Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

J-Stars Victory Vs

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 19, 2014

J-Stars Victory Vs is a fighting game celebrating Shonen Jump's longevity.

New screenshots and artwork

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    No Caption Provided

The presumed next iteration in the Jump Super Stars series, so far, the characters that have been confirmed are the three main characters from One Piece (Monkey D. Luffy), Dragon Ball Z (Goku) and Toriko (Toriko). Also, Naruto can be seen in one of the released screenshots, so he's there too.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Naruto can be seen behind Toriko
    Naruto can be seen behind Toriko

I really enjoyed the Jump Super Star games and this certainly looks promising. But, yo, this won't be coming out in North America or Europe or anywhere that isn't Japan so you best be ready to import if you want to experience the madness for yourself. Good thing it's coming out for the PS Vita and PS3.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By jacksukeru

Jump Ultimate Stars was my gateway drug to importing games and also some older Jump anime, thank Jeff that the PS3 is region free.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@JackSukeru said:

thank Jeff that the PS3 is region free.

Unless they pull a Persona 4 Arena... though they'd really have absolutely no reason to and let's just hope P4A was the one and only outlier for the rest of this generation.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By jacksukeru

@FluxWaveZ: Yeah, wasn't P4A a countermeasure taken to prevent reverse importing? Without even an official European or American version of the game I don't think we've anything to fear.

Speaking of P4A, still looking forward to playing that.....

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

@FluxWaveZ said:

@JackSukeru said:

thank Jeff that the PS3 is region free.

Unless they pull a Persona 4 Arena... though they'd really have absolutely no reason to and let's just hope P4A was the one and only outlier for the rest of this generation.

What happened with P4A?

Also, I don't really care much for anime, but those are some damn great looking screenshots. That game looks kinda exciting. If it ends up pulling a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and releasing outside of Japan to everyone's amazement I might have to look way more into this.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Snail said:

What happened with P4A?

Also, I don't really care much for anime, but those are some damn great looking screenshots. That game looks kinda exciting. If it ends up pulling a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and releasing outside of Japan to everyone's amazement I might have to look way more into this.

What happened with P4A is kind of a long story, but in short it's the first ever region locked PS3 game.

Also, this wouldn't be the same as pulling a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. This would be such a licensing nightmare, one that would probably not even be worth it for a western audience. If the DS games didn't get localized or released here, there's no way this is doing it.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Bocam

I am only getting this if Medaka Box characters are in it.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Bocam: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaas if.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TobbRobb

@Bocam said:

I am only getting this if Medaka Box characters are in it.

This is a good criteria, I will follow this idea.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Holy shit is Goku hadoukening a Mosque?

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Sucks that they're getting rid of the great pixel art look. Seems like it could be a great game, but unlike JUS, I'll probably never play this.

Also never heard of Toriko, but he looks like a palette swap Kenshiro, also Medaka Box (from the anime, don't know the manga) is pretty damn terrible/boring/generic.

ShrimpDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By ShrimpDino

I'm looking forward for this game :D

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By apathylad

Oh, neat. I'd definitely be interested in seeing all the characters in action, even if I don't buy the game.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By rubberluffy

It's a shame CyberConnect2's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure game might cause issues with anyone from Parts 1-6 (when it was still Weekly Jump) showing up in this. I hope not, who knows how that stuff works out over there. Not too mention they would further complicate any US release because of character/ability names.

@Dan_CiTi said:

Sucks that they're getting rid of the great pixel art look. Seems like it could be a great game, but unlike JUS, I'll probably never play this.

Also never heard of Toriko, but he looks like a palette swap Kenshiro, also Medaka Box (from the anime, don't know the manga) is pretty damn terrible/boring/generic.

Toriko is pretty much Dragonball + Fist of the North Star + food. Super strong dudes hunting down the finest ingredients to make the finest meals.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.