Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

It Takes Two

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 26, 2021

A co-op platform adventure from Hazelight.

YouTube scheduled quick look

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

Quite excited to play this game, really enjoyed playing A Way Out co-op despite some flaws. I just noticed that there's a QL Live scheduled for today (24/3/21) at 5pm (UK time) according to YouTube.

It's odd that it's not on the release schedule on the front page, but thought I'd flag it up for anyone else curious when a QL would be coming.

Avatar image for davesavedtheday
    davesavedtheday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Very very curious about this after seeing some of the documentation coming out this morning!

mrcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like the reviews are pretty glowing. That makes me so happy. Finally another good coop game!

roytheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is reviewing way higher than I expected. Looking forward to the quick look!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Looks alright. The premise isn't really for me, but let me know when they make a sci-fi one of those and I might check it out. Josef Fares still seems like a huge idiot though.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have echo what Alex said at the beginning of the stream. I had parents who did not belong together, but decided to stay together until us kids had grown up and left the house. And despite what must have been a tremendous sacrifice on their part, I gotta say that was the wrong thing to do and everybody in the family would have been happier elsewhere. The kids may not see it that way, but kids are generally stupid and their opinion should not be given too much weight on such an important decision.

So seeing that stuff on popular culture where marriage is treated as something that needs to be saved at all cost rubs me the wrong way. A movie like Mrs Doubtfire for example feels more like a horror movie, seeing it now as a grown-up.

franzlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

From the beginning of the quick look, the setup almost seemed ripe for a "sike, we're actually deconstructing this setup instead"-style plot twist at some point in the back third or so of the story, considering the parents literally become dolls/playthings, and frequently state how warped/altered the world around them appears. But then at the same time its completely undercut by the game's constant "it takes two" imagery (granted, it is a co-op game, but still) paired with the two parents... quickly getting along just fine? It seems really strange, both from a larger narrative perspective and a more moment-to-moment character interaction perspective, and I'm not sure if the things I picked up on were accurate or totally accidental and it will just go where everything else about it seems to be pointing.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By glots

I'm not playing it, but having watched other people do, the gameplay seems to make up for the not-so-great story, which also seemed to be what most reviews thought. Unless the story becomes somehow completely awful by the end, I think I'd be very happy to tolerate it for an enjoyable 10 hour co-op campaign, as those aren't exactly that common in video games these days.

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played the first 3-4 hours of the game now and I'm super impressed. There's some real creativity in the way it gets the two players to work together to solve problems. The story seems a little basic but is ripe for turning expectations on their head.

Shout out to the developer/publisher for allowing two people to play with one copy. I don't know if that was always the plan or if it became the plan when the pandemic meant lots of people wouldn't be able to couch co-op, but it makes it much easier to recommend.

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rahulricky: They did the same thing for their previous game, A Way Out, so no it wasn't because of the pandemic.

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peffy: good point, well made. I forgot about that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.