Get Jared back on the Bombcast!

Dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I've been listening to some old Bombcasts, and I cam across the few episodes back in 2009 when Jared Rea guested. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed his presence on the podcast. He's funny, knowledgeable, and has some great banter with the Bombcast regulars (I particularly love his enthusiasm for Lisa Frank Trapper Keepers). I miss that guy! I wish they would bring him on as a guest again! I know he was a pretty frequent guest on the Powerbombcast, but seeing as I have absolutely no interest in wrestling...I'm not going to listen to those haha. Anyone else think it would be great if they could get Jared back on the Bombcast sometime?

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I love Jared. He hasn't been on a Powerbombcast for a very long time so I don't know what he's up to. I hope he's okay!

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

PUSH JR!

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He's fantastic on the March 29th 2011 Podcast as well. He's so good I haven't forgotten that date.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He works for Nintendo now. We all know what happens when Nintendo staff go on podcasts.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I second this motion.

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By bed

@drebin_893 said:

I love Jared. He hasn't been on a Powerbombcast for a very long time so I don't know what he's up to. I hope he's okay!

If I remember right, he said that since he works at Nintendo, he stopped appearing on the Powerbombcast so there isn't a conflict of interest since Giant Bomb is still technically a video game website. I think he posted it on Twitter somewhere, but he wants to be more behind the scenes now.

Jared is my favorite, though. I'd love to see him anywhere on Giant Bomb again.

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 alex  Staff

We'd gladly have him back any time, but right now his professional responsibilities prevent him from appearing on our shows.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BisonHero

@alex: Let him know we miss him and we love him! And that Jackie Chan: Fists of Fire will always have a special place in my heart.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

S @mister_v said:

He works for Nintendo now. We all know what happens when Nintendo staff go on podcasts.

Say it isn't so!!!!

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alex: It's pretty remarkable what people have gotten away with on your shows without getting fired as it is.

Dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Late reply lol. I wasn't aware of that, and while that's a bummer, it totally makes sense.

@alex said:

We'd gladly have him back any time, but right now his professional responsibilities prevent him from appearing on our shows.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.