Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jet Set Radio

Franchise »

Jet Set Radio is an unconventional platforming roller-skating series that involves the player in creating graffiti on key locations throughout a futuristic and lavishly designed Tokyo. It is also the first video game to feature cel-shaded graphics.

I Made A List!

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Edited By Tylea002

Games That Need Sequels NOW.

Its that time of year again folks, the time I look at the Holiday release schedule and still don't see...well if I said now I'd ruin the list for you. But anyway, these are the games that I love so hard and am sad that there isn't a sequel to them for me to play, and the likelyhood of one is low. 

Its that time of year again folks, the time I look at the Holiday release schedule and still don't see...well if I said now I'd ruin the list for you. But anyway, these are the games that I love so hard and am sad that there isn't a sequel to them for me to play, and the likelyhood of one is low.

1. Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

Was I the only one? I love Tony Hawk, I love the goofiness, I love the arcade style. Yes, to me, Proving Ground was a disappointment because it tried to be realistic and edgy, which was a mistake releasing side by side with skate. But it is the only TH game I'll have to play on my 360 ever. I loved the TH formula, and the additions, whilst minor each year, kept me interested. I may have been in a minority, but it made me sad. Now they've just moved Neversoft to whoring out Guitar Hero, and want to make me spend money to "fakeboard." That isn't a true sequel. They could have just remembered that arcade-like Tony Hawk is awesome, and all it needed was a bit of refining, but they just gave up. Ride is a new skating franchise, and my Tony Hawk will be missed.

2. Star Wars: Republic Commando

DAAAAAAAAAAMN I love this game. Tell this to George Lucas: This is the only Star Wars related piece of media that I shed a tear in. No, I'm not gonna spoil the ending, because I want you all to get it for xbox, buy it off steam if its on there, and play this game. In my eyes, its the last game from the golden era of Star Wars games, when the games kicked much butt, and the films did not. Unfortunately, the reason there will never be a sequel to this game, however, is star wars. It starts at the beginning of the clone wars, and ends at the end of them. You may say a sequel could be side-story of another group but it wouldn't be as awesome, this game really gave a sense of care for your team. I don't care for...michael and..I can't even remember what they were called in R6V. But Sev, Fixer and Scorch. I love you guys, and no one can replace you. =[. (Lucas Arts, even though it would break the clone wars itself, make an out of continuity game starting straight after the end of this one, you can guess what that would contain. kthxbai.)

3. American McGee presents SCRAPLAND

D-Tritus! I love you dude. This game ru-uu-les. This *IS* a more kid-friendly future GTA, and how it should be done. Even in this "kid friendly" attitude though, there are great standout elements of dark humour that the characters are impervious to that makes it just that little bit edgier. The gameplay was top notch in the cars themselves, which is where most of the action took place. Sure on foot it left a...little to be desired, but I looked past the faults, and I saw the great game beneath. There were so many unique ideas in storytelling and gameplay which deserve to be expanded upon at least one more time.

4. RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

Its about time for another RollerCoaster Tycoon game, right? Damn I loved these. I must have spent HOURS in RCT 2 making coasters, making parks, putting no entry signs in front of the park exit. Ahhh, goodtimes. Then three came along, and I got that a bit later after I got a PC that was "with" the times. (Yes, my PC sucks), and whilst some additions were hit and miss, the loss of the isometric perspective was a necessity. The perfect isometric RC game was already made, and there were things you had to sacrifice to get the 3D in. Sure, it was harder to run and build coasters now, but YOU COULD RIDE THEM YOURSELF. That was awesome. And it was a bit buggy, sure, but they ironed them out with patch support, and could build so much more for a sequel. Its a sequel I wish I can see, someday.

5. Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

This game is different, I know more Ace Combat games will come. But they have a habit to jump around consoles, go to portable, go to iPhone etc. etc. And I just want another on the 360, I hope they don't switch to the PS3 for the next game. Why? BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A PS3 AND WANT TO PLAY IT. Sure, its selfish, but this game has the best orchestral soundtrack for any game, bar none. It had be shouting at the screen in the TRAILER. I was timing all my dives and shots for the big crescendos in the music. So yeah, its an awesomely inspirational game like that, and I want another to be able to play. I want to be able to pull my Hi-G turn, lock on and shoot 5 targets. And I want it on a console I can play it on. Sure its selfish, but thats what everyone is thinking about Persona 5 (please please please on a platform I can play it).

6. Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance

OOOOOOH The X-Wing games. I loved this game, I even bought a joystick for it. (Yes, another Star Wars Game) This game was awesome. Sure It was a lot of following the arrow for the offscreen target before you could shoot it, but the concept still remains as one of the most genius things ever. Now make a modern day sequel, Lucas Arts, if your reviving Monkey Island and what-have-you then you have an obligation to start making good star wars games, then the occasional good star wars game, then just whoring star wars games, then going back to re-releasing adventure games and MAKING THE WHOLE ENDLESS CYCLE ARGHHH. (Short message: Sequel pl0x)

7. Jade Empire

Sure, I loved what BioWare did with Mass Effect, but after they are done with that, go back to Jade Empire please, if EA aren't too busy making you make SHITTY iPHONE GAMES. Anyway, Jade Empire had an awesome eastern setting, with enough unique little twists to make it worth making a franchise out of. Sure, there were faults, but Mass Effect has faults too, and even though I probably like ME more, I want BioWare to make another game in this setting at some point. PLEEEEEASE.

8. JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future

Yes Yes, I made this entire list to mention this game. But let me say: This game has the best soundtrack ever, This game has the best sense of style ever, and this game RULES. I still listen to the soundtrack on my iPod, a whole 8(?) or so years on! And imagine what a Jet Set game powered by the xbox 360 could look like? Isn't it just amazing. (This is another occurrence where I wish to have the game I want on the platform I own, I'm not a fanboy, just selfish). There were many faults with the gameplay of future which I saw through because the style and everything was so good, but if SEGA could make a comeback, make a sequel to this game, make it EVEN BETTER and give me "Concept of Love" as the opening, and allow me to sing along to Aisle 10, I could die happy.

In Other News...

• I still do not know the best way to...you know...put lists in posts, which everyone else seems to do flawlessly :( (Thanks to Metal Gear Sunny, I know no :D)
    • I made the first blog I have in 3 months. Shame, to think Sweep recommended me as a blogger to read....
    • blink-182 make the best music ever. I've finally decided. Please come on tour in europe next year with Sum 41 and Green Day supporting. :D. (I can dream)
    • I'm STILL playing lost odyssey. I haven't done much gaming.
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tylea002

1. Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

Was I the only one? I love Tony Hawk, I love the goofiness, I love the arcade style. Yes, to me, Proving Ground was a disappointment because it tried to be realistic and edgy, which was a mistake releasing side by side with skate. But it is the only TH game I'll have to play on my 360 ever. I loved the TH formula, and the additions, whilst minor each year, kept me interested. I may have been in a minority, but it made me sad. Now they've just moved Neversoft to whoring out Guitar Hero, and want to make me spend money to "fakeboard." That isn't a true sequel. They could have just remembered that arcade-like Tony Hawk is awesome, and all it needed was a bit of refining, but they just gave up. Ride is a new skating franchise, and my Tony Hawk will be missed.

2. Star Wars: Republic Commando

DAAAAAAAAAAMN I love this game. Tell this to George Lucas: This is the only Star Wars related piece of media that I shed a tear in. No, I'm not gonna spoil the ending, because I want you all to get it for xbox, buy it off steam if its on there, and play this game. In my eyes, its the last game from the golden era of Star Wars games, when the games kicked much butt, and the films did not. Unfortunately, the reason there will never be a sequel to this game, however, is star wars. It starts at the beginning of the clone wars, and ends at the end of them. You may say a sequel could be side-story of another group but it wouldn't be as awesome, this game really gave a sense of care for your team. I don't care for...michael and..I can't even remember what they were called in R6V. But Sev, Fixer and Scorch. I love you guys, and no one can replace you. =[. (Lucas Arts, even though it would break the clone wars itself, make an out of continuity game starting straight after the end of this one, you can guess what that would contain. kthxbai.)

3. American McGee presents SCRAPLAND

D-Tritus! I love you dude. This game ru-uu-les. This *IS* a more kid-friendly future GTA, and how it should be done. Even in this "kid friendly" attitude though, there are great standout elements of dark humour that the characters are impervious to that makes it just that little bit edgier. The gameplay was top notch in the cars themselves, which is where most of the action took place. Sure on foot it left a...little to be desired, but I looked past the faults, and I saw the great game beneath. There were so many unique ideas in storytelling and gameplay which deserve to be expanded upon at least one more time.

4. RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

Its about time for another RollerCoaster Tycoon game, right? Damn I loved these. I must have spent HOURS in RCT 2 making coasters, making parks, putting no entry signs in front of the park exit. Ahhh, goodtimes. Then three came along, and I got that a bit later after I got a PC that was "with" the times. (Yes, my PC sucks), and whilst some additions were hit and miss, the loss of the isometric perspective was a necessity. The perfect isometric RC game was already made, and there were things you had to sacrifice to get the 3D in. Sure, it was harder to run and build coasters now, but YOU COULD RIDE THEM YOURSELF. That was awesome. And it was a bit buggy, sure, but they ironed them out with patch support, and could build so much more for a sequel. Its a sequel I wish I can see, someday.

5. Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

This game is different, I know more Ace Combat games will come. But they have a habit to jump around consoles, go to portable, go to iPhone etc. etc. And I just want another on the 360, I hope they don't switch to the PS3 for the next game. Why? BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A PS3 AND WANT TO PLAY IT. Sure, its selfish, but this game has the best orchestral soundtrack for any game, bar none. It had be shouting at the screen in the TRAILER. I was timing all my dives and shots for the big crescendos in the music. So yeah, its an awesomely inspirational game like that, and I want another to be able to play. I want to be able to pull my Hi-G turn, lock on and shoot 5 targets. And I want it on a console I can play it on. Sure its selfish, but thats what everyone is thinking about Persona 5 (please please please on a platform I can play it).

6. Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance

OOOOOOH The X-Wing games. I loved this game, I even bought a joystick for it. (Yes, another Star Wars Game) This game was awesome. Sure It was a lot of following the arrow for the offscreen target before you could shoot it, but the concept still remains as one of the most genius things ever. Now make a modern day sequel, Lucas Arts, if your reviving Monkey Island and what-have-you then you have an obligation to start making good star wars games, then the occasional good star wars game, then just whoring star wars games, then going back to re-releasing adventure games and MAKING THE WHOLE ENDLESS CYCLE ARGHHH. (Short message: Sequel pl0x)

7. Jade Empire

Sure, I loved what BioWare did with Mass Effect, but after they are done with that, go back to Jade Empire please, if EA aren't too busy making you make SHITTY iPHONE GAMES. Anyway, Jade Empire had an awesome eastern setting, with enough unique little twists to make it worth making a franchise out of. Sure, there were faults, but Mass Effect has faults too, and even though I probably like ME more, I want BioWare to make another game in this setting at some point. PLEEEEEASE.

8. JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future

Yes Yes, I made this entire list to mention this game. But let me say: This game has the best soundtrack ever, This game has the best sense of style ever, and this game RULES. I still listen to the soundtrack on my iPod, a whole 8(?) or so years on! And imagine what a Jet Set game powered by the xbox 360 could look like? Isn't it just amazing. (This is another occurrence where I wish to have the game I want on the platform I own, I'm not a fanboy, just selfish). There were many faults with the gameplay of future which I saw through because the style and everything was so good, but if SEGA could make a comeback, make a sequel to this game, make it EVEN BETTER and give me "Concept of Love" as the opening, and allow me to sing along to Aisle 10, I could die happy.

In Other News...

• I still do not know the best way to...you know...put lists in posts, which everyone else seems to do flawlessly :( (Thanks to Metal Gear Sunny, I know no :D)
    • I made the first blog I have in 3 months. Shame, to think Sweep recommended me as a blogger to read....
    • blink-182 make the best music ever. I've finally decided. Please come on tour in europe next year with Sum 41 and Green Day supporting. :D. (I can dream)
    • I'm STILL playing lost odyssey. I haven't done much gaming.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

i honestly dont want sequels out of any of those games.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tylea002

Really? Its hope for sequels to these favorite games of mine that make life worth living. This hope is unfounded though =[.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Got to the insert drop menu, and go to my lists.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tylea002

Cheers, I've updated the blog, looks much cleaner.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie

Star wars rebuplic commando does need a sequel.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @Tylea002:  :)
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Snail

Some of those do need a sequel. But I would certainly remove a couple and add a few.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Red12b

I want a Jade Empire 2 as well, Ace Combat should return to the PS3 where it belongs, Because I want to play it more than you do, I loved all Ace Combat games and I have not been able to play this outside of my mates place, I want this game so bad, the best one was Ace Combat 5 It was awesome, a really good story brilliant graphics, great sound to it all, Have you played them?  

I still remember Ace Combat 4, The last mission, Awesome, Mobius1 out.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By ArchScabby
    @Akeldama said:
    " i honestly dont want sequels out of any of those games. "
    I agree.
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By DanielJW

I forgot Roller Coaster Tycoon existed. They need to get on a new one ASAP.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By bed
    @Red12b: ace combat 5 was a fucking epic game. i really enjoyed it from beginning to end. lengthy and it had a great story. i was so bummed when ace combat jumped to 360 and skipped me :(. at least i'll have a chance to play it next year after i get a 360 ^^ 

i still remember in Ace Combat 5, how those nukes (or something like that) would go off and you had to get a certain altitude or you'd die. that game was great. 
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tylea002
    @Red12b: I have played no other Ace Combat games, due to my lack of ever owning a play station console. I'd love too, because i LOVED 6. And I can be more selfish than you ;), I want it moar!
    Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hmm. Games that need sequals?
    I'll agree with...

Republic Commando
    X-Wing
    Jet Set Radio
    Roller Coaster Tycoon

I'll disagree with...

Jade Empire (They neatly wrapped up the storyline at the end of the game. It was all in one package. No need for a sequal. But maybe a game with similar combat?)

I'm a bit iffy about...

Tony Hawk (It depends on if they go realistic, or go back to arcade style. I remember American Wasteland online, where everyone would be pulling off 1mil point combos. Now? We need to manual everyhwere to make combos, and that's annoying. But in AW, you just -rode-. Seriouslly, it felt natural.)

And I've never played the others/heard of them, so...

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By bed
    @SuperSecretAgenda said:
     I remember American Wasteland online, where everyone would be pulling off 1mil point combos
    american wasteland online was pretty fun. i really like how all the levels were connected so you could continue combos into different places and get massive points. Underground has the best online, though. 
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By breadfan

I'll pass on sequels to most of those games, besides X-Wing.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tylea002
    @SuperSecretAgenda: You and me are in a minority. I loved the crazyness of American wasteland, and was sad when a lot was taken out. Most people hated AW, but I loved its sheer over the top awesome.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187
    @Pie said:
    " Star wars rebuplic commando does need a sequel. "
    This.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pibo47

I completely agree with numbers 2 and 3. I looooovvvved those games.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By End_Boss

I got a list, here's the order of my list that it's in,
    It goes Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie, Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me,
    But in this industry I'm the cause of a lot of envy,
    So when I'm not put on this list this shit does not offend me,
    That's why you see me walkin' 'round like nothing's bothering me,
    Even though half you people got a fuckin' problem with me,
    You hate it but you know respect you gotta' give me,
    The press's wet dream, like Bob and Whitney,
     Nate, hit me.

No Caption Provided
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By angelkanarias
    @ArchScabby said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    " i honestly dont want sequels out of any of those games. "
    I agree. "
    same here, but I respect your love for those games.
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By Capum15

I want Ace Combat 7 to retain the Arcade-ish-ness of AC6, but to come out on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

AC6 was awesome, even though I hated the fact that "Go dance with the angels." was said a billion and a half times (I liked it my first play though, started to get a tad annoying during my others). I liked the side stories, and felt the acting was pretty good.

Other than that, the game was epic. Especially after you've beaten it a few times, because if you play your own music, it makes that game so much better (Nightwish works great, along with Sabaton, Rhapsody Of Fire/Luca Turilli). Sadly, I haven't played the other Ace Combats. They sound great.

As for the others...I haven't heard of some, and haven't played the rest. Though I do miss the old Tony Hawk games (THPS2 ftw, soundtrack went amazing with it. I still remember playing the Airforce Hangar/base map with "When Worlds Collide" blaring) The last TH I played was American Wasteland, which was awesome. Haven't played the more recent ones.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#23  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

A modern Jet Set Radio sequel could be very interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.