Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jeff Gerstmann

Person » credited in 4 games

Jeff Gerstmann is the co-founder and former Editor-in-Chief of Giant Bomb as well as a professional video game scientist and anime expert.

Will the Points Report ever return?

mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mandeponium
    Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kohe321

That would be cool if he has time. I bet he is pretty busy working on this site now, though, so we'll see.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'd like to see it return, however I hope he changes the the format up a bit. There was something kind of creepy about watching a video of a dude talking to a webcam alone in a dark room. No offense or anything, Jeff.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By BlindEffekt

Id like to see it make a return :D

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#5  Edited By Soap
    BlindEffekt said:
    "Id like to see it make a return :D"
    Only on the condition we can have someone in the background again, I seem to remember one with Alex doing something in the background lol
    SamChamploo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SamChamploo
    Live by the report, die by the report.
    Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jothel

I don't think so, he said in a podcast a little bit ago that this site is kinda his points report. that was because he just talks about random games and stuff in his reports which he does here. No idea which podcast it was thpugh

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By jimbo_n
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "I'd like to see it return, however I hope he changes the the format up a bit. There was something kind of creepy about watching a video of a dude talking to a webcam alone in a dark room. No offense or anything, Jeff."
    I totally disagree with you. Jeffs points reports SHOULD be in his bedroom with only him and his camera. The laid back, relaxed style was what really MADE those reports. If you start "mixing it up" with more people or another "scenery" it wont be as up close and personal which was the whole point with them. If you think a room and a guy is "creepy" you must have had a tough childhood dude ;)
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By StaticFalconar

I dont believe the points report will ever be back. On the regular Bombcast, there already is a section of games they are currently playing and Jeff gives his thoughts on them much like he would in his points report. If you really want to know his current points, you can just check it up yourself. (that really is the only thing different from the bombcast to the points report).

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'd like to see it back, or at least incorporated somehow into the Bombcast. Like StaticFalconar said, it is basically the part where the team mention what they're playing, but something mentioning about the points they have from playing would be nice. I don't know why but I like knowing other people care about their achievements as much as I begrudgingly do.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#11  Edited By ManMadeGod

I think they should just add a mini section to the bombcast where all 4 of them can talk about what points they unlocked over the past week.
    Even if they do that I'm still going to miss the old fashion reports :(

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By seanbooker

I would love to see them back, watching umteen episodes late into the night was always great. I even did prefer the short ones that were around 10 minutes. I wanna know what he thinks about crappy games' achievements!

jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By jangofett88
    Jothel said:
    "I don't think so, he said in a podcast a little bit ago that this site is kinda his points report. that was because he just talks about random games and stuff in his reports which he does here. No idea which podcast it was thpugh"
    I recall that too. He said that was a means for him to freely give his honest opinion about games without 'The Man' controlling what he can or can't say. Now he has a whole site in which he can do that. But those were good times when he was just sitting in a dark room, the TV on in the background....pure bliss.
    Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Lemegeton

i remember watching that vid and totally geeking out. I was always a big fan of Carrie

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By seanbooker
    jangofett88 said:
    "Jothel said:
    "I don't think so, he said in a podcast a little bit ago that this site is kinda his points report. that was because he just talks about random games and stuff in his reports which he does here. No idea which podcast it was thpugh"
    I recall that too. He said that was a means for him to freely give his honest opinion about games without 'The Man' controlling what he can or can't say. Now he has a whole site in which he can do that. But those were good times when he was just sitting in a dark room, the TV on in the background....pure bliss."
    Which is good and all, but I'd like more videos and I loved hearing his opinion on achievements for specific games.
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By zyn
    TJUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The points reports on Gamespot don't appear to play anymore. Does anyone know if they're archived anywhere else?

pixelfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjuk: A lot of them are on Vimeo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.