Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Iron Brigade

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 22, 2011

Described as "a game about love," Iron Brigade is a goofy alternate-historical WW1-themed third-person shooter/tower defense mash-up where up to four players take control of hulking bipedal tanks and must endure swarms of television-based robots.

PC version broken - "Scrap Stutter" phenomenon

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By galiant

I had a great time playing Iron Brigade on PC at first, it really is a great game.

However, after playing for a random period of time (single- or multiplayer) my game started to stutter. Every time an enemy dies or any player picks up a piece of scrap, the game pauses for a fraction of a second. It makes the game almost unplayable.

Restarting the game solves the problem for a while, but it always returns.

It's apparently very common, even on high end PC's. Double Fine are aware of the problem (looking at the Steam forums) but have as of today not found a solution yet.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, this is the current state of the PC version. I really hope that they'll patch it soon because the game is a lot of fun when it works!

iconsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iconsam

Thanks for posting about this. Anyone else seeing this problem? I'd like to know before I decide to buy it.

TheJappernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheJappernaut

I haven't encountered it yet. I did encounter a weird bug when I was playing with a laser weapon. Sometimes when I shot some enemies with the laser a really loud annoying sound started and kept going for about a minute and adjusting the volume didn't help. I haven't played the game since so I don't know if I still have this problem and I haven't really seen anyone else talk about it so it might just be me. Then again I probably won't be using the laser anymore cause it wasn't that good.

But thanks for the post, I definitly hope they patch it because this game is fantastic.

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Czarpyotr

I'm having the same problem. It's all over the steam user forums. Happening to all my friends that bought it too.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By The_Nubster

I was going to buy it, but I think I'll wait until this bug gets ironed (eh, eh?!) out.

Grnd_Lb_Knt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Grnd_Lb_Knt

sounds like a memory leak - here's hoping they find it

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By envane

im not getting that stutter , i just get random issues with the game runnign TOO fast despite havign vsync .. looks like its just skipping frames at times , pretty much the opposite of what you described

DweezilX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DweezilX

My friend and I both suffer from this and have decided to shelve Trenched until it gets fixed, personally no big deal because I have other stuff to play. Hopefully the fix is sooner rather than later and can fix this issue as the game looks and runs great (when you aren't picking up scrap).

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By glyn

@Grnd_Lb_Knt said:

sounds like a memory leak - here's hoping they find it

Memoryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy leak (inside fans joke)

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Lukeweizer

I've played the game for 18 hours and never encountered this. I've had issues with matchmaking, but same stuff that was on the Xbox version.

TheJappernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheJappernaut

I've finally encounter this during survival, definitely very annoying. Hope they find a fix soon.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grillbar

i had no problems with the game. well i had some issues with playing multiplayer games. but it looked more like latency issues. and once a small bug where my player name was wrong while searching for other players and only one could join, i could not stop the search or select map. but after a few min it fixed itself .

granted i have only played it for 15 hours and only twice in survival where we only got to lvl 15 but still

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Humanity

@The_Nubster said:

I was going to buy it, but I think I'll wait until this bug gets ironed (eh, eh?!) out.

Someone give this man a medal right now!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.