Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Isometric Viewpoint

Concept »

A parallel projection technique used in 2D sprite-based games to fake the appearance of 3D depth.

Some of these games are not isometic...

HTTenrai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By HTTenrai

Looking at these titles off the top of my head, I'm seeing quite a few that are not truly isometric: Diablo III, Command & Conquer III, Rome: Total War, Warcraft 1 & 2, Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Some of those are rendered in 3D, and are therefore not eligible as isometric, and others are just "three-quarters down" overhead viewpoints.

For a better idea of what actually qualifies as isometric, see here.

vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By vaultboy

You could just go in and remove the ones that shouldn't be in there.

Smersh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Smersh

New concept :

The Dismantler

Attaches anything and everything to as many games as possible (regardless of relevance) to win the points race and in turn become a site moderator with free reign on editting GB therefore dismantling 'The Bomb' and ruin an otherwise steller website.

Ps. Concept or Character..?
    Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#4  Edited By Brackynews
    HTTenrai said:
    "Looking at these titles off the top of my head, I'm seeing quite a few that are not truly isometric: Diablo III, Command & Conquer III, Rome: Total War, Warcraft 1 & 2, Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Some of those are rendered in 3D, and are therefore not eligible as isometric, and others are just "three-quarters down" overhead viewpoints.
    True enough, but I don't think pages called Orthographic and Oblique perspective are the way to go either, at GB.  If you want that kind of granularity I doubt the video game references are going to disappear from Wikipedia any time soon. :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Isometric_video_games

-B

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.