Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

John Wick Hex

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 08, 2019

John Wick Hex is an action-oriented strategy game that makes you think and strike like John Wick, the professional hitman of Lionsgate’s critically acclaimed film franchise.

John Wick is getting a game - EGS exclsuiove

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rorie

This looks like it has some style. I assume since John never speaks that they couldn't get Keanu to do the voice, but who knows! Sounds like it'll be an EGS exclusive on PC from what I'm reading, but it's coming to consoles as well!

Created in close cooperation with the creative and stunt teams behind the films, John Wick Hex is fight-choreographed chess brought to life as a video game, capturing the series’ signature gun fu style while expanding its story universe. Players must choose every action and attack they make, while considering their immediate cost and consequences. Every move in John Wick Hex feels like a scene from the movies, and every fight contributes to your progress on the job and requires precise strategic thinking.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Wow I fucked up that title! I'm leaving it as it is because I'm too lazy to change it now.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Relkin

Somewhat ambivalent about this. Movie tie-in games are rarely good, but I have enjoyed most of Mike Bithell's work.

As far as VO goes, it sounds like they got Lance Reddick to reprise his role; for the trailer, if nothing else.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Yeah that actually looks fun. Kinda like that Frozen Synapse game, or Doorkickers, but also like, Ronin/Mark of the Ninja? You know, that kind of planning and execute thing with pausing as well. Those games are kinda uniquely relaxing in a weird way.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Kind of meh on the art but looks more interesting than it has any right to be. Thomas Was Alone guy has an interesting trajectory.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

This could be cool! Thomas was Alone guy is great, and I love John Wick and Frozen Synapse. Could totally be something I'll enjoy.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art style looks like a cheap XIII, or that's at least the vibe there going for. It's like the faces are lacking emotion like i am looking at a Android, they all look like Data from TNG, I don't get that Depressed anger feeling coming of from John Wick.

hybrid_aries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a huge fan of the art style, I felt they could've done more with the aesthetic they're going for. "Cheap XIII" is actually pretty accurate. Low-poly cel-shaded graphics can be great when the proper amount of time and effort are put into them, but I feel like a lot of games have recently been leaning on the low-poly look as a budget constraint and not a thoughtful artistic choice.

A personal aside: it's going to take awhile for me to get used to EGS as an acronym for the Epic Games Store rather than my alma mater's Electronic Gaming Society club.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Rigas

@damoo said:

A personal aside: it's going to take awhile for me to get used to EGS as an acronym for the Epic Games Store rather than my alma mater's Electronic Gaming Society club.

My brain always autocorrects it to TGS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.