Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

iRacing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 26, 2008

iRacing.com is an online simulation racing game for the PC featuring numerous licensed cars and tracks.

Trading Paints Pro

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has anyone here used Trading Paints' new Pro features yet? My main interest is their "Paint Builder" being right on the site. I'm fine with simple (pre-set) liveries, as long as I can slap my own logos on without having to use Photoshop (or in my case, GIMP). Seems like a nice, quick way to make a layout if it works nicely; since I like changing my paints up often.

Just wondering if it's worth throwing $24 at (as if iRacing itself isn't expensive enough).

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By slowbird

I have Pro but I haven't tried the paint builder yet. I should probably dig into it and see what it can do, but I'm lazy. I actually bought the Pro membership for the feature of different paint schemes for night races and league races, though I don't know if I'll ever use that feature.

Mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that feature is pretty cool too. I enjoy having silly cars for our GB races but don't want to bring them to official races, so it'd be cool to have Trading Paints take care of that for me.

Well, if you give the paint builder a go, let me know how it is!

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By slowbird

I played around with it for a few minutes this morning. It's pretty decent, though complex schemes will be easier in an actual software program. You can load some pre-made graphics and logos that other people have uploaded, scale/rotate/flip them, and change the color. You can also upload your own stuff, though I couldn't find a way to rotate the one I uploaded. It did handle PNG background transparency perfectly though. I think that with time, as more people add designs and stuff to it, it could be really nice for anyone who doesn't have Photoshop and just wants to make a scheme with a bit more custom stuff than the standard iRacing designs.

DavyC412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DavyC412

its a little glitchy at the moment. tried it with a jetta base that i uploaded in 2048 and it exported it in 1024. havent tried it since then though, and the problem might be jetta specific. at the moment there isnt a ton of resources for the paint builder, but i imagine that will change over time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.