A Compelling Design Essayist

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By nintendoeats

I received my new issue of Game Developer last week, and since I haven't found much of interest in the magazine so far I let it sit on my floor. I finally popped it open while cleaning, and found an article by our friend Jaime about achievements that more or less summed up exactly how I have felt about them. Unfortunately I can't link directly to it because they charge to read articles online, but I CAN say that this fellows website is something special. He has a lot of really interesting ideas about game design, ranging from technical stuff about balance to the more broad (but no less technical) topic of player experience.

If you are interested in game design I highly recommend checking it out.

Also, this guy was a project lead for Halo. So that should be enough for someone.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

This is good stuff. Thanks for the link Nintendo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.