Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jackbox Games

Company »

Now known as Jackbox Games, the company formerly known as Jellyvision is a game development company best known for "You Don't Know Jack" games.

New Jackbox games announced. Out this year.

j_unit2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By j_unit2008

It looks like Jackbox games are already back at it with two games. They announced The Jackbox Party Pack 3 as well as Drawful 2.

http://jackboxgames.com/2016/03/to-no-ones-surprise-the-jackbox-party-pack-3-coming-in-autumn-2016/

Drawful 2 will be out this spring as a standalone title while TJPP3 will be out in the fall. I personally didn't find last year's TJPP2 quite as good as the original (with the exception of the wonderful Quiplash), but as a whole they remain my go to party games when friends visit. I'm definitely excited for these and will be picking them up when the time comes.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The last one was awful, i dont have high hopes. But hey more drawful!

Cameron_Friend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to play more Drawful! However, I feel like launching another separate game is a missed opportunity. I'd much rather have this released as DLC for the original Party Pack.

icesurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wish they would offer all of these as DLCs for a Jackbox Party Pack service, with new games every few months, instead of doing these yearly releases. I guess people just wouldn't buy the crappy games lol.

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Picky_Bugger

These thing are pretty fun but I hope they don't play this new one week after week on UPF.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope one of the games is a new YDKJ. I was a bit disappointed when JBPP2 didn't have one.

JauntyHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was REALLY disappointed at the lack of Drawful in Party Pack 2... Overall I was fairly underwhelmed with 2, as seems the be the general consensus. Hopefully Drawful2 is just as fun, if not better, than the first one. Iunno if I'm willing to pay $20.00+ for it though

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bwheeeler

Drawful is so good. Hope it comes out sooner than later.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for more drawful!

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want more Fibbage.

j_unit2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jauntyhat: If last year's Quiplash is any indication of price, it should be somewhere around $10.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By BisonHero

I would probably just buy Drawful 2 standalone and skip Jackbox Party Pack 3 entirely. I don't really have any faith in the Jackbox designers to consistently make fun party games after Jackbox Party Pack 2. Even Jackbox Party Pack 1 is only half good, but it turns out that Fibbage and Drawful are REALLY good.

I mean, on some level I hope they continue experimenting in case they strike gold again, but I really think the only good things they've made in these collections are Fibbage, Drawful, and Quiplash. You Don't Know Jack is a fun trivia game, but is also a nightmare to play with everyone's phones because the latency is atrocious, and the Jack Attack at the end is wildly unfair depending on whose phone more consistently has lower latency and allows them to buzz in first (this has repeatedly happened).

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I'm perfectly fine with just getting a standalone release of Drawful 2. It not being included in JPP2 hurt that game immensely in my opinion (and Bid-something was just bad).

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Hopefully the scoring system in these games isn't as wildly broken as in some of the last ones.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I'll get Drawful 2 on its own. All I really want is more YDKJ, Drawful and Fibbage as that's all we play of the First Party Pack anyway and the 2nd party pack looked not fantastic.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mrcraggle

I wish they'd just make a package that contained all of the games that you could buy piece meal instead of what they have now that way you can skip out on the bad ones. Basically Pinball FX but you know, party games.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I reaaaaally can't wait for more Drawful. Jackbox Party Pack 2 really missed it, but it's still a go-to thanks to Quiplash, more Fibbage and the game where you choose sounds - which can be great sometimes, but is certainly more hit and miss.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Jackbox Party Pack 2 was underwhelming, so I don't have the highest expectations for the third one. (Bidiots stands out in my mind as a game that totally misses the point of why people liked Drawful on top of being too complicated for what should be a dumb party game) but I'll totally be down for an affordably priced Drawful 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.