'll catch on.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3286  Edited By Mouse

@iron1c: That's why I'm a bit upset (just a little). The slower cars have given us some epic battles before; unlike the Star Mazda (by comparison and from my perspective).

In any case, I try not to care as much anymore. I'll just show up and race like usual, whatever the car is. I just hope people show up for BOMBCAR this season.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if people don't want it, we won't do it. Just thought it might be nice to change things up a bit.

If people are happy with the Star Mazda, that's what we'll race. I enjoy the car. We'll have fun either way :D

TheSupernatural

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think the SRF is fun. It's single seater. It's H-pattern. I'd enjoy racing it here and there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, we've got a new thread for next season.

GO HERE

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.