Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

JASF: Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

The first game to bear the Jane name in a decade, discarding the realism of the original Jane's Combat Simulation titles.

Just showed up on Steam

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By STUVNING

Anyone played this, worth the 19.99 EUR (25 USD)? It looks a bit cheap but being a huge Ace Combat fan I got a bit interested.

smiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By smiddy

I'm by no means an expert, but the Jane's series of flight games are highly respected and well known as being hardcore flight simulations.

Like you I'm a huge fan of Ace Combat, which I why I'll say, don't expect this to be anything like it. Ace Combat is very much an arcade flight game, this (or the past games at least) is a simulation.

Hopefully Dave, Drew and Vinny will give this a Quick Look, since they've been digging deep into flight games recently. In the Quick Look of Microsoft Flight I think they even mentioned that they wanted to see a new Jane's game, which means they were probably completely unaware of this.

EDIT: The more footage I watch of this, the more it looks like an arcade flight game. It could be similar to Ace Combat after all. Need to keep an eye on this.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Yeah, this is as far as I've been able to tell not related at all to EA's Jane's Combat Simulations series, they only share the Jane's license. As someone who rather enjoys both arcadey and hardcore flight sims it might be fun either way - unless the game is broken, which Deep Silver published games have had a history of being (never seen anything else by the developer Trickstar Games).
    The near total silence regarding the other releases of this game (it's apparently been out since November on other platforms and PC retail) might not bode well though.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

@fisk0 said:

Yeah, this is as far as I've been able to tell not related at all to EA's Jane's Combat Simulations series, they only share the Jane's license. As someone who rather enjoys both arcadey and hardcore flight sims it might be fun either way - unless the game is broken, which Deep Silver published games have had a history of being (never seen anything else by the developer Trickstar Games). The near total silence regarding the other releases of this game (it's apparently been out since November on other platforms and PC retail) might not bode well though.

Yeah, the fact that they conspicuously dropped the word "Simulations" from the title seems similar to how they conspicuously dropped "Simulator" from Microsoft Flight Simulator.

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By STUVNING

I'll be buying it under the pretense that I'll be posting my opinions here later (I actually just want to play around with the A10).

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By selbie

The 'GB Flight Club' mentioned Jane's recently. No doubt they will give this one a look.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.