John Romero's Irish Adventure - Noclip Profiles

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Time for some shameless plugging for good old Beef O'Brady.

An interview with John Romero about his career so far and his knowledge of the Irish language.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 14

Does this turn into Romero stating how they don't make 'em like they used to anymore? He's a cool guy but almost every video I've seen him in he's comparing modern games to the original Doom and how they're not as good.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 85

@humanity: He doesn't trash modern games or overly glorify old games. Rather than editorializing, he sticks to recounting his own history in the games industry up until he left id after Quake.

Mildly interesting video overall. Romero has sure mellowed out since the heady days of the 90s, but he still seems passionate about game making and game history.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@humanity: Nah, they talk about what he's playing these days and it's all stuff he likes a lot.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 14

@savage: @hassun: that's great to hear! I love hearing from old timers but don't like it when they get crabby about the "state of modern gaming"

kilroyandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I bloody loved this! I really like DOD's in depth looks at games, but really, these games would be nothing without this kind of real human stories. I hope Danny get's to speak to more Dev's 1 on 1 and really get to know how they tick. @dannyodwyer we thank you!

4.5 stars (needs more shots of that dude showering)

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

Had time to watch half of this before work this morning. Really made me want to move to Galway.

Will finish the rest when I get home but really enjoying Danny's work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.