In the movie Big Trouble in Little China Jack Burton is an self employed truck driver, who has quite an attachment to his truck: "The Porkchop Express."
After arriving in San Fransisco's Chinatown District, he meets up with his old friend Wang Chi. Wang loses a bet to Jack of $1148 (x 2) and convinces Jack to accompany him to the airport, to pick up Wang's girlfriend, Miao Yin.
Miao Yin is kidnapped by a Chinese street gang, the Lords of Death, with the intention of selling her as a sex slave. Jack and Wang find out she has been sold to the Wing Kong, revealed to be under the command of a 2000-year-old evil spirit named Lo Pan. Lo Pan needs to marry a special Chinese girl with green eyes to become flesh and take over the world, and Miao Yin happens to fit the bill.
To rescue her and later Jack's love interest Gracie Law they go into Chinatown's underground and battle an 2,000 year old sorcerer Lo Pan and his henchmen "The Three Storms." After many trials and tribulations The Three Storms are defeated, and Jack Burton kills Lo Pan by catching a knife thrown at him and tossing it back at Lo Pan. Striking him in the forehead and saying his famous quote, "It's all in the reflexes."
Later Jack leaves San Fransisco and while he is talking into his CB, an monster from Lo Pan's lair is seen hiding under his truck.
Jack Burton has only stared in the game based on the film Big Trouble in Little China. Jack is one of three playable Protagonists along with his friend Wang Chi, and Sorcerer Egg Shen. The game is a side-scrolling beat em' up.
- "It's all in the reflexes"
- "Ol' Jack always says...what the hell?"
- "Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president."
- "When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
- "I just feel kind of... feel kind of invincible."