Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jason Rohrer

Person » credited in 14 games

Jason Rohrer is an independent game designer, programmer, musician, and author.

The Slippery Slope of Video Game Sales

Johnyliltoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cocyx said:

@patrickklepek said:

The fact that some folks are taking this so personally is really surprising to me.

GAMER CULTURE

Correction: Vocal Gamer Cultrue

There are plenty of gamers that engage in quite discussions who are less emotionally involved in the details of development like this. It's the vocal minority that tends to get more up in arms and set this unfavorable standard of rage.

Swiftopian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I get what he's saying, I really do. I have bought a lot of games on sale, including retail console games and digital games on Steam or with PS Plus discounts, and I am probably never going to have time to even play most of them. Also because I have so many, I feel like I should be starting another one instead of replaying one immediately after finishing. So I understand his thinking, but c'mon son...GET PAID.

fallen_rock2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought this guy's game yesterday. My issue isn't with a lack of sales, I want my money back.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the kind of bullshit that makes people hate developers and publishers. It's just another douchebag with ample amounts of money trying to convince those that are less fortunate that a system that allows them to more easily and consistently enjoy what they love should be done away with completely, because, contrary to reality, it somehow hurts games, gamers, and the games industry as a whole. It's like saying that sales at major retailers like Target, Wal-Mart, Sears, etc. somehow hurts the department store industry, when in fact, it boosts sales, interest, and awareness of more products, which almost guarantees those people will be back to buy things other than just the necessities that they may have only been there to buy in the first place. This guy needs a reality check, because his whole premise of "game sales=bad" trespasses so blatantly on the territory of demonstrable fact that even calling it an opinion is categorically wrong in every respect.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.