Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Iron Brigade

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 22, 2011

Described as "a game about love," Iron Brigade is a goofy alternate-historical WW1-themed third-person shooter/tower defense mash-up where up to four players take control of hulking bipedal tanks and must endure swarms of television-based robots.

Total xbox lock up on boss level of mars

Warspite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Warspite

Anybody elses xbox completely locking up on the final stage of the martian bear DLC?

I'm deleting the game now and going to reinstall to see if that fixes it.

m1m1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By m1m1c

Hey any news on whether the games working for you?

I'm asking because after playing the trial four times (the most recent time just a few days ago), I finally decided to get Iron Brigade, so i buy it then start the tutorial, it gets no more than a 45 seconds in before the screen freezes, then the entire game freezes a few seconds after that and i have to turn off my xbox, not a thrilling start really, having played the trial to completion 4 time with no problems, i tried playing it offline, offline without the RotMB update, without the hardrive in, tried moving all the stuff between the hard drive and my usb stick and playing it on each, all of them have the same problem.

Really annoying, cause i'm not a fan of buying games that seem to work fine on my console only to find that i cannot actually play them.

(just deleted and re-downloading the game now and hoping for the best...)

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RazielCuts

wasn't there a thread already about this?

m1m1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By m1m1c

Do you know where or what this thread might be called?

I have now, after reinstalling the game for a second time and disconnecting before going into the game to avoid the update, been able to do the tutorial level, and got maybe halfway through the first level where they introduce emplacements.

Update: I have been able to complete four levels, though i've probably played 10, if i want to have a chance at being able to play a whole level then it seems that i need to delete the game and reinstall it every time i want to try another level again.

Warspite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Warspite

@Warspite said:

Anybody elses xbox completely locking up on the final stage of the martian bear DLC?

I'm deleting the game now and going to reinstall to see if that fixes it.

After reinstalling i was able to beat the final boss level. However, going through it a seond time to try and get silver/gold medal it's locking up again. I think it may have to do with the number of tubes on the screen, but to get a good time you have to ignore them for the most part. Definetely seems like a resource depletion issue.

guyver0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By guyver0

there was something on the double fine forums about them knowing about this but there's a delay on a fix.

Warspite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Warspite

@Guyver0yk said:

there was something on the double fine forums about them knowing about this but there's a delay on a fix.

Whats weird is if it play it co-op, doesnt lock up at all. Me and my friend played the final level 20 times last night and not one lockup. If i play it single player, locked up 3 out of 4 times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.