Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jeff Gerstmann

Person » credited in 4 games

Jeff Gerstmann is the co-founder and former Editor-in-Chief of Giant Bomb as well as a professional video game scientist and anime expert.

Mr.Jeff Gerstmann Played a Video Game

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Jeff Streamed some weird free 2 play ps4 Japanese game, i managed to record some of it since ps4 does not archive on twitch. I wish i had recorded it from the beginning but i was in AWE watching a grown man playing this in frustration. ps4 live stream quality not that great.

UpSkirts? Jeff No Like

No Caption Provided

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PS4 camera makes for the perfect creeper cam.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

And Jeff makes the perfect creeper, it's fantastic

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

Secretly he's really into it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wait, was that even a game?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, was that even a game?

i have no clue the only time he was actually "playing the game" was when he was violently shaking the controllers.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

..........this type of pandering is why japan lost the casual market. My gf and I grew up with FF and dragon quest, everyone we knew growing up played some type of games. Now, when you talk to people about games in japan, there is always a talk about how creepy games are now. It is a pretty sad state of affair and while I seeing nothing wrong with otakus, STOP FUCKING PANDERING TO OTAKU.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjin977: Lol Hostess clubs are nothing creepy and this goes for male and female hostess clubs. Japanese business people (male or female) just want to have a nice time there. These clubs are not about sex they are about having fun and spending tons of money^^

As for the game: I thin it was just a demo and not the full game. This game is a Ps4 launchtitle in Japan and it is basically a dating sim.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@shinjin977: Lol Hostess clubs are nothing creepy and this goes for male and female hostess clubs. Japanese business people (male or female) just want to have a nice time there. These clubs are not about sex they are about having fun and spending tons of money^^

That.. kinda makes them sound.. you know.. creepy?!

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick look imminent.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Nodima
    Loading Video...

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The amount of head-shaking per minute is off the charts!

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Darji

@darji said:

So spending money is now creepy? People who are visiting these clubs are people who have no time in their busy working life to get involved in relationship drama. They just want to talk to the other gender to have a fun time. Nothing else. And basically you do not pay for the woman but rather you pay more for the drinks and food while talking to someone. It maybe creepy for you or western people in general but it is a cultural difference. nothing else.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#15  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Welp, this will make for a fantastic quick look.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bigjeffrey

@theblue said:

Quick look imminent.

Aw shit, this is gonna be great.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vuud

Living

The

Dream

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#18  Edited By Danteveli

@darji said:

@superfriend said:

@darji said:

So spending money is now creepy? People who are visiting these clubs are people who have no time in their busy working life to get involved in relationship drama. They just want to talk to the other gender to have a fun time. Nothing else. And basically you do not pay for the woman but rather you pay more for the drinks and food while talking to someone. It maybe creepy for you or western people in general but it is a cultural difference. nothing else.

As a person from west that went to couple of that type places with my Asian friends I have to say its supper creepy and uncomfortable for me. But then again I completely don't understand Japanese sex business and the way that stuff works for people. Ah and cultural difference doesn't make the way a lot of people act in that type of place less gross.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BisonHero
    chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By chrissedoff

@nodima: Whoa, that's a sweet Expos hat! Bud Selig needs to let Montreal have their team back. Their gear looked so damn good.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Humanity

@bisonhero said:

@mb said:

This sounds like a dude claiming he primarily goes to strip clubs for the $20 per glass Champale.

Nah dude, you don't understand, I just like to go places and chat to women who give me hollow compliments, who are doing so only because they are making an exorbitant amount of money just for standing around and forcibly being pleasant.

I actually saw a really fascinating movie about the male version of this in Japan where these guys pretty themselves up and entertain business ladies and college girls. It's a lot of hard work, they're basically partying non-stop for like 12 hours. They need to talk the clients into ordering a lot of expensive drinks and food. Very often they have to vomit all the alcohol up in the back just so they can keep going through the night. They all looked completely wrecked at the end of a shift - it was really fascinating.

The Great Happiness Space - this is the movie and I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix instant streaming where I saw it several years ago if anyone is interested.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, in a perverse way, these hostess club games are doing a public service in Japan. Why go to hostess clubs and spend millions of yen when you can just buy this game and get pretty much the same experience of hollow interaction? These games are saving people y'all.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@superfriend said:

@darji said:

Yeah no. They're all about sex. You don't have to look far to find this out: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/9524899/The-grim-truth-about-life-as-a-Japanese-hostess.html

Seriously, a businessman drops a whole bunch of money to have cute girls fawn over him and you don't think at least one of them is going to give it up for a little bit of extra cash? Yeah, technically they don't have to, but many of them do. And the ones that don't are often pressured into doing so, or just quitting. You're horribly naive if you think that patrons of these places "just want to talk to the other gender to have a fun time".

I live in East Asia, this kind of soft prostitution is everywhere.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@superfriend said:

@darji said:

Yeah no. They're all about sex. You don't have to look far to find this out: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/9524899/The-grim-truth-about-life-as-a-Japanese-hostess.html

Seriously, a businessman drops a whole bunch of money to have cute girls fawn over him and you don't think at least one of them is going to give it up for a little bit of extra cash? Yeah, technically they don't have to, but many of them do. And the ones that don't are often pressured into doing so, or just quitting. You're horribly naive if you think that patrons of these places "just want to talk to the other gender to have a fun time".

I live in East Asia, this kind of soft prostitution is everywhere.

This is accurate. I lived in Thailand, Hong Kong and japan. The water business (its the polite way of saying the sex trade) is pretty rampant over here, from soapland, massage parlor, bath houses or even "personal tutor". Hell, a lot of sons from powerful family would get send to "life coach" when they come of age, basically high class/highly skilled prostitute to teach them about sex. Host and hostess are pretty tame by comparison.

Also, I was more talking about in japanese dev effort to cater to otakus, they alienate a lot of audience and we have the current japanese gaming scene today.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.